“An Excellent "Choice"” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 58 Hotels in Asheville
Greenville, SC
“An Excellent "Choice"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

We frequently stay in hotels that are part of the Choice hotel group when travelling as a family since most are pet friendly. Some are good and some aren't. This hotel is probably the best Choice hotel that I have experienced. It is very clean, the staff is friendly and the appearance is that of a new establishment. The rooms have a very nice layout and the furnishings are newer and of good quality. Also, the rates are reasonable.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
CrystalCamacho, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Biltmore Square Mall, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please stay with us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Woodbury NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Kids friendly great price with priceline...It was perfect. Great breakfast quiet room. I am a single mom traveling alone is scary but I felt comfortable and safe at this property located minutes from the Biltmore and all local attractions.

Room Tip: Try the stone ridge restaurant across the street excellent
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is our goal to provide clean, comfortable accommodations at a good value. Thank you for your review!
Lenoir, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

The hotel was cleaner and more updated than I would have ever expected .....i was very surprised how nice it looked ,,,But when I had to wait 15 minutes to check in and was the only one in line I saw things more clearly.. The front desk person wanted me to hear about her working all night the previous day and cared nothing about welcoming me to the hotel. Awful Customer Service. Then I waited and took the only, slow elevator to the 2nd floor and found my room to be Very clean and nicely updated .....I was happy until it was dark and time for bed,,,, the blackout curtains had a gap at the bottom and a street light brightly shined in lighting the whole room, i had to stack clothes on A/C and got into bed,,,, this is the AWFUL part we had two double or full beds. It was like riding a see saw ,,,,my side bounced when my wife moved her side bounced when I moved little short tinny bed with the cheapest mattress on earth. This was the worst attempt at a nights sleep; me or my wife had ever experienced...People who like this place must have campers. Awful BEDS the pillows were great the beds AWful.....But the breakfast after a restless night was worst than the poor service or the crummy Beds....There was NO Comfort in this Suite.....

Room Tip: Bring a blow up mattress if you want a good nights rest
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
CrystalCamacho, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Biltmore Square Mall, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We will address the way you were not welcomed with our hotel staff. Our mattresses are Sealy mattresses and we apologize that yours was not comfortable. We appreciate your feedback and will share it with our staff.
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I have been staying here at this hotel for the last three or four years. I'm sure Asheville N.C. has a lot of nice hotels and I have stayed at some of them. Although, that is a true statement, I love to stay at the Comfort Suites on Hwy 191 or Barvard Rd.
Let me state this, my wife and I stay there for a get-a-way or for pleasure, and I have to go to Charlotte N.C to a preferred doctor each year. I live in the Knoxville Tennessee area and love traveling to Asheville and staying at the Comfort Suites. The staff is led by a great leader and she is the general manager. She Leeds her staff instead of managing them. Every person that I have been in contact with at this hotel has integrity, is very friendly, knowledgeable, and really cares about the guest.
All the staff that I have encountered, especially the lady that makes the breakfast, has ensured that my wife and I feel like we are at home.
I am in a wheel chair and the Handy Cap rooms are wonderful. Plenty of room to move around in and that means the bathroom also. All rooms are clean, the décor is wonderful, and you just have to try stay there to believe me.

The best thing I can say to all the staff is, well done and thanks for a being the people you are by taking care of your guest.

So my suggestion to anyone that wants to stay in Asheville N.C. it is a must to stay at this Hotel.

Room Tip: Just go there it's all great
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for such a wonderful review! Our staff will be happy to read your review. We appreciate your business & we look forward to welcoming you back!
Kinston, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Comfortable room. Bathroom on the smaller size, but clean and comfortable. Price very good, particularly considering how accessible and central location is; only a few minutes away from most of the places you would visit in Asheville. Rooms where clean. Staff was very courteous. Breakfast is good with pretty good variety. The one problem, just one elevator. Ended up taking the stairs several times because it would take a long time and then it would be full, which was OK because we stayed in the second floor. Overall, a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
CrystalCamacho, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Biltmore Square Mall, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Comfort Suites Asheville! We appreciate your feedback and are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your patience with our one elevator. We hope to see you again soon!
SPRING HILL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I picked this hotel because of price and easy access to Rte. 26, as our next stop was western, SC. The location turned out perfect for us, as we were able to access the city easily, yet were in the southern outskirts closer to the Biltmore. The mall that is referenced is currently in demolition. This was not mentioned in anything I read about the hotel, but it did not really matter to us. There was no noise. The new mall will open in summer of 2015. There are 3 close by restaurants. The first is a seafood restaurant which was good for lunch..large portions. The second was an Italian/Greek restaurant, which was good. The other was a log cabin eclectic menued place which we did not go to. The hotel is very nice. The room we had was a suite, which gave the two of us plenty of room. The bed was very comfortable and breakfast was quite good. The only thing to note is that the breakfast area was very small..too small for the size of the hotel. People were dining in the lobby area. The hotel only had one elevator, which was not enough for the size of the hotel. The nightly cost made the two day stay affordable, and we were only a few minutes away from downtown.

Room Tip: Close to the Biltmore as well as the River Arts district of Asheville. Easy highway access to Ashev...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
CrystalCamacho, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Biltmore Square Mall, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location. We appreciate your patience with our small breakfast room & having only one elevator. Thank you for your review!
Stuart, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Stayed 4 nights and were quite pleased. Rooms are good size and beds are quite comfy. The breakfast is actually quite good for being included with the room (eggs, sausage/bacon/or potato, waffles, fruit, etc). Everything was kept quite clean. A couple of decent restaurants within a block or less. The drive to downtown Asheville is an easy 10 minutes. My only complaint would be the one elevator. We were on the 4th floor and I often used the stairs instead of waiting forever for the elevator. We would stay here again if in the Asheville area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
CrystalCamacho, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Biltmore Square Mall, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We are pleased that you enjoyed our convenient location and that you found the hotel to be clean and the breakfast to be good.

Been to Comfort Suites Biltmore Square Mall? Share your experiences!