This was our first time staying at this hotel. We choose it for it's proximity to The Biltmore and downtown Asheville..and because of the free breakfast. We reserved a King Executive suite and it was a beautiful room. It was very large, had a couch, a chair, a bench, a computer desk, hd tv, two bathroom sink areas.. one outside the toilet/bath area. It had a fridge and microwave.
Our only complaint with the room was the free wifi. We were able to connect our laptop when we first arrived, but we could never connect any of our other items ( ipad, smartphones, tablet etc) and in the morning I couldn't connect the laptop. The service was down to 1 bar and it would time out before you could log in. We had called down to the desk and the person at the desk did not think anyone else had a problem, although he did say that he often has to restart the wifi and "then there are no problems"..which leads me to believe that there are sometimes problems. I do think that part of our problem may have been that we were on the fourth (top) floor. We may have been too far from the router..but to me, if you offer free wifi, it should be a strong connection in the ENTIRE hotel. Luckily, we have a mobile hotspot. If you don't.. you may not want to stay on the top floor.
That is our only complaint though. The front desk was very friendly and helpful when we checked in. The breakfast buffet was extensive and the scrambled eggs were actually good!
For the females.. the lighting in the secondary sink/mirror area was very good for putting on make up.
We would stay here again when visiting Asheville. You can just take Tunnel Rd right in to the downtown area.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Asheville Biltmore East Hotel Asheville
- Holiday Inn Asheville Biltmore East Hotel
- Holiday Inn Asheville
- Asheville Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award winning Holiday Inn Hotel Asheville- Biltmore East at the Blue Ridge Parkway provides the warmth and charm of a mountain lodge with the quality and service you've come to expect from Holiday Inns. The Holiday Inn Asheville - Biltmore East is only minutes away from national chain restaurants, movie theaters, the Blue Ridge Parkway entrance and only 7 minutes from the Biltmore Estate and Historic Downtown Asheville. Enjoy our spacious mountain view rooms that overlook our scenic, seasonal heated outdoor pool, special executive corporate rooms designed for the business traveler, or traveling with your pet, ask for one of our pet friendly rooms with only a $20.00 pet fee per night. Nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains and within minutes of the area's most popular attractions and destinations: Biltmore Estate, the Blue Ridge Parkway, Historic Downtown Asheville, Chimney Rock Park, Antique Malls, Black Mountain, Montreat, Warren Wilson College, VA Hospital, and across the street from Billy Graham's Training Center, 'The Cove'. Conveniently located on I-40 East or West at Exit 55. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Venere, Travelocity, Olotels, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire and HotelsClick so you can book your Holiday Inn Asheville Biltmore East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.