When my husband told me we were staying in the Biltmore Village area, I was disappointed but did not tell him. I'm so happy that I did not. It turned out to be the best choice for our Christmas vacation. Yes, we actually left family and friends and went to Ashville, NC from December 21-26. We spent Christmas with ourselves away from the family. (Great to rekindle the love nest.) Anyway, the hotel was just great. Due to the location, it forced us to learn how to get around Ashville. You can get just about anywhere from 40, 240, and 26.
All the things I complained about our Charleston Holiday Inn Express stay were the opposite in this Holiday Inn. This Holiday Inn is about 6 miles from the tourist hustle and bustle. It is located at the interstate. In a couple of days, we were here, there, and everywhere with ease. You would have thought we lived in Ashville. The west side has all the familiar sites of home, meaning restaurants and kind of ordinary sites along the road. That means you can eat like one might eat at home -- Cracker Barrell, McDonalds,, Wendy's, etc. and even shop at the ordinary places to include Lowe's. So, for that I am giving Holiday Inn Biltmore a big fat "A" for location. I know I'm getting long winded but please stay with me.
Our room was very clean, roomy and nicely furnished. After inspecting the sheets with my magnifying glass for you know what (bugs), I put it away and relaxed. I will say that Holiday Inn always has clean bathrooms. There was a small refrigerator and the normal amenities but no microwave. I forgave them about the microwavee because the restaurant was very nice.
We ate one dinner in the hotel and the staff was exceptional, the food was delicious, the atmosphere was pleasant. My husband ordered chicken wings as an appetizer and requested them to be cooked very well done. To our amazement, they were very well done and not burned. Just right for him. The portions were very satisfactory. I'm giving the restaurant and staff a thumbs up.
The ladies attending the check-in desk in the lobby were very nice and helpful. The younger one had the opportunity to prove herself to be very diplomatic, compassionate, and helpful while maintaining Holiday Inn policy. Good for her. They all deserve to keep their jobs. I like the fact that the Holiday Inn desk staff are trained to be very knowledgeable about the cities the hotel is located in. Always experts in helping the guests. I give those ladies a thumbs up.
The lobby is decorated very modern in fall colors that invite you to sit down and stay awhile. There are several spacious sitting areas and a public computer located behind a petition in the lobby. My husband appreciated that. A heated swimming pool is in the lobby area to the side. During the day, families utilized it. I did not mind hearing those little voices laughing and giggling as we walked through the lobby.
As it goes, last but not least is the cleaning staff. They were courteous and efficient and accommodating. They get a thumbs up also.
All in all, I would stay at this Holiday Inn Express again. It was a wonderful experience.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West Hotel Asheville
- Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West Hotel
- Holiday Inn Asheville
- Asheville Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the Mountains at Our Asheville, NC Hotel Come stay at the new Holiday Inn Hotel Asheville - Biltmore West and rediscover yourself in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Our hotel in Asheville is a place of relaxation and rejuvenation near the popular downtown area and just 11 miles from the Asheville Regional Airport (AVL). While lodging in Asheville, hotel guests will find many attractions nearby, such as the lovely Biltmore Estate, NC Arboretum and the arts district of downtown Asheville. Our hotel is also located near the Blue Ridge Parkway and Chimney Rock State Park, so you can experience the majestic Blue Ridge Mountains and discover waterfalls, hiking trails and rustic stops beyond the city limits of Asheville. Lodging in our hotel also provides business travelers with an ideal location near Thermo Fisher Scientific, First Step Farms, Slosman Corporation and other businesses in Asheville. Our accommodations offer over 4,700 square feet of flexible meeting space and a convenient on-site business center. We go beyond ordinary Asheville hotels to offer premium services like guaranteed wake-up calls, a breakfast bar, a fitness center and free high-speed, wireless Internet access. You can take a dip in our heated, indoor/outdoor pool and unwind with dinner and drinks at 435 Grill. We invite you to discover exceptional comfort at the Holiday Inn Hotel Asheville - Biltmore West. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.