“Good food, Excellent Service and good price.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Noodle Shop

The Noodle Shop
3 W Pack Square, Asheville, NC (Downtown Asheville)
Improve this listing
Ranked #131 of 578 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Noodle, Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Almonte, Canada
“Good food, Excellent Service and good price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

This is a small restaurant in the middle of it all downtown. The room is very small and it was a cold day so no one was using the outside patio. The service is very friendly and attentive. We started with the fried tofu appetizer. It was brought quickly and was very tasty with a sweet sauce. I ordered a spicy chicken with peanuts and noodles. My wife had the spring soup with rice noodles. Mine was tasty, but could have used more spice. I asked for some chili sauce which helped. My wife's was tasty but a little bland. She added some of the tofu appetizer and some my chicken and that helped. The food here is good but not great. It is a good choice for a fresh lunch at a reasonable price. Next time I would try one of the other Asia restaurants down the street.

Burlington, North Carolina
“Wonderful noodles, I won't pass by without stopping next time I am in Asheville!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Last November a friend and I had some idle time while driving home on I-40 and I stopped in Asheville to explore downtown and get a break from driving. We wandered around and eventually stopped here to eat, and I am glad we did. I enjoy spicy food, and this place did not disappoint! It was a relaxing atmosphere and the noodle soup I took home with me was still tasty when heated up the following day. My only critique is the restroom could use a little attention.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“All kinda noodles”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Being from the San Francisco Bay Area, my daughter and I know from noodles. This place right across the street from the Asheville Art Museum, is very good! They have many dishes with rice noodles, so gluten-free will be happy. Pad Thai has right balance of sweet and spicy, Mongolian beef hearty & mildly spicy. All genuine flavors, no MSG. So happy we tried it! Be careful though! It's one of a little cluster of restaurants & a really poor Chinese restaurant is a couple doors away--choose The Noodle Shop, closer to the corner, next to a Bistro.

Visited January 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Dan Dan Noodle is Very, Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

In Asheville for only one night, I wandered the downtown streets in search of place to eat. Asheville's got many that I'm sure are pretty good, but when I spied Noodle Shop, I knew this was my dinner spot.

Why?

There's a dearth of good (or any) noodle shops in Milwaukee, my home. On a chilly December night especially, a bowl of spicy Szechuan noodles just can't be beat.

When the waiter asked what I was in the mood for, noodle bowl or stir fry, I replied, "Noodles. Soup. Spicy." He readily pointed out the Dan Dan Noodle (Szechuan Style) and warned me that the dish is vegetarian, but I could add chicken if I wanted.

And want chicken I did.

The soup, paired with a Gaelic Ale by Highland Brewing Company (a new beer for me) was great. I'd order the same meal one hundred times over if I lived near the noodle shop.

Which begs the question, "Why doesn't my hometown (Milwaukee) have more Asian noodle shops?"

Someone get on that, but in the meantime, if you're in Asheville, grab a spicy bowl at The Noodle Shop!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toms River, New Jersey, United States
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Passed by many times walking without going in. What a mistake! Once we tried dinner we went back many more times for lunch and dinners.

Visited May 2012