“Overnight Spa Getaway” 5 of 5 stars

You added The Omni Grove Park Inn to your Saves list
The Omni Grove Park Inn
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   290 Macon Avenue, Asheville, NC 28804   |
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #15 of 58 Hotels in Asheville
Atlanta, Georgia
“Overnight Spa Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I love the Gove Park Inn and have been coming for years. Was actually thrilled when Omni took it over as the service, ambience, and little niceties were lost during the short period it was owned by KSL Resorts. I "run away from home" for alone time now and then and picked a quick overnight visit at The GPI for a day at the world-class spa (which rarely disappoints) followed by a nice evening in The Great Hall. It is a great place to go and relax with Asheville so close and mountains so near and peaceful.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Cannot be beat for excellent customer service, ambiance, food and location. One of our favorite destinations. Always take out-of-town guests to make sure they get to share this great property. Suggest joining Select Guest program for even more extras.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Recently stayed overnight in a king room with mountain views. Views were gorgeous and room was quite comfortable. Staff were very welcoming and attentive. Dinner at Vue 1913 was superb. Blue Ridge room breakfast buffet has an extensive variety. Would definitely return for a longer visit.

Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Will drive an hour out of my way to spend a blissful night at the Grove Park. Even better if my husband and I can take a few days! Food, spa, golf, and wonderful accommodations and service every time we go there.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Sit on the Sunset Terrace, eat lunch and take in the view, just awesome...a day in the Spa takes your worries away! The history of the building is fascinating, take the tour. Make sure your room has a view of the mountains.

Longwood, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

On my eighth year visiting Asheville, I was asked by a friend of I had stayed at the Grove Park Inn. I hadn't, so I booked my last night there. I had my 9 year old daughter with me.

As we pulled up in front of the hotel, my daughter was extremely impressed (me too!). The property is beautiful!

Our room was on the spa level (level 1) at the end of the Sammons Wing. It was quite a distance from the rest of the hotel and found myself annoyed after trekking across it several times. I wish I was closer to the restaurants and lobby.

Lunch was being served in the Sunset Terrace. The view was glorious and the food was ok. I really liked the mozzarella/tomato salad, but wasn't impressed with the bacon/Chicken sandwich.

We went shopping in the Mountain Gallery store and bought lots of "stuff" for friends and family.

We then headed to the pool. The kids can only swim at the pool near the golf course. The adult spa pools incur a $65 charge per day. The pool near the gold course was large and we'll maintained. My daughter had no problem locating other kids to play with. I relaxed under the trees with a drink and a book.

Later, I had booked kids club for my daughter. That was another trek to the sports complex. She had a great time with the counselor and one other child. They made swords and sheilds. While she played, I ordered room service and watched a pay - per - view in my room. Relaxing!

I liked the resort very much, but considering the price, I probably won't return. Maybe for dinner.

One night, 1 meal, room service, kids club, movie = ~$600

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
WEIRTON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I must begin by saying this historic hotel is beautiful and is truly first class. We have stayed there numerous times and always enjoy it. Nestled in the beautiful mountains it is a restful and luxurious retreat. Our room was spacious, clean and all of the facilities offered are lovely. The restaurants are all excellent and the entertainment in the Great Hall was enjoyable.

The spa is one of the most beautiful I have ever seen. Walking into it, one feels as if they are entering a subterranean world. Men and women each have steam, sauna and inhalation rooms as well as hot tubs and cold plunges. In the larger co-Ed section,there are two pools with hot tubs on either side with waterfalls beating down, giving a feeling of a massage as it hits ones shoulders and back! Heavenly! There is also an outside pool with a spa menu for dining.

Now for the negative and the reason for a 4 instead of 5 rating. My husband and I booked spa treatments two weeks prior to our visit there. Then at 9:00 p.m. the night before our treatments, he received a call from the spa canceling his treatment. They asked if he would like a massage instead of his scheduled Gentlemen's foot treatment and he declined as he doesn't like massages. They gave him a day pass in lieu of his treatment. Had we cancelled in this time frame, we would have been charged the entire amount but they cancelled and he got a free day pass! Not right. My husband told the desk clerk in the spa he felt this wasn't right and they said there was nothing they could do but would have manager get in touch. The Manager did phone that evening and asked what we wanted! What we wanted was the treatment we booked or a sincere apology for the cancellation. A glass of wine or lunch or something to make up would have been a nice, classy thing to do but we certainly were not going to ask for something. It is hard to imagine a top rated spa of that size would find it necessary to cancel any treatment when there are a number of therapists on staff! Certainly there was more than one person trained to do his specific treatment and he could have easily switched the time if that had been an option. We were disappointed that they did not handle this in a better manner and felt the Manager fell short in his Guest Relations.
This is an expensive place and when one pays for good service, it is not unreasonable to expect good service.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Omni Grove Park Inn? Share your experiences!