“Nice but maybe not” 3 of 5 stars

The Omni Grove Park Inn
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   290 Macon Avenue, Asheville, NC 28804   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #15 of 57 Hotels in Asheville
Sewanee, United States
“Nice but maybe not”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The place is really nice, however our dishes were a little dirty that were in the room or delivered. One would think that a nice place would think about these things. My wife and I stayed here on Valentines but it was very booked and we could not go to the Spas or restaurants. Everything on the grounds has a cost to do which makes little sense when the price point for a room here is so high. If you have no problem with NON-inclusive resorts stay here. Its in a beautiful location.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
Signal Mountain, TN, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Upon entering the Great Hall, I feel the stress of everyday life simply melt away. The Grove Park Inn is a warm, welcoming haven, where you can relax at the incredible Spa, play tennis, golf, hike, use the fitness center, or simply sit in the rocking chairs in front of the giant stone fireplace. The rooms are clean and spacious, especially the panoramic corner rooms in the Sammons Wing. A magical place!exceptionally friendly.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My husband and I spent Valentine Weekend at the Omni Grove Park Inn. This was our first time staying at the resort. The staff was simply exceptional and embodied the concept of "SERVICE". Everything was on point. We stayed in the Vanderbilt wing and the room was large and nicely appointed. We stayed in rm#4053. The next time we visit, I will book a room facing the courtyard. The food was excellent so my hats off to the chef and his/her staff. We had the breakfast and Valentine Buffet during our stay.

Now on to the Spa. I will try to describe the experience but my words won't do it justice. This is a place that you will have to visit in person to appreciate the level of pampering, relaxation, and serenity. I have had the pleasure to visit some of the top Spas both domestically and internationally throughout my travels and the Spa at the Omni Grove Park Inn ranks within the top 5 within the U.S. I hope I have peeked your curiosity enough to visit the Spa. You will not be disappointed.

The Omni Grove Park Inn is a (Well Rounded) resort with regards to service, location, food, comfort, and resort activities - The Spa. I'm sure the other resorts activities are equally satisfying but in February and temperatures below 36 degrees the Spa is the place to be.

Pricing. The Omni Grove Park Inn is an expensive resort. But here's my motto when it comes to price. You get what you pay for. What we got for the Valentine Day weekend is a wonderful time that we will never forget and talk about frequently.

Management. Please share with the staff at the Grove Park Inn our sinecures expressions of gratitude for a wonderful stay.

Again this was our first time staying at the Grove Park Inn and an Omni Hotel property. The Grove Park Inn has set the bar extremely high. I hope other Omni Hotel properties can measure up.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the courtyard.
Crown Point, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

So charming and fascinating! Unbelievable the way it is all made of stones. The main lobby has two huge fireplaces with rocking chairs and comfortable furniture everywhere. The history is amazing, take the guided tour! We ate in the restaurant for lunch and it was good but pricey. Service there was slow although everyone was friendly. The resort, balcony and views are beautiful, everything built of stone. I would love to visit during warm weather. There are a couple of gift shops off site that feature furniture and artwork that is interesting to visit. On site is a section that offers several gift shops offering a range of items. Parking is close and they have valet parking if you need it. We were there when they had the antique and craft conference so we spent some time wandering through it. Very nice.

Room Tip: There are two new hotel sections as the original building has only 31 rooms. So make sure you are bo...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I have been to The Grove Park over many decades as a young girl with my family, later with friends and then with my own family. It is consistently a wonderful destination. Whether for overnight, luncheon, dinner, or cocktails, its warmth and charm are inescapable. Through seasonal closings and various owners and remodelings, we at drawn back time and time again. The giant hearths and fireplaces, lovely views, rich history, nice rooms - some named for famous guests - inspiring events, and charming Asheville are a grand combination. The best buffets we ever had were here for Mother's Day and are still talked about. Treat yourself and others to this magical place. We love it!

• Stayed March 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My husband and I have stayed at Grove Park for many years. Since moving to Florida, we refer to it as "our cold fix." The service, atmosphere, food, spa and other offerings are top rate. We'll be back next year (2016).

Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My husband planned a one night stay for us at this absolutely beautiful old school vibe hotel. It was charming, warm and the staff was amazing from the moment we valeted the car to the time we left. I can't wait to go back. Seth at the main lobby bar was extra helpful and informative. Since we mentioned we were waiting on our room, he quickly tried to make our wait more pleasant than usual. Offering all sorts of historical information and even offering a drink on the house. The appetizers were amazing and i couldn't wait to see what else this great looking place had to offer. We later had dinner at the Edition and again the staff, mainly our main server Cody, was kind and engaged us without making it feel rushed yet still managed to attend the rest of his tables. I LOVED THIS PLACE! Although it was valentines weekend and the spa was already super booked i was told this is something not to miss. My only negative critique, would be that the rooms could use an overhaul, yet then again we barely were in the room.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to The Omni Grove Park Inn? Share your experiences!