“Great short stay, clean & updated!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Biltmore Estate Package
Ranked #8 of 57 Hotels in Asheville
NC
“Great short stay, clean & updated!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed for 2 nights on a family ski-trip & the hotel is clean, updated, and staff was great. I was plesantly surprised as a prior Diamond member my stays at Doubletree's were not always great....this was nicely updated & things were overall nicely clean.

My only recommendation, as with ALL hotels, is that management should really have cleaning include walls & doors in the bathrooms. You can usually see toothpaste (and no doubt spit, ug) on the wall next to the sink and tons of hairspray/perfume/whatever on the door in the bathroom.

This hotel is VERY close to the Biltmore entrance. Also, you can walk to a few restaurants (Texas Roadhouse, Ruth's Chris, other fast-food, etc.), tons of quaint shopping and even a great Starbucks nearby.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Boone, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The title says it all. This is by-far the best customer service of any hotel I've stayed at! The staff were very genuine, accommodating, and even saved me a bit of money on hotel expenses. It truly did blow me away how helpful they were. I wish I had gotten names, but the gentleman working the front desk in the afternoon/nighttime on 1/25 & 1/26 was great! The lady working with him on 1/26 was equally as nice, and very pleasant to talk with.

We had 2 different rooms on our 2 nights here (I had to book a second night unexpectedly after we had already checked out of our first room). The first room we had was a Premium King Room and located in the Tower. This is definitely my room of choice when coming back! Large bathroom with nice walk-in shower, very well appointed room with a closet, and one of my personal favorites, a large window that extends from the floor almost to the ceiling. It just gives a bright and large sense to the room. The room was large for 2 people, and felt very comfortable. The bed and pillows were amazing! Cleanliness was impeccable. I couldn't find anything wrong with this room! The premium rooms also have a mini fridge and microwave, which having a fridge is a must for me. The view was really nice too overlooking the courtyard.

The second room I had was in the main building and a regular King Room with a handicap-accessible bathroom. This room didn't seem quite as well appointed as the premium king room did. The bathroom wasn't quite as "elegant" either. But for the price, it was still great. Seemed to be the same size room, but with no frig/microwave, and the windows had the AC unit below them as most hotels do (so no windows from the floor upwards like the premium had).

The ONLY negative thing about this hotel was the seemingly lack of insulation between rooms. The front doors of both rooms I had didn't seal well on the bottom or side, allowing a lot of light to shine through (which of course allowed the hallway noise through as well). The tower premium room was fairly quite, but the second room we had in the main building was loud for a couple hours. We could hear the couple next door having a normal conversation. And it sounded like furniture being moved in the room above us. All in all, I wasn't bothered by this at all.

TGIFriday's located inside the hotel, which gave us a 10% discount for staying there. We also used the indoor hot tub which was the nicest/cleanest hot tub I've ever been in. Location cannot be beat and was easy to get in and out of. Biltmore entrance is right beside it, and the Asheville Mall was only a couple miles away. We also ate breakfast one of the two mornings we stayed. It was $12 a person which is why we only ate once, but very good! It was buffet style and everything was fresh and tasted great (even at 10:30 right before they closed at 11).

I will 100% be back here again when I'm in the area! This was my first time here and won't be my last. As long as the price is reasonable, I'd prefer the king premium room in the tower again. A huge thank you to the staff that were very helpful and made me truly feel welcomed here! (Pictures I added are of the premium king room in tower).

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the tower, if possible. It's on the backside of hotel.
Brevard, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My wife and I had a wonderful experience at the Doubletree in Asheville! From the check in through the check out, everyone was great! The room was comfortable and everything that we needed. The breakfast the next morning was perfect. An omelet that was cooked just the way we wanted it. Highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: We stayed in one on the renovated rooms that was quiet.
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This hotel and employees was totally awesome. Upon entering the hotel and arriving at the front desk I knew I was in for a great weekend. Dianne and Nate both greeted me with smiles and a warm welcome. Dianne was very pleasant each time she saw me, she was very knowledgeable about the events happening close and even in the downtown area. This hotel was close to Biltmore House which was very nice, I was given a complimentary ticket to Biltmore by Nate and that was such a surprise. This was my first trip to Biltmore House and already I have booked 4 mores stays at this location. I booked primarily because of Dianne and Nate the service I received was extra special. Traveling alone is hard enough but the staff (Dianne and Nate) made me very comfortable. Thanks Dianne you were the best front desk associate.

Room Tip: The first floor rooms had access to everything, the room was very large and cozy.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Excellent hotel for a visit to Asheville. Close proximity to Biltmore property and other activities. Very clean and attentive staff. The breakfast was awesome and enjoyed the Biltmore history displays throughout the hotel. There is a restaurant connected to the hotel and they also have room service. Overall a great option if you're not staying at the Biltmore Inn.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The hotel is located within walking distance of great shopping and wonderful restaurants. Steps away from the gates to the Biltmore Estate. The DoubleTree is a wonderful hotel. There is a hint of GreenTea in the air which was soothing.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

I had to find a hotel for my mother and her dog when my dad was rushed to the hospital. The Doubletree was close to Mission Hospital and I was glad to find out they offer a special rate to family members staying at the hospital. They were so kind to my mother and very sweet to her dog. They accommodated us with a late check out the day my dad was released- even when the time kept getting pushed back. The rooms are very nice and there is plenty of room to walk your dog. In a very stressful and hectic situation the staff were so wonderful in every aspect. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2015

Been to Doubletree Hotel Biltmore / Asheville? Share your experiences!