“Doubletree - Biltmore” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lincolnton, United States
“Doubletree - Biltmore”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed here for a weekend conference. Very nice hotel, clean and quiet (for the most part; a college team was also there). Room was very comfortable, everything worked as designed with a great TV! Food provided by hotel for our conference left much to be desired but food by normal hotel restaurant was fine. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Destin, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We couldn't have picked a better place to stay while visiting Biltmore as we were in the middle of everything, and we were so comfortable in this hotel. I would highly recommend upgrading to a balcony room, it was lovely to enjoy the fresh air. We travel a lot and we're rather picky, and we found this hotel to be very clean and well maintained…and the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. In fact, I can't think of one negative thing to write! We would absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: We enjoyed a balcony room.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I usually go with hilton brands, we attend a yearly convention at this hotel and it's always a pleasant experience. Apparently Tripadvisor doesn't like short comments... so yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda. Happy now TripAdvisor?

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Manning, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I travel a lot and stay in a lot of hotels from extremely fancy to roadside motels. Without question, this is my favorite place to stay. The reason is because the staff is so extremely good. They are uniformly polite and pleasant. From the housekeepers to the front desk, everyone seems intent on treating me special and making sure things are good. I just cannot say enough good and the only bad thing is that I cannot find more reasons to go to Asheville so I can stay here. I attend a yearly conference at the hotel and getting to stay here is why I look forward to that conference so much.

The breakfast is very good and a special word of thanks to Deb and Wendy, two of the servers in there. The staff is always very concerned that you are getting what you want for breakfast and when they overheard me mentioning that I wish they had grilled cheese sandwiches where they make the omelets, kept wanting to go get me one from kitchen. I had to keep telling them no but I truly appreciated their desire to be sure I was very pleased with my breakfast. The bacon is especially good.

This time I used the check-in app and picked a room on the first floor. I recommend against that because there is no ice or vending machine on the first floor. That was my fault for picking the room though so I cannot hold it against the hotel and I mention it only as a tip for future guests. Also, I got coupons for free coffee in the morning and since I do not drink coffee, they allowed me to use the coupons for soft drinks which was very good. They give new meaning to the phrase "don't hesitate to ask".

Some people have not rated this as 5 stars and I do not know why. I have stayed in extremely ritzy places and though the accommodations may have been a little better, the staff is usually rude and snobby. Here, the accommodations were what you expect from a Doubletree (and fine) but again, what I find no where else is the quality of staff so uniformly nice.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Bloomington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We liked the location, the easy parking and convenience of breakfast onsite. The king suite was very comfortable for the three of us ( Dad, Mom and Teen). The pool and spa area was spacious and clean.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We spent one night/two days here for a convention and would come back in a heartbeat!

PROs
- super-friendly staff
- easy to get to (on/off the interstate)
- modern, clean, up-to-date rooms and lobby
- nice decor

CONs
- none for this trip

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Hamilton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed at the Doubletree for a week while in town on business. The hotel was nice and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. Only minutes from Biltmore as well. An added plus was the warm cookie we received upon arrival. Just remember to visit Moe's barbeque while you are in town.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Been to Doubletree Hotel Biltmore / Asheville? Share your experiences!