“:) affordable and nice!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Asheville Downtown Tunnel Road

Save Saved
You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Asheville Downtown Tunnel Road to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Asheville Downtown Tunnel Road
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   199 Tunnel Road, Biltmore Estate, Asheville, NC 28805   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #16 of 59 hotels in Asheville
“:) affordable and nice!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my boyfriend for three nights. The hotel itself is very clean and the decor is very nice too. It's on tunnel road, walking distance to Waffle House for a late night dinner. The hotel also serves breakfast until 9:30am during the week. Great sausage, chicken biscuits, cereal, waffles, muffins.. More than your typical hotel breakfast. Our room was a nice king suite, our favorite part was the flat screen TV for late night movies. The walls are very sound proof as well--never heard any neighbors. Now, the only downfall of the hotel was that the whole time we stayed the pool was being worked on due to damage. I purposely booked the hotel because of the heated pool but there was nothing we could do about it.
Overall, very good place to stay and worth your money. Close to Biltmore, downtown, chimney rock park, lake lure, batcave, snow tubing. I would stay here again, every year!

• Stayed March 2013
cx_aatr, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Asheville Downtown Tunnel Road, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
We hope to see you in the near future!! Thank-you for staying with us.!!

546 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Jamestown, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I found the hotel to be very accommodating and friendly. The rooms were nice and affordable. I found the bed to be very comfortable which is very important when staying away from home--I slept very well. The breakfast was very pleasing as well--many choices.
I will definately stay here again!
DK

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. I had a positive experience with every aspect of the place. Super clean rooms with very comfortable beds. The rooms and bathroom were very spacious and the toiletries were of high quality. I had an iron (with board), a hair drier, a coffee maker and a fridge in the room as well, which all came in handy being that I was in Asheville on a spontaneous business trip. They offer an indoor pool and weight room as well. The complimentary breakfast in the morning offered a vast variety of food, and it tasted better than most other hotels I've stayed in. To top it all off, the staff was excellent! From check in to check out they always were friendly and accommodated all needs with a smile and in a very timely manner. I have found my hotel spot for any time I found myself coming to Asheville and I highly recommend this place to everyone!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
cx_aatr, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Asheville Downtown Tunnel Road, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Thank-you, for staying with us!!! We hope to see you soon.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This hotel is great for the value. We used hotwire and were very pleased at how affordable this Country Inn Was. Tom at the front desk was wonderful at check in. He gave us an awesome suggestion for lunch and told us which sites to see downtown. The room was comfortable and the beds provided a great nights sleep. The breakfast was okay, lots of choices, but nothing special. The location of this hotel is great. It's an easy drive to downtown, the mall area, and the Biltmore. I would highly suggest staying here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Spent two nights here in February of 2013. Excellent and helpful staff. Sparkling clean
suite. Free Wi-Fi. Good breakfast included. All around a super stay. I was unfamiliar with this
chain, but I'll certainly look for them on future trips.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We really enjoyed our recent stay at Country Inn and Suites. The location is close to the Biltmore and downtown Asheville is just through the tunnel. The rooms were clean and big! Also, all the rooms are non-smoking which we really appreciate! Breakfast was great; what we've come to expect from this hotel. The staff were friendly and courteous.

Overall, this is a great place to stay that is close to good restaurants, shopping and everything that Asheville has to offer!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
cx_aatr, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Asheville Downtown Tunnel Road, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thanks, for the great review. We hope to see you back in the near future.!!!
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

GREAT hotel choice. The staff at this location was super friendly, just as I had expected. The accommodations were comfy and cozy, and left little to be desired (especially on my lawschool budget). I don't think I could have been more pleased with the service I received, with the comfort of the bed, and the size of the room and bathroom. It was a great place to stay for a quick weekend getaway, and very convenient and close to downtown. It's actually on one of the main roads that lead right into downtown, so it only took about five minutes to get to downtown. It is also only about a 10 minute drive (or less) to get to the Biltmore (well, Biltmore Village- the Biltmore itself has a driveway that takes about 10 minutes). There's also a grocery store (Ingles) right down the road that may be convenient depending on your needs.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
cx_aatr, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Asheville Downtown Tunnel Road, responded to this review, February 14, 2013

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Asheville Downtown Tunnel Road? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Asheville Downtown Tunnel Road

Address: 199 Tunnel Road, Biltmore Estate, Asheville, NC 28805
#10 Family Hotel in Asheville
#19 Romantic Hotel in Asheville
#19 Business Hotel in Asheville
Hotel Class:3 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Asheville Downtown Tunnel Road 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Carlson, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Asheville Downtown Tunnel Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn And Suites Asheville i-240-Tunnel Rd
Country Inn & Suites Asheville i-240-Tunnel Rd Hotel Asheville
Country Inn Asheville
Asheville Country Inn

If you own or manage Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Asheville Downtown Tunnel Road, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.