My partner and I stayed here one night after visiting the Biltmore. The hotel is about ten minutes from the Biltmore, located right off the interstate for easy access. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. For being a priority club member we received a token for a few dollars off the Big Owl Restaurant located in their hotel and two cards for a free breakfast buffet which I talk about later in the review. The room we stayed in was very nice and we had no issues with the wireless internet. We ate dinner at the Big Owl and it was very good, big portions, and reasonably priced. A few negative comments… I found two bugs in the room, the first bug was on the wall outside of the bathroom which I took a tissue to and killed it. The next morning I saw that same type of bug on the bathroom floor. This time I couldn’t kill it because I was too slow being that I just woke up. The fan in our bathroom ran constantly, the door to the bathroom had to be closed to help quiet the noise, since we only stayed one night it wasn’t worth complaining and moving all out stuff to another room. I heard an occasional train go by, it wasn’t that bad but if you are a light sleeper it may be an annoyance. We ate at the breakfast buffet at the Big Owl in the morning but noticed that people were just getting up and leaving. The breakfast was complimentary and I’m not sure why they gave us those free breakfast buffet cards other than a make you feel important for a little bit at check in. I noticed the cards stated “free breakfast buffet at the Lodge Restaurant.” I am not sure if this was the old restaurant name or someplace outside the hotel. If the cards were for the restaurant inside the hotel; shame on the hotel for acting like priority club members are getting something special. If “The Lodge” is someplace else outside the hotel; shame on the hotel for not telling us where that was. Other than the few flaws I pointed out, the hotel is very nice for the value.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Asheville Biltmore East Hotel
- Holiday Inn Asheville Biltmore East Hotel Asheville
- Holiday Inn Asheville
- Asheville Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award winning Holiday Inn Hotel Asheville- Biltmore East at the Blue Ridge Parkway provides the warmth and charm of a mountain lodge with the quality and service you've come to expect from Holiday Inns. The Holiday Inn Asheville - Biltmore East is only minutes away from national chain restaurants, movie theaters, the Blue Ridge Parkway entrance and only 7 minutes from the Biltmore Estate and Historic Downtown Asheville. Enjoy our spacious mountain view rooms that overlook our scenic, seasonal heated outdoor pool, special executive corporate rooms designed for the business traveler, or traveling with your pet, ask for one of our pet friendly rooms with only a $20.00 pet fee per night. Nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains and within minutes of the area's most popular attractions and destinations: Biltmore Estate, the Blue Ridge Parkway, Historic Downtown Asheville, Chimney Rock Park, Antique Malls, Black Mountain, Montreat, Warren Wilson College, VA Hospital, and across the street from Billy Graham's Training Center, 'The Cove'. Conveniently located on I-40 East or West at Exit 55. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Asheville Biltmore East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.