“Most comfortable hotel bed I have slept in” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #38 of 58 Hotels in Asheville
Carolina Shores, North Carolina, United States
“Most comfortable hotel bed I have slept in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel was very clean both the communal areas and the room itself. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We do not usually utilize housekeeping when we stay in a hotel and we did not during this stay either, but the housekeeping staff was very friendly and as we were leaving one day asked if we were sure we didn't want service. We said we didn't and she asked if there was anything at all she could do for us and I realized it would be good to have the trash emptied really quick as we had a newborn with us so she took care of that very quickly so we could be on our way. I slept very well for sleeping in a hotel bed -- not as comfortable as mine at home, but pretty darn comfortable considering it is a hotel bed. I liked the sliding doors on the side of the hotel (still need to use a pass to get in for security) as it made it very easy to load/unload our vehicle. I only wish they had the continental breakfast at this hotel because it is super convenient when I am staying somewhere for business.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Rayna L, Manager at Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Hello Mary S,

Thank you for letting us know about the great experience you had during your stay with us! We are so glad to hear that our housekeeping staff did whatever they could to contribute to your experience. Your kind comments will be passed on to let them know they are appreciated, and to keep up the good work!

While it is true that we do not have a continental breakfast, we do have a convenient alternative; each guest room has a room service card for breakfast that can be filled out for breakfast and hung on the door. We then pick them all up at night and in the morning deliver your breakfast at the time of your choosing.

Again, thank you for your comments. We wish you safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The staff was really great and helpful The free breakfast is prepared perfect eggs all the fixins the waitress was unreal with kindness and always s smile will miss her Rooms cleaned perfect GREAT BED all I can say is great place and close to all places thanks to the great staff

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Rayna L, Manager at Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hello STANTONSEE,

Thank you for taking the time to let us and others know how much you loved your stay with us! We are so glad we were able to exceed your expectations. Your kind comments will be passed on to the staff to let them know to keep up the good work.

We wish you safe travels!
Fl
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First impression Staff didn't care ( Chris ) than room smelled musty no circulation and Aircon is switched off to save money ..do you change rooms at 10:30 pm ?? No just hang in and choose a hilton next time where they look after their diamond members . Holiday Inn has become one of the most inconsistan brands around no free breakfast for platinum members older renovations with a lot of care desired

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Rayna L, Manager at Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Hello uli1,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience during your stay. We can see that we clearly did not meet your expectations this time, and for that we apologize. We can assure you that our staff does care very much about all our guests, and your comments will be brought up to them to ensure no other guests are made to feel unwelcome.

It is true that we do not leave the air conditioning units running in unoccupied rooms, as this would contribute to higher emissions and electricity waste in the hotel. However, when they are turned on, they can cool the room in just a few minutes.

We do not change rooms at 10:30 pm, and we are not entirely certain what situation you are referring to. We would love to hear a little more information about this, should you choose to contact us regarding the matter.

Unfortunately, it is true; full service Holiday Inns do not offer free breakfast. That is a guarantee only with Holiday Inn Express.

Again, we do apologize for not meeting your expectations. Should you choose to return to our location as a valued guest, we would love an opportunity to give you the relaxing and enjoyable stay that we pride ourselves on providing to our guests.
Fernandina Beach FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Staff was great, both front desk and housekeeping. Plenty of luggage carts to handle luggage. Although there are 3 elevators spaced along the length of the hotel, the cars were small (able to fit only one luggage cart and a couple of people and very slow. It was the hottest week of the summer in Asheville but the hallways were very hot (sauna like). Appears that the only cooling are A/C units at each end of the hall and most appeared to be unplugged so apparently some issues there. Indoor/outdoor pool was nice.
Room (king bed) was fairly spacious but a/c struggled to keep room at a comfortable temperature. Went out and bought a box fan to improve the air circulation in the room to at least make it feel cooler.
Hotel is in a great location just off I-40 and close proximity to a lot of dining choices. I mentioned to front desk that the landscapers need to cut back some of the shrubs by the driveway as it is hard to see oncoming traffic unless you are almost out in the road.

