“Run away far far away” 1 of 5 stars

190 Tunnel Rd., Asheville, NC 28805   |
Ranked #39 of 59 hotels in Asheville
“Run away far far away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel while in town and it was horrible. They staff is very rude and just overall terrible at their job. The room was so dark. I walked in and instantly wanted a flashlight. The shower has the worst water pressure so good luck trying to feel clean. Also the water temperature never stayed warm. The room itself was so dirty looking. The sheets were full of burns as well as a lamp shade someone tried to set on fire. The tv was old and let off a high pitched noise the whole time as well as fuzzy channels. The fridge was old and after 6 hours of sodas being in it they hit a little over room temperature. The walls are so thin you can here everything outside your room. To make things worse our door didn't have a separate lock even though there was a sign saying that the key lock may not always lock the door. This place was in horrible shape and just dirty. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2012
Will H, Manager at Econo Lodge Biltmore, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay at our Econo Lodge Asheville Biltmore. We are very sorry that you were displeased with the service provided to you during your stay. We strive to improve quality service and offer the best affordable accommodations in Asheville. We look forward to serving you in the future. If you are in the Asheville area, please contact me directly and I will assure you a great stay.

101 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Waverly, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We traveled into Asheville a day early and needed a place to stay for the night before we went to the B&B where we had reservations. After checking at two other hotels to find they were full, we logged onto expedia.com to get a room. This was the only place available in town and we wished that we had traveled to the next town! When we walked into the room, it looked okay on the surface. We pulled the sheets down and found hairs all over the sheets. Without any other options, we decided to sleep fully clothed on top of the covers. The bathroom wasn't clean and was in need of repairs. The sign said that it was recently renovated...I couldn't find any evidence of that! We got up and checked out as quickly as possible! Lesson learned...any time we decide to leave early and grab a room somewhere...make reservations ahead of time! If this Ewwwwwcono Lodge is your only option, consider sleeping in your car.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Will H, Manager at Econo Lodge Biltmore, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay at our Econo Lodge Asheville Biltmore. We are very sorry your stay was dissappointing. We have improved the quality of our guest rooms and amenities as well as we strive to improve quality service and offer the best affordable accommodations in Asheville. Hopefully we can regain your trust if you return to Asheville. Thank you for your feedback..
Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night and unlike some of the previous reviewers, I didn't experience any of the problems mentioned, in fact I was pleasently surprised by this hotel. I arrived around 6pm & the front desk lady was helpful & patient with me because I left my key in the room twice & she replaced it for me without any complaints.
The location of the hotel is on Tunnel road which is outside downtown asheville, but I was on a road trip on the Blue Ridge Parkway & it was around 5 miles away from its Asheville exit. There are a lot of dining options along tunnel road (from fast food to steakhouses) as well as a couple of big supermarkets.
I booked a king room & it was spotlessly clean with a comfortable bed, large LCD TV, desk & chair, microwave & fridge. The room had no funny smells & the heater worked very well. The bathroom was good in size; however, the shower was not perfect.
Finally there was a small breakfast consisting of cereal, cupcakes...etc which was nice but not much to right about.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
EconoLodgeBiltmore, Front Desk Receptionist at Econo Lodge Biltmore, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for your review of your stay at our Econo Lodge Asheville Biltmore! We really appreciate your comments, and we are very glad to hear that your stay was a pleasant one. We hope that if you are ever back in Asheville, that you will stay with us again. We look forward to serving you in the future.

- Ruth C.
Sevierville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I was stuck in town and looking to just camp out for a night and move on,back home. It"s clean as far as some of the camp's I've been in , as a Marine. I felt safer in the sand in my bunker. Park your car in front of your room. And sleep with one eye OPEN! I had TWO lady's of the evening knock on the door ask if I needed service!!!
I left and drove to the fisrt Hilton. I'll pay more for a place I won't have to deal with hooker's and worry about where my car is parked. And used my Marketplace credit's to pay for it.
If you have to stay there bring your Colt 45 cal. THANK GOD I DID!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Robbinsville, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

After a long day of being out in the city running errands, I finally had time to look for a hotel. It was late and I just wanted a clean, confortable place to spend the night without paying a fortune. Lucky for me I came upon the Econo Lodge on Tunnel Rd., since all other hotels were booked. The price was reasonable and I was glad to find that the room was very clean, confortable and well equipped. Overall, it was a nice place to stay at within easy access to downtown Asheville.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kingsport, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

we were traveling , exhausted , and needing rest. we stopped at a couple of other hotels they had no rooms available, and econo and one other motel on the other end of town was it.
it was a last resort. we paid the front desk through bars from the out side was my first guess it was not a safe location. it was a last resort stop. we felt uncomfortable in the parking lot , looked like a weekend rough crowd.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Wilmington, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Great Location. Other than that... nothing special. There were not enough outlets for the tv, fridge, and microwave to be plugged in at the same time. The outlet was difficult to get to which made it frustrating to constantly have to unplug an appliance to use another. The bathroom did not have a vent so the condensation from the shower soaked the wall and seemed to leak through to the other side into the bedroom. Every time we showered, the floor on the other side of the shower wall was wet. The gentleman who worked night audit was wonderful, the day staff.. not so great. Overall, the best thing going for this place is the location.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Econo Lodge Biltmore? Share your experiences!