“Beware of some problem areas!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #17 of 57 Hotels in Asheville
Yorktown, Virginia
“Beware of some problem areas!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2007

Stayed at this property Nov 2 -4, 2007. Lobby area was very warm and inviting, staff very friendly. However, there are some problem areas. Beware that this is a pet-friendly hotel, this translates to LOTS of dogs! We could hear barking several times during the night, not consistent barking but enough to be an annoying. Another point that needs to be addressed is the VERY loud air conditioner. The air conditioner ran almost all night but it never got cold inside the room. The temperatures outside were in the 40's to 50's yet the air conditioner was always running. Cookies were provided in the lobby area but they were horrible! Elevators were incredibley slow and to top it all off this hotel does not offer a free breakfast! I would not recommend this hotel or stay here again.

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — They allow dogs in the rooms & no free breakfast offered
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2007

Very helpful staff - take good care of us.

Easy to get in and out of town, as well as to the sights in and around Asheville. There IS a noisy and quiet side of the hotel - one side faces several roads, including a major highway about a half a block away but since this is also the side that oversees the mountain view, we chose it so we could see the glorious fall foilage....it was worth it.But if you really want quiet, I'd suggest asking for a room facing the parking lot on the back of the hotel.

Comfortable clean rooms. We paid $119 through CheapTickets.

• Liked — Comfortable, clean, good value.
  • Disliked — No upscale restaurants nearby.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
nyc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2007

After a couple of disasters in other places, welcomed the clean spacious room. Bed was new and a bit hard and the air conditioner was VERY loud. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Loud air conditioner
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2007

We had a 4 night stay here in September. Probably easiest to summarise our stay in plusses and minuses and let individuals decide.

Pros
Clean rooms
Nice mountain view
Reasonable rate
Good pool area
Free pc/internet in lobby

Cons
Although 4th floor designated as non-pet floor there were numerous dogs on this floor- one of whom yapped constantly
Pet owners not always considerate with where they allowed their pets to mess - appears cleaning up doesn't apply if it is in the car park?
Elevator had very strong disinfectant smell possibly due to number of pets using it
Parking was an issue at weekend - many cars/bikes with trailers which needed 2 spaces- we had to wait for someone to leave to gain a space
Not the nicest are of Asheville - derelict hotel next door and a general feeling that it may not be the safest area around.

I guess if you are prepared to put up with the dog noise and dodging puddles (and worse!) in the car park then the hotel is fine. I love dogs, have owned several. but not sure I want a room next door to one which has a pet left in while the owners go out for the evening. I did mention the amount of pets on the non-pet floor to reception staff but was told "it's a busy weekend- surely you wouldn't expect us to turn them away". Well maybe I did.

My next stay in Asheville will be Homewood Suites, Tunnel Road- we visited there and will definitely opt for that hotel in future

Stayed September 2007
Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2007

Stayed at this hotel for a recent visit to the Biltmore and enjoyed it. The rooms were clean and the hotel is located close to everything you would like to see. The pillows were not as great as expected and the beds were a little hard, but the staff was helpful and offered free coffee and tea all day long. WOuld recommend for a weekend stay.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2007

Pleasantly surprised with our stay. Room was very clean, bed very comfortable, and surroundings very quiet. Even has a well maintained pool. One small ding - the air vent in the bathroom was broken, we alerted them to that fact when we checked out, and they began moving to fix it.. Overall, great stay!

Recommendation: when planning your trip, ask for a room on 2nd or 3rd story with south view - you'll get a great mountain view!

• Stayed August 2007
Raleigh NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2007

My extended family and I just stayed at this hotel this past weekend for a family reunion, and I was extremely happy with our choice. I was in charge of planning the reunion and discovered this hotel through tripadvisor.com. All of the good things that people say are true! The staff is sooooo friendly, the rooms are spacious, nicely decorated, clean, smell good, and the beds and pillows are really comfortable :) When I got there someone in my family told me there were refrigerators and microwaves in all the rooms, but when I got to my room there wasn't. I was a bit disappointed, but when the front desk called to ask if everything was okay in my room, I asked if they had any extra refrigerators, and she said she would have one sent up right away! It was great. The lobby is cozy and a great place to socialize, play chess, watch TV, or enjoy the free cookies they put out everyday. The pool is beautifully maintained and landscaped, not to mention they provide clean towels down at the pool and a cooler full of free bottled water... a great extra! We had an awesome weekend, and I would stay there again ANY day. I'm not going to say there weren't any flaws. There were a couple minor ones. For example, our room wasn't ready when it was time to check in, but I only had to wait about 30 min. for it, and it didn't matter to mebecause we were busy greeting our family in the lobby anyway. I did hear some dogs barking occasionally, but it never kept me awake. And I did occasionally smell smoke in the hallway from other rooms, but I think that's to be expected in most hotels. I wish hotels would go to smoking and smoke free floors instead of having a smoking room next to non-smoking room. Other than these minor flaws, I think this hotel is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would recommend it to anyone.

• Liked — spacious rooms, cleanliness, and friendly staff
  • Disliked — smoking rooms too close to non-smoking rooms
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Holiday Inn Asheville Biltmore East? Share your experiences!