While camping up the mountain at Lake Powhatan, our tent that had successfully weathered 20+ camping trips finally decided it was done. Unfortunately, it decided that it was done at 11p on a very stormy night. Fortunately for us, the Comfort Suites was at the bottom of the mountain, and they didn't even flinch at our bedraggled, exhausted selves dragging ourselves in with random bags & backpacks (who takes suitcases camping??). The sympathetic front desk clerk offered us late checkout upon our request so we would have time to dismantle our campsite in the light of day, then be able to get cleaned up before starting the long trip home. I wish I could remember her name -- she has an accent, perhaps Eastern European, and was quite sweet.
As others have mentioned, the pillows -- what is UP with those?? I've stayed in many, many hotels and never quite seen pillows like that! The property was very clean, and we appreciated the quick breakfast we grabbed the next morning.
All in all, it was what we needed, when we needed it, and for a good price on top of that. Very convenient location just off the interstate. I think this may have been the first time I've ever stayed in a Comfort hotel, and I wouldn't hesitate to stay in one again based on this experience.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Biltmore Square Mall Hotel
- Comfort Suites Biltmore Square Mall Hotel Asheville
- Comfort Suites Asheville
- Asheville Comfort Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Suites hotel near Biltmore. Discount Biltmore tickets sold! Free full hot breakfast and newly remodeled! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Orbitz, Otel, getaroom.com and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Suites Biltmore Square Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.