So behind in my reviews, but I will start with my trip in October to the Grove Park Inn. If you have lived in the south for any amount of time, there is a good chance you have heard of, or have been to the Grove Park Inn.
This was my first time and I was fortunate enough to stay there for a business conference (ie - the company picked up the tab.) I was able to go in Mid October when fall was hitting its stride and the leaves and weather was just magical.
I arrived at the main inn around 4pm and was taken away to the awe inspiring beauty of this stone building constructed in 1913. I received immediate attention upon exiting my car and was shown to the registration desk.
You walk right inside to the great hall where 10 foot wide fireplaces roar in this enormous room. Fit with rocking chairs, lounge tables and a magnificent view, I knew this place was special.
I stayed in this historic inn which was the original part of the hotel. The property is huge with newer facilities connected.
Room was very average to say the least. It was spacious and comfortable but nothing to write home about. Elevator to get upstairs was manned by a bellhop. Very Cramped, old but historic.
Terrace restaurant was beautiful but we did not eat there. Did grab dinner Friday night at Blue Ridge dining room which had what I would consider a very above average seafood buffet. Everyyhing you could possibly want was there. Great salads, desserts, breads. Views were unreal from the restaurant.
Spent our nights in the great room sipping on cocktails sitting next to the enormous fire. This was the best part of the day.
Everyone hears about the spa and while I had great intentions to at least enjoy it for the day $90 a person to walk through the door (without services) is absurd to me.
Golf course was beautiful, but pricey.
Overall, this is a must do in my opinion. Had a I paid for this stay I would not be as happy with everything, but it would be something I would at least do once in my lifetime.
- Also Known As:
- Park Grove Inn Asheville Nc
- Grove Park Inn
- Park Inn Grove
- Grove Park Resort
- Grove Park Inn Resort
- Grove Park Spa
- Grove Park Inn Resort Spa
- Grove Park Hotel
- Grove Asheville North Carolina
- Grovepark Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grove Park Inn Resort & Spa in Asheville, N.C., is one of the country's most celebrated resorts. Noted for understated elegance and southern charm, 10 U.S. Presidents and countless luminaries from the worlds of art, entertainment, sports and politics have stayed at this National Register of Historic Places hotel. Relax in one of 512 rooms and themed suites, enjoy a drink by a massive 14-foot fireplace or watch the sunset from a rocking chair. Offering sweeping views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, delectable restaurants, Donald Ross golf course, tennis and fitness center, award winning spa and spacious convention facilities, this AAA Four Diamond Property is listed on Fodor's "Top 10 Luxury Spa Resorts" and Travel + Leisure’s rankings of “Top Spa Resorts” in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Venere, Hotels.com, Tingo, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your The Grove Park Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.