“Better than expected” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 59 hotels in Asheville
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Better than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The interior was clean and updated and the front desk was super friendly. I used Hotwire for this property and did not like that the doors open to exterior, but felt safe enough. I was only there for 8 hours, enough to sleep and be on my way. I did miss not having breakfast.

257 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

If you are just looking for a clean place to sleep, highly recommend! Nothing fancy, but good beds, friendly staff, AND walking distance from....Cracker Barrel!! Felt safe here traveling with my 12 year old daughter.

• Stayed March 2013
Zebulon NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Stayed at the RRI on the way to a destination in Tennessee. Based on the Trip Advisor reviews we booked the room and it was as advertised. The room was small but clean and the bed comfortable. The office staff was very friendly. I would like a larger room if I was staying for a longer period but if that is not an issue for you I heartily recommend the RRI.

Baldwin, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I needed an affordable place in the Asheville area for a week, and Red Roof Asheville West got decent reviews. I'm glad I followed them! I got a king bed nonsmoking, with a nice desk area, fridge and microwave. The "wood" floors are really nice, contemporary fixtures, and comfy enough bed. The sink is outside from the toilet and shower, but that gives you a dry ,mirror for after your shower! A great clothes hanging rack that's open to the room rather than being an open closet ( that always sucks the light out of the room). Only, minor, downsides: 20 channels, 4 of which are ESPN or Speed variations; no sheer window treatments, it's either blackout curtains, or let people see right into your room (the walkways run outside the room, so even on the third floor I had a man peek into my window...); and the immediate area is not good for anyone who likes to eat even remotely healthy food...you have a Cracker Barrel about 50 feet away, a DQ, a Dunkin Donuts, and gas stations. Otherwise you gotta hop on Patton Ave and head west a bit or get on 40 and go into downtown for good food. Not a big deal for me...I brought some food and took advantage of the mini fridge and microwave!

So yeah, I do recommend this place. Plenty of parking while I was here. Friendly staff that helped when my room key stopped working. Great value for the short distance to west Asheville and downtown.

Room Tip: The odd number rooms face the parking lot, even rooms face the back of DQ. None are gonna have great...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

I came to Asheville to visit my girlfriend and chose this hotel because of the cheap price and nice photos I saw on Expedia, and I'm glad I did choose it! The room I had was a superior king non-smoking and man was it a beautiful room. The staff was very nice, the beds were clean and comfortable, the hardwood floors was a great touch, and everything was just nice and in order. There is that small extra $1 fee because of the safe they have in the rooms, but what's $1 right? Overall everything was wonderful and not too far from downtown, so every time I come to the Asheville area this will be my number one stay! I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone that wants a nice hotel to stay in.

• Stayed March 2013
Blacksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This RRI was recently renovated and was totally excellent and a good location for taking in Asheville. The floors are now a nice vinyl but they mop/clean it each stay, so it was very clean...whereas another motel of diff brand had same type of flooring but made your bare feet black. Bed was very comfortable and shower had the new style curtain rod with more usable room. The grassy play area dog area had a picnic table and covered gazebo our from room #120. All the staff were perfectly friendly and helpful. The TV was the largest wide screen unit I have ever had in a motel. Ice machine was perfect. I would stay here again in a second. There were great eating choices within a block....Cracker Barrel, Hardee's, Dunkin Donut, Burger King, etc. The major business highway Hwy #19 was a quick easy way into downtown...no need to get on the beltway or interstate. A lower price would be nicer but $62 (senior citizen rate) for two on weekend with king size bed with refrig and microwave is pretty good.

Christiansburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We've stayed at a lot of Red Roof Inns because they are super pet friendly. Pets are very welcome at no extra charge. This is by far the best property we've stayed at. Price is amazing. The locations was great. No, they don't have breakfast or even coffee in the room, but there's (good) fresh coffee in the lobby starting at 6 am, Hardee's, Dunkin Donuts, and Cracker Barrel are all within safe walking distance. By safe I mean no busy highways to cross, the entire place is safe.

We had a superior king on the "loud" side, next to the highway, but with the AC on at night, we never heard any traffic noise. Tell them you're if you're bringing a pet, because that's where the pet walking area is. Also ask for ground floor when you reserve, so much easier for pets, especially older ones like ours.

The room was exceptionally clean and plenty roomy. Great king bed, four pillows, flat screen TV, good internet connection. My only (very minor) complaint was that the towels were minimal, two relatively thin bath towels, minimal compared to everything else. Probably could have asked for extras.

People have commented on the charge for the in room safe. We did not use it, and were asked at check out if we had. Said no, and the charge was immediately taken off the bill. Be sure to ask for a receipt on check out to verify this.

Overall, a great stay. We'd go back any time we visit Asheville, NC.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
sfig, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Asheville West, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for staying with us while in Asheville--we enjoy offering our guests a great quality room at a reasonable price--hope to see you again if your travel plans take you through our area!

Been to Red Roof Inn Asheville West? Share your experiences!