“honeymoon” 3 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   290 Macon Avenue, Asheville, NC 28804   |
Ranked #19 of 59 hotels in Asheville
“honeymoon”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

we made a reservation to stay in this hotel with the B&B pkg for the friday night. we both have always wanted to go to this resort. $334.00 for one night and 2 buffet breakfast. ( a splurge for us)

1. we stayed in the original part of the hotel. its very old, lots of history, room was very small but the furnishings were in keeping with the time period.
2. read about the numerous dining options, we called to discuss the options and were told NO reservations were necessary. we could decide upon arrival. during our drive to the hotel that Friday i called to confirm our arrival and to tell them my brother wanted to send a bottle of wine to us during dinner. we had decided on the sunset terrace to enjoy steaks.we were told only two times remained 5:30( too early) or 9:00 ( too late). okay so we go with the flow and decide too eat at the blue ridge restaurant featuring a seafood buffet that night. i call my brother back to let him know we will be eating at 7pm at the blue ridge restaurant. he calls to order the wine only to call us back to say they WILL NOT allow someone to order a bottle of wine and pay by credit card without a 24 hour notice??? seafood just okay.
3.we arrived at the property at noon and were able to check in early. $15.00 charge to park on top of $25.00 resort fee
enjoyed the view and the property that afternoon
4.breakfast buffet definitely not worth the extra $46.00
i would say stay somewhere else, make a dinner reservation for steaks on the sunset terrace enjoy the view and leave.

1,370 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Many times I rode my bike from UNCA to study on the beautiful veranda overlooking the pool and golf course with a Gin and Tonic and my books for studies. It was a great place for a relaxing afternoon. The antique car museum could not be beat. During the 80's I helped build the new section and sadly that removed some of the charm of the old Grove Park Inn. See it while you still can.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We love the GPI! We enjoy the history, the views, convenience to Asheville, service and amenities especially the Spa. When in Asheville this is where we stay always requesting a historic section. Be sure to ask about the facility offerings - there is a lot to do just on the grounds.

Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This property is everything you see in pictures and more. You are transported to a timeless wonder set in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. From the moment we arrived we were greeted warmly by the valet. It was raining that day and the valet walked me to the door under an umbrella which I thought was very nice. The only problem we had with the valet service is one of the days we called for our car from the room and they told us that the area was too full to request our car and to head down to get it. It took 20 minutes for them to bring our car around which wasn't a big deal as we are on vacation and in no hurry to get anywhere. The main reason I did not give this resort 5 stars is because of our terrible experience with the VUE restaurant. The service was at best mediocre and exrtemely slow. I think we were there over 2 hours and not by choice. I was celebrating my birthday and they didn't do anything to make me feel special. Do not eat here! If we return one day (which we probably will just to do another spa day).
I must say the spa is 5 stars though. The front desk staff can be more friendly but I didn't really care as I couldnt wait to get inside. It was the perfect way to spend my birthday. The massage was phenomenal and the service was beyond great. The pools and outside lazy river hot tub was just what we needed on a rainy day.

Room Tip: Ask for mountain view.
Chattanooga, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We were glad to see that new Omni owners' changes respected the historical integrity of the GPI while offering improved dining options. Staff well-trained with friendly, helpful attitudes all around. Surprise service charge add-on is an irritant and a cop-out, should be included in room price. GPI offers an incomparable emersion into early 1900's America's Arts & Crafts movement. Ask for a room in the original bldg. for the total experience. Fireplace elevator ride is a must. Explore all the public spaces, period furnishings/fixture everywhere. GPI is true American treasure in a beautiful setting.

Charlotte, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The Omni Grove Park Inn is a beautiful, historic hotel. My room was in the main section of the hotel, the older portion, on the 6th/penthouse floor, and was so much more than what I was anticipating. Beautiful views out of windows that OPEN! The room was spotless and everything was in working order except the hair dryer, which was never replaced, but I didn't miss it. There is a golf course and spa on the property that I did not use, however, I heard from others that both are very nice but require advance notice. The food at the hotel is wonderful; if you get a chance to stop in at one of the restaurants I highly recommend it. My only concern with the hotel was the pricing and schedule for amenities were not what I expected for a hotel of this quality. When I pay hundreds of dollars for a hotel room, I do not expect to have to pay to use the fitness facility. Even had I chosen to pay, the fitness activities are planned/scheduled daily and none of them fit into my own daily schedule. Ones that happened to be available during my free time were not classes that I wanted to take or were too long for the time I had available. It was very frustrating. There was a free hiking "Sunset" trail on the property that I used one morning, early, and that was very welcome. However, the trail is a loop that is only ~1 mile long that goes through woods near the property. I walked it twice in about 25 minutes. A treadmill or weight bench would have been nice. I think most people looking to stay at the Grove Park Inn are not seeking it out for fitness reasons. Overall a very nice hotel, beautiful accomodations, historic, and friendly staff. High price tag for a remote location in Asheville, only 10 minutes from downtown. Beautiful views, beautiful grounds. Not an easy place for personal fitness.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Danvillle, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We only had two days in the area but loved the hotel, its amenities, service, and the area. The stay was as expected--we got to stay in the historic part of the hotel and the one day of sight-seeing we went to the Biltmore and it too was great. We will be back

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Been to The Omni Grove Park Inn? Share your experiences!