“Another Red Roof Inn Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Asheville West
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16 Crowell Rd., Asheville, NC 28806   |
Ranked #24 of 58 Hotels in Asheville
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Another Red Roof Inn Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This RRI was recently renovated and was totally excellent and a good location for taking in Asheville. The floors are now a nice vinyl but they mop/clean it each stay, so it was very clean...whereas another motel of diff brand had same type of flooring but made your bare feet black. Bed was very comfortable and shower had the new style curtain rod with more usable room. The grassy play area dog area had a picnic table and covered gazebo our from room #120. All the staff were perfectly friendly and helpful. The TV was the largest wide screen unit I have ever had in a motel. Ice machine was perfect. I would stay here again in a second. There were great eating choices within a block....Cracker Barrel, Hardee's, Dunkin Donut, Burger King, etc. The major business highway Hwy #19 was a quick easy way into downtown...no need to get on the beltway or interstate. A lower price would be nicer but $62 (senior citizen rate) for two on weekend with king size bed with refrig and microwave is pretty good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Christiansburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We've stayed at a lot of Red Roof Inns because they are super pet friendly. Pets are very welcome at no extra charge. This is by far the best property we've stayed at. Price is amazing. The locations was great. No, they don't have breakfast or even coffee in the room, but there's (good) fresh coffee in the lobby starting at 6 am, Hardee's, Dunkin Donuts, and Cracker Barrel are all within safe walking distance. By safe I mean no busy highways to cross, the entire place is safe.

We had a superior king on the "loud" side, next to the highway, but with the AC on at night, we never heard any traffic noise. Tell them you're if you're bringing a pet, because that's where the pet walking area is. Also ask for ground floor when you reserve, so much easier for pets, especially older ones like ours.

The room was exceptionally clean and plenty roomy. Great king bed, four pillows, flat screen TV, good internet connection. My only (very minor) complaint was that the towels were minimal, two relatively thin bath towels, minimal compared to everything else. Probably could have asked for extras.

People have commented on the charge for the in room safe. We did not use it, and were asked at check out if we had. Said no, and the charge was immediately taken off the bill. Be sure to ask for a receipt on check out to verify this.

Overall, a great stay. We'd go back any time we visit Asheville, NC.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
sfig, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Asheville West, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for staying with us while in Asheville--we enjoy offering our guests a great quality room at a reasonable price--hope to see you again if your travel plans take you through our area!
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed at the RRI one night as part of a weekend get-away. The room was clean, but with very few amenities. It had two double-beds and was big enough for 2 adults & 2 preteens, but with little room for anything else. We were surprised there was no in-room coffee maker. There were hot drinks in the lobby, but also many food options close by. Overall the room was sufficient since most of our time was spent out doing other things. Definitely a no frills accommodation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
sfig, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Asheville West, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for choosing us to stay with during your weekend getaway. I am happy that you found our newly renovated rooms offer a value and comfortable choice while touring the Asheville area. Come back and see us again should you be in the Asheville area!
Saint Augustine, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

They run what I consider to be a scam regarding use of the safe in the room. At check in the only way you can check in is to agree to have $1.50 added to your bill for the use of a safe in your room. You are not allowed to decline at check in. You can have the charge removed IF YOU SPECIFICALLY ASK at check out. They hope most people will forget.
I wrote to their corp website. They did not reply.
Finally after staying at another RR and reviewing it on tripadvisor and speaking to the manager there (they did not have safe's there), I got a call from their customer service dept.
Among other things she claimed that they can tell if you have used the safe, at which point I asked them why they can’t simply charge me if I use it. Towards the end of the conversation the agent spoke to her supervisor about my concern with their corrupt policy. His apparent only response was to have her tell me that I signed a form. He / she wouldn’t be bothered to talk to me. Absolutely no concern that they have lost me as a customer. It used to be the only chain that I stayed with if they had a location in town. NOW I NEVER STAY at another Red Roof.

Room Tip: Don't stay there
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
sfig, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Asheville West, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
I apologize that you received this impression while staying at our inn. Our guests' safety and security is our number one priority, and we do offer safes in the room as an amenity to help protect your valuables while traveling. This is the intended purpose of our safes--and their only purpose. We hope that you will reconsider your decision as we value you as a customer.
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We had a cat and we wanted to watch our expenditures so we made reservations at this hotel. I was so pleasantly pleased to find that our room was so comfortable and clean. We paid a total of $54 for the night. The beds were great. Our cat was also very comfortable :). I stayed in a Hard Rock Hotel one time that was nasty and that rate for the evening was ridiculous. Great going you folks at Red Roof Inn. Thanks for giving us a great room for a fabulous price!! We need more hotels to follow suit.

Room Tip: We were on the bottom floor not far from the highway but we heard very little, if any, road noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us during your trip home. I am glad that you found our new beds to be comfortable for you and your pet! We hope to see you again in your travels.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Went to Ashville for a last minute, weekend visit. Room was clean, looked like it was recently remodeled, very comfortable and a great value. Room was not overly spacious, but was large enough for two people. Would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
sfig, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Asheville West, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
We thank you for staying with us during your trip! We are proud to offer our newly remodeled rooms at a great price. Hope to see you again if your travels take you through Asheville.
Suwanee, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I booked this room based on trip advisor reviews and I am so pleased to say I was not disappointed. The hotel was fully booked when we arrived and yet the staff were still pleasant and efficient. The room was clean and the "wood" floors were a nice bonus. (I hate hotel carpets). The superior king bed was huge and pretty comfortable. The view wasn't great but I didn't book it based on the scenery so I was fine with that. Close to an amazing Chinese buffet and only about 20 minutes from Biltmoe Estate. Total cost...$67. Thank you fellow travelers!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
sfig, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Asheville West, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
We appreciate your choosing us for your stay in Asheville! I'm glad you found our remodeled accommodations comfortable and affordable.

Been to Red Roof Inn Asheville West? Share your experiences!