“Pretty good...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Noodle Shop

The Noodle Shop
3 W Pack Square, Asheville, NC (Downtown Asheville)
Improve this listing
Ranked #122 of 637 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Flagstaff
“Pretty good...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I liked the Noodle Shop but the service was mediocre (most service in Asheville, frankly). Either way, I had a great lunch, felt super full, and would happily go again. That being said, never in my life would I pay $12 for Pad Thai or other basic noodle dishes. Go and get the cheap stuff, is probably the most authentic. As for the pricer items on the menu (anything over $9), go to the grocery store and do it yourself for like $4.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Great Service, and Attention to Quality Ingredients”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Although the space is small, this noodle shop does an amazing job at giving each quest bang-for-their-buck packing a huge punch in your taste-buds.

Our small group of 3 ate dinner at The Noodle Shop on July 4th weekend. From start to finish the place was great. The hostess greeted us and we were sat in just a few minutes. Our hostess also offered us drinks and made sure we were conformable with our table.

For appetizers we ordered the Kimchi and spring rolls. Both excellent.

For dinner I ordered the crispy chicken - nice and zesty, the meat was fresh and the rice was sticky! Great flavor. My other companions ordered the curry, and pad Thai. When I asked if the owners of the restaurant were Thai - I was told no, but they loved offering different Asian dishes from all over. That's how the Pad Thai and kimchi found it's way on to a purely Chinese owned restaurant menu.

Again - The service was great. The food tasty, and you can't beat the location.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Concord, New Hampshire
“Excellent Street Corner Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My wife and I didn't really have any expectations when we stopped here for lunch before leaving Asheville, but we were definitely blown away once we got our entrees. The chicken curry was definitely full of flavor and judging by my wife's empty plate the fried rice was delicious as well. Not to mention, the outdoor seating at the corner of the Vance Memorial gives a great view of this historic part of the city. A great place to grab some Asian cuisine if you're ever in the mood!

Visited May 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
“Not too good.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Food was nothing special. Sevice was not very good either. We were not made to feel welcomed and had to ask for anything we needed.

Visited February 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
“Most authentic asian noodles in Asheville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you're looking for the real thing and you want a great noodle bowl, don't miss The Noodle Shop on Pack Square in downtown Asheville. We spent a few years in Asia and I can tell you that this is the real deal. Our favorite is the Korean Hot Pot (of course, we like spicy) and it's enough for two. Order it with some large rice noodles..yum..

• Visited April 2013