“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #33 of 58 Hotels in Asheville
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We recentely stayed at this Holiday Inn and I was expecting much more for $140 per night. The lobby area looked nice, but the rest of the hotel is not up to par. I don't know who thought it was a good idea to put a pool in the lobby, but that was a terrible idea. The staff at the hotel constantly fussed at the children in the pool for being too loud. What do you think kids in a pool will do? Not to mention who really wants the entire hotel watching you swim or relax by the pool. Every staff member we encountered was rude. The breakfast is way overpriced. The air conditioning never cooled the room down. The bathroom had no vent and the lights flashed on an off for about a minute before they would actually turn on. Rooms are very small and the beds seem small as well. Not your typical Holiday Inn experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Ashlee B,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Please accept our apologies for the condition in which you found your room. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. We will be addressing the matters with the respective departments in order to avoid these unnecessary issues in the future.

Jaime W
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This has become my family's meeting place from now on. it is half way for my family in Lee County Va and me in Mount Pleasant, NC . The kids love the indoor pool and are anxious to use the outdoor pool this summer. The rooms are so spacious and so nice and the beds sleep wonderfully. The rooms are very clean and just great! The restaurant is wonderful especially for breakfast buffett. Great variety of foods and big lobby area to sit around and visit and watch several different televisions. We just love it and plan to keep on coming back for our get togethers!

Room Tip: wonderful views and balconies on 4th floor.
Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Recently stayed here while traveling through the area. For the price paid, I was a little disappoined. It wasn't bad but for some reason I expected more. The room could have used better lighting and the internet sucked (I need good internet for my biz). No complimentary breakfast (even as a priority club member). The front desk people were nice as was the bartender but I don't know if I would choose this location again unless the internet was working better and a better price point.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Creekguy,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. I am truly sorry for the challenges you experience with the internet service. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note of your valuable comments and we will use these to monitor and improve the quality of product and services we offer to our guests.

Connie D
De Pere, WI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This hotel was a disappointment - the lobby was nice and the front desk staff very friendly, but the room was not worth the price. It was also very noisy - could hear noise from the elevator, halls, lobby, and pool, all in our room. I thought for the price it would have been a nicer property.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear paular358,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I appreciate the compliments on the hotel lobby and staff. I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the level of noise encountered and if you found the room rates less than satisfactory. I have taken note of your comments and have shared these with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

While I understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Zelyn N
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Through Priceline I received this hotel. Ok location. Lobby is nice and the indoor pool is a plus, but I have to say once we got off the elevator we were taken aback at the smell of cigarettes. Our room was on the 6th floor. The room itself smelled pretty bad too. They tried to mask the smell but honestly it was hard to tolerate. On a positive note the bed was comfortable and thee room was clean. The room itself was small. The noise level was kinda bad. Staff were friendly and did let us check in early. I would have to say for price I think I could have done much better, but again I went through Priceline. I would advise others to look around unless your a smoker .

Room Tip: If your a smoker this is a place for you!
Dear Rana2121,

We appreciate you sharing your experience regarding your stay with us. It is regrettable you did not enjoy your stay at our property. Please accept my sincere apology for the unusual conditions of the rooms you received. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will address these to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

I appreciate your feedback and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Joel B
Cleveland, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We visited this Holiday Inn, which appears to be an older hotel renovated somewhat recently, and found it satisfactory but not wonderful. It is a good clean place to stop for a night or two but probably not for a week-long or longer vacation.

We chose it because it has an indoor pool, a must-have for our small children. The pool did not disappoint. It was very nice, warm and not too crowded. Our room was average to small, but was acceptable for the price. We accidentally took the elevator to the 4th floor at one point and as soon as the doors opened a terrible cigarette smoke smell permeated the elevator. Please make sure to not stay on or visit the 4th floor if you're not a smoker!

The location is in West Asheville and we commented we're not sure how they can even justify putting "Biltmore" in the name. There are much better locations if Biltmore is your destination. There are several fast-food and casual dining places around. It's a 15-minute drive to downtown and probably about as far to Biltmore in East Asheville.

I've pointed out a lot of semi-negatives but I'm doing so just so people will know what they're getting. Again, for our purposes, it was adequate especially for the price. Just be sure you know where you're going!

Room Tip: 4th floor = Smoking!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear TNtravelers02,

Thank you for your review and being so detailed in the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Whilst I am pleased with the good comment, We truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience our location may have caused. We are continually reviewing the products and service we provide, therefore guest feedback is very important to us.

Again, I wish to thank you for your input and hope to see you the next time you travel to our area.

Krysllin G.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We checked in, got our room. We reserved a non-smoking room. The hotel just kind of smells smokey. Our room wasn't smokey. We had driven for over ten hours, so we took a nap. Unfortunately, someone walked in about a half hour later. Fortunately, the person realized someone was in there and left immediately. We then received a phone call from the front desk asking who was in that room. I explained who checked us in, our names, etc. They said no problem. We went out for dinner, came back, and were locked out of our room. After expressing our displeasure with the entire experience, they gave us breakfast passes and fixed our keys. No real apology for their major mess-up. I'm a priority club member, so I want to go to Holiday Inns. My husband is not a fan, and they do not help themselves. The next morning we went to their hot breakfast which was cold (eggs were cold and rubbery!). The bacon was good. We're going back to Asheville someday and won't be staying there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Loonyteach,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received poor customer service from our staff and the poor breakfast selection which was unacceptable. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West? Share your experiences!