“Great Ramada to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 58 Hotels in Asheville
US
“Great Ramada to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2007

The place was exactly what we were looking for: clean, quiet, spacious. The room showed its age, but nothing to loose a sleep about, the staff was courteous, the breakfast was exceptional. They rotate items to make it interesting, not the same stuff day in, day out. The first day we had a choice of eggs, sausage patties, biscuits and gravy, french toast and the standard bagels, cereal, yogurt, fruit, etc. The next day we had the same things(except the french toast and sausage patties), but also breakfast links and waffles. Very nice.

The place is convenient to downtown, shopping, dinning, not far from Biltmore or BRP as well.

I give it 4 stars only because 5 is reserved for the really special places. But when in the Asheville area, I will gladly stay here again.

• Stayed May 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
New Orleans
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2007

We stayed here as part of a Biltmore Estate Package. About a 5 minute drive to the Biltmore so good location. It's an economy hotel, so it's a simple place with nothing fancy. The "full" breakfast is only a slight step above a continental breakfast. The room was clean, the sheets were clean, and the staff was friendly. If you're visiting Asheville on a budget than I'd recommend staying here.

• Stayed March 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2006

When we first arrived, our room was not ready. Check-in time was 4pm, and we arrived at 5pm. We had to wait in the lobby for 45 minutes before we could check in to our room.

Upon entering, the room looked nice. However, the toilet would not flush. We called the front desk and they said they would get someone there immediately to look at it. Four hours later, we called again, and they apologized, and said they would send someone right then. They never showed up. We ended up having to go across the street to the McDonald's to go to the bathroom.

We found 6 dead cockroaches in the room. Luckily no live ones.

Sometime over the night the power to part of the hotel went out. We called the front desk, and the person that answered (we later found out it was the hotel manager) told us "we're working on it" and then hung up on us. I called back, and asked if we could use another, unoccupied room to take a shower and get ready, and he told me no, and hung up on me again. I called back and asked if we could stay a little later in the hopes that the power would be restored and we could get ready in our room, and he told me "if you stay past checkout I'm charging you for another night".

When we checked out, we asked the manager about this, and he said "I don't have time to deal with your problems. If you have a problem call the corporate office". I called them this morning asking for a refund and they refused.

Needless to say, this is the last time I'll stay at a Ramada.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — Too much to list here - see full review
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay far, far away from this one!
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2006

We stayed for two nights in a 2 room suite and were very pleased. This hotel is one of the few in Asheville who accepts dogs and also has a swimming pool. Our room had a little enclosed patio overlooking a large lawn and swing set. My kids were so enthralled with catching fireflies we never even made it to the pool. The dog could run around with them on the lawn and everyone got some well needed excercise after a long drive. Another guest told us they also have a dog run where dogs can be let off the leash. A few drawbacks, but nothing major: 1) front desk seemed understaffed 2) Wireless internet appears to have a finite number of IP addresses so we "had to wait our turn" so to speak 3) rooms need a little updating. Overall the room was clean and we were pleasantly surprised our suite had a kitchenette and jaccuzi tub which could probably fit 4 people. The kids loved that! We would stay here again.

• Liked — Amenities for kids and pets!
  • Disliked — Slightly outdated (ie: 80's decor), slow check-in and check-out
  • Tips/Secrets — The 2 room king suite is worth the extra $20-$30.
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hinsdale, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2006

We stayed here for a Creative Retirement seminar at UNCA. The rate was fab. We had our two small dogs with us and they had a nice young lady at desk arrange for a doggie sitter for a couple of nights. The boys loved her. There is a nice pet run! Room was immaculate. Breakfast pretty good for price! Staff were very helpful and made us all feel welcome.. Close to freeway entrance but set back on a hill and tucked away. It was very quiet! Close to fast food places and Super Walmart. Good coffee shop very close for your morning brew. And of course close to Asheville! This place is a find!

Stayed May 2006
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2006

Location: Easy to find and close to KFC, Mcdonalds, walmart and local restaurants ,
no traffic, 10 mins to the Biltmore eastate

Staff: Very friendly and resourceful, pleasant (was able to check in at 9am)

Breakfast: eggs, waffles, meats, fresh fruit, juices, breads also flat scrren tv

Business: Computer station

Hotel: A lot of parking spaces, very safe, needs key to get onto each floor

Room: Clean, refridge, iron and board, coffe maker, hair dryer, clean sheets
everyday , large rooms, beds comfy, only prob was two tiny bugs but it was
summer and very hot. Had pool view, check out pics.

• Stayed June 2006
Fresno, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2005

I was very disappointed in my stay at Comfort Inn River Ridge. My mother, daughter and I stayed there for two days during the height of tourist season. We paid $89 dollars a night for the room.

First the positive: The property was conveniently located near Asheville attractions, seemed safe, was surrounded by more grass than the average motel, and had a pretty good breakfast.

What I didn’t like: The back stairs we had to climb to get to our second floor room was extremely dirty, the trash can on the landing was stinky, and the orange mesh barring entry to a stairway going down looked like it came from a construction site. The expansive grass was trashy, the pool was dirty, and the hot tub was even dirtier. The non-smoking room was clean and basic, if somewhat threadbare and musty smelling, and the hallway leading to it was dirty. Also, the tiny dining room available for the continental breakfast was way too small for the number of guests, forcing some people to eat in the lobby, and outside.

I also found the hotel staff was unhelpful and somewhat rude. They seemed to consider questions an imposition. They were also unable to fulfill my request for a ground floor room to accommodate my mother, who has difficulty walking. I did not make arrangements in advance and the hotel appeared to be booked to capacity. I didn’t mind that nothing was available when I registered, but we were originally planning to stay five days, and there was no offer or attempt to try to accommodate us at a later time during our stay.

I have traveled both on a shoestring and in luxurious style, however based on the reviews I read of the Comfort Inn at River Ridge, I definitely expected more. I won't be back.

• Stayed July 2005

Been to Ramada Asheville Southeast? Share your experiences!