Room Tip: Inside rooms (even numbered) will overlook atrium/pool but were soundproofed well that we didn't...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Rayna L, Manager at Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Hello dlwinger,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience during your stay with us. We are glad to see that you enjoyed your overall stay, and that our staff was able to make you feel welcome.

Thank you for bringing some of the issues you encountered to our attention. We certainly do apologize for the fact that you needed to buy your own fan to feel comfortable in your room! This is a serious issue, and your comments will be brought to the property manager's attention.

We wish you safe travels, and hope to see you again during your next visit to Asheville, as we would love an opportunity to make a better impression with you next time.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

The one thing we noticed as soon as we walked in was the nice, big, clean lobby. All staff members we encountered were very polite and most importantly, smiling. There was someone always cleaning the lobby/pool areas. The indoor/outdoor pool was awesome and clean, although not as hot as we would have liked. We did have breakfast in the restaurant, and opted for the continental buffet, which came with coffee or juices. Overall, the staff and facilities were top notch.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Rayna L, Manager at Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Hello Kathleen S,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how happy you were with your stay at our location! You comments will be passed on to our staff. We wish you safe travels and hope to see you again during your next visit to Asheville.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

My husband and I waited till the last minute to decide to go away for 2 days. We chose this hotel, because it was close to everything. The staff was nice and accommodating, they were going to put us on the first floor, but I have a lot of allergies and thought the chlorine from the pool would bother me. They did put us on the 5th floor, which the room was nice it faced the pool area which was fine. The only thing was this room smelled of smoke when we first arrived and when we put the air on the smell subsided mostly, I guess the smokers floor was above us, that is why we could smell smoke, but it was tolerable. The problem I did have was when I got home I checked my checking account and Holiday Inn over charged me 40.00 $ from what I signed on the original bill. I called them and the answer I got (I HAVE NEVER HEARD THIS BEFORE) was we over charge because we want to make sure you have sufficient money in your account to cover the bill, and it will be credited back to your account as soon as paid by your bank. People please check your bill to make sure you are not over charged, this is probably illegal on some level. Would not stay here again only because of this reason.

Room Tip: don't stay on first floor or 6 th floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Rayna L, Manager at Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Hello Lisa S,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience during your stay with us. We are so glad to hear that our staff was welcoming and friendly, and able to accommodate your needs concerning chlorine allergies.
We do apologize for the confusion regarding your bill; the explanation you received was not accurate. The additional charge, which was a total of $50, is a result of a standard holding fee issued to any guest booking with a debit card. (The fee is $25 per day, to cover incidentals.) At the end of your stay, we release the charges back to your account immediately, where it is then held by your bank until they put it back into your account. Some banks release the money back to their customers quickly, others wait a little longer. Unfortunately, we do not have control over this part. We do understand the inconvenience this may cause to some; however, the practice of a holding fee for incidentals is a standard procedure for many hotels. We assure you this is not illegal, and again apologize for the undue stress that has resulted from it. We are sorry to hear that because of this, you have decided that you will not be returning to stay with us, and we hope you will reconsider that. We would love an opportunity to have you as our guest again during your next visit to Asheville.
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

I stay in hundreds of hotels a year. This is by far the worst experience I have had EVER! Some of the front desk staff are very unprofessional. They were performing a lock change on all of the rooms on my floor. I had my room dead bolted. They used a master key to enter the room while I was sleeping which was shocking in itself. I spoke with the manager on duty who said they would call me back which they never did. There was a yellow sticky that said 8pm. At 5pm I got a call from the front desk saying that they would be doing it right now. I asked for a different room and they said they were full. I had to endure 10 hours of extremely loud banging, drilling and sawing. I work at night so I didn't get any sleep. AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS!

Stayed August 2014

Been to Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West? Share your experiences!