“Not my favorite, could've just been the night” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #41 of 59 hotels in Asheville
Boston, Massachusetts
“Not my favorite, could've just been the night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Honest disclosure - I was in a foul mood after flying 2 hours, driving 2 hours, and then my GPS got me lost twice and then didn't have a good fix on the location. All I wanted was to be left alone and have a workout. But the lobby was so noisy from the pool being taken over by a sports team that had checked in (I agree with a previous reviewer that having the open concept lobby with pool would not be my first choice. Certainly if I wanted a quiet swim, that wasn't going to happen and I would hate to have people watching me from the atrium!). The check-in people were very nice and put me in a quiet room. My only goal was to have a quick workout in the fitness room, but I continue to be disappointed that chain hotels consider a fitness room just a few pieces of cardio equipment. I can't speak to the food or breakfast... probably my next visit I'll try somewhere else and do a bit more research about amenities.

Room Tip: Away from any potential noise from lobby/pool.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Trolleyticket,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations regarding noise and the fitness center. We will look into these points. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

219 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Upon arriving late, we chose to eat at the hotel. It was a wise decision! The chicken quesadilla was amazing and the large salad would feed at least four people. The chicken sandwich was great too.

The hotel staff was very helpful, and the pool was great. If you have a State ID, you cannot beat the price!

We will stay here again on our trip to myrtle beach next year too.

• Stayed March 2013
Woodstock, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

This Holiday Inn has been around for a while and has gone through several name changes. The rooms were extrememly clean as was the dining area. However, the carpet in the hallways is in need of being replaced. The beds are VERY soft so if you have back problems, this may not be the hotel for you. The staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Port Orange, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed only one night. The staff, Mel and Bobby were very pleasant and they seemed to enjoy working and serving the guest. The lobby was very bright and clean. Our rooms were clean, comfortable, and quite large. The dining room was roomy and comfortable. Breakfast was very good and the man in the dining room was so helpful ( I am sorry I did not get his name). but he was right there if you needed anything. In the last week this has been the second Holiday Inn I have stayed in and the service in both has been excellent! I so recommend staying here if you need a clean, comfortable, enjoyable experience.

Room Tip: I was on the bottom floor past the pool and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Penhook, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I would have given the motel 5 if it had not been for a rude night manager. Everyone else from Managers, housekeeping and other staff where amazing. The motel has an indoor/outdoor pool, hot tub, fitness center, small bar, really great breakfast buffet.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

When my husband told me we were staying in the Biltmore Village area, I was disappointed but did not tell him. I'm so happy that I did not. It turned out to be the best choice for our Christmas vacation. Yes, we actually left family and friends and went to Ashville, NC from December 21-26. We spent Christmas with ourselves away from the family. (Great to rekindle the love nest.) Anyway, the hotel was just great. Due to the location, it forced us to learn how to get around Ashville. You can get just about anywhere from 40, 240, and 26.
All the things I complained about our Charleston Holiday Inn Express stay were the opposite in this Holiday Inn. This Holiday Inn is about 6 miles from the tourist hustle and bustle. It is located at the interstate. In a couple of days, we were here, there, and everywhere with ease. You would have thought we lived in Ashville. The west side has all the familiar sites of home, meaning restaurants and kind of ordinary sites along the road. That means you can eat like one might eat at home -- Cracker Barrell, McDonalds,, Wendy's, etc. and even shop at the ordinary places to include Lowe's. So, for that I am giving Holiday Inn Biltmore a big fat "A" for location. I know I'm getting long winded but please stay with me.
Our room was very clean, roomy and nicely furnished. After inspecting the sheets with my magnifying glass for you know what (bugs), I put it away and relaxed. I will say that Holiday Inn always has clean bathrooms. There was a small refrigerator and the normal amenities but no microwave. I forgave them about the microwavee because the restaurant was very nice.
We ate one dinner in the hotel and the staff was exceptional, the food was delicious, the atmosphere was pleasant. My husband ordered chicken wings as an appetizer and requested them to be cooked very well done. To our amazement, they were very well done and not burned. Just right for him. The portions were very satisfactory. I'm giving the restaurant and staff a thumbs up.
The ladies attending the check-in desk in the lobby were very nice and helpful. The younger one had the opportunity to prove herself to be very diplomatic, compassionate, and helpful while maintaining Holiday Inn policy. Good for her. They all deserve to keep their jobs. I like the fact that the Holiday Inn desk staff are trained to be very knowledgeable about the cities the hotel is located in. Always experts in helping the guests. I give those ladies a thumbs up.
The lobby is decorated very modern in fall colors that invite you to sit down and stay awhile. There are several spacious sitting areas and a public computer located behind a petition in the lobby. My husband appreciated that. A heated swimming pool is in the lobby area to the side. During the day, families utilized it. I did not mind hearing those little voices laughing and giggling as we walked through the lobby.
As it goes, last but not least is the cleaning staff. They were courteous and efficient and accommodating. They get a thumbs up also.
All in all, I would stay at this Holiday Inn Express again. It was a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: If you like to see outside, request a room on the outside wall. The other rooms have windows that fa...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

The second Holiday Inn I loved to stay other than the one in Tokyo, Japan. I compared it to the one in Tokyo because of the indoor pool. This hotel is unique. The indoor pool and spa is at the lobby. It hurts my eye from the chlorine as soon as I walked in but I got used to it right away.

Our 3rd floor room is small but it was compensated with a balcony facing the swimming pool so it's definitely very inviting to swim any time. Request this room when you stay. It may a little loud that you can hear people inside your room but the pool closes at 10pm anyway. It stays quite the whole night after the swimmers are gone.

We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for room with balcony facing the swimming pool.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West? Share your experiences!