You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Asheville Downtown Tunnel Road to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Asheville Downtown Tunnel Road
GreenLeadersBronze level
Brunswick, Georgia
“Good Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We booked this hotel at the last minute (I've stayed in Country Inn's before and like them). The price was decent and the staff was helpful and friendly. I know there are a lot of high ratings for their cleanliness and overall, it wasn't bad. But compared to the hotel we had come from the night before, it was mediocre. There was a strong, musty smell in the room, which didn't help our allergies. However, the breakfast was fabulous! They offered a variety of good choices and we never had to have lunch because we ate fruit, yogurt, eggs and other great stuff from the continental breakfast. The location of the hotel is in close proximity to downtown Asheville, Biltmore, the mall (behind it!) and right off the highway, so it's easy to get to places. Hendersonville, Weaverville - also close by. Not to mention the Blue Ridge Parkway for a must-do drive.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
cx_aatr, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Asheville Downtown Tunnel Road, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed your concerns with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Harrisburg, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was a last minute business trip for my husband so I decided to tag along with our 2 year old daughter for 2 nights. We usually stay at the Residences but they were over $250/night and I knew we would not be in our room too much between exploring and my husband doing business. We choose this hotel based on location to the Asheville Mall with wanting to take our daughter trick or treating since we were staying over Halloween. The hotel was great and the employees were so friendly. Breakfast was fresh with so many choices and great coffee. We did miss a coffee table in our suite so we moved the end table in front of the couch and the room was extremely warm so we had the air conditioning on in the winter but it made the temperature more comfortable. The real reason I wanted to praise this hotel is my husband somehow forgot his phone in the room and by the time he realized, we were too far to go back. He called the hotel and they said they would mail it to us and just charge the credit card on file. He ran to get another phone when we got home. Little did we know, his phone showed up the next afternoon. Now that's service! They must of got the phone to UPS that same day, we were so thankful!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This was a great location to stay at - close to the Biltmore - 5 minutes away and close to shops and eateries. We stayed here for a getaway for our pre-anniversary of 2 years and it was nice. The hotel staff was friendly, gave great directions to Biltmore and the breakfast included hot ingredients including making your own waffles and omlette's:-) Although tunnel road was very busy -we stayed on a Saturday night, my only suggestion for this hotel is to ensure they include on the sign off the highway where they are located as we did get a little lost coming for the Raleigh-Durham area. Other than that, we had a great time! (The room was clean, bed very comfortable,bathroom was very clean and nice and we even had a voicemail message from the General manager advising to call if the room wasn't up to our expectations, now that is customer service!)

Room Tip: When traveling in the fall/winter, adjust the temperature in your room to 70 degrees - it may seem l...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Cary, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights on a business trip / long weekend for the family. Great location. Asheville downtown is just a few minutes away, as is Biltmore. Ask for directions to Biltmore at the desk, they have a small slip of paper with a back way that is easy to follow and will cut several minutes off the trip.

Rooms are a bit smaller than other Country Inn & Suites hotels I've experienced in the past, but rooms are plenty big enough for 2 adults and 2 children.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front of the hotel (even numbers) for a view of the mountain and rising moon.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We came in off a day on the Blue Ridge Parkway. The location is convenient to the parkway. The service was very good from everyone with whom we came into contact. The room was large and we enjoyed the jacuzzi. It was also very clean and comfortable. I thought the breakfast was very good. We would definitely stay here again the next time we are in Asheville.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

So enjoyed my recent stay here! Great, friendly service from all staff - very helpful, and everyone I crossed paths with smiled, held elevators, etc.. The room was spacious, perfectly clean, and pleasant (I enjoyed the overstuffed chair). Bed was very comfortable. One of my favorite things: room was very quiet! I was on 5th (top) floor, on back side of property (I don't know if that helped or if all rooms are so sound-proofed that location doesn't matter). I was very happy to have found this hotel and would recommend it highly to visitors to Asheville!

Room Tip: I had asked for a quiet room if there was one. Reservation person said there really wasn't any...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We spent two nights here while wewere in Asheille to visit the Biltmore. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was spacious, clean an dcomfortable. The Jacuzzi was perfect for relaxing after a day of walking at the Biltmore. The breakfast had plenty to choose from, even for this picky eater.

I have no complaints at all but do have a comment about the frige. It didn't keep my pop cold. I mentioned it at check out. It wasn't a big deal to me but I didn't want the next guest to complain. The gentleman at the front desk explain that they are more of a cooling chest. Had I put a cold pop in, it would've stayed cold. However, the pop I put in was warm and stayed that way. Again, not a big deal to me but it could be to some. Again, we had a great stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Asheville Downtown Tunnel Road? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Asheville Downtown Tunnel Road

Address: 199 Tunnel Road, Biltmore Estate, Asheville, NC 28805
#4 Green Hotel in Asheville
#7 Family Hotel in Asheville
#14 Romantic Hotel in Asheville
#15 Business Hotel in Asheville
Hotel Class:3 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Asheville Downtown Tunnel Road 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Carlson, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Asheville Downtown Tunnel Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn & Suites Asheville i-240-Tunnel Rd Hotel Asheville
Country Inn And Suites Asheville i-240-Tunnel Rd
Country Inn Asheville
Asheville Country Inn

If you own or manage Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Asheville Downtown Tunnel Road, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.