“Trip back in Time” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 40 Asheville B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Trip back in Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My wife and I just took a weekend getaway in Asheville and booked the Reynolds for our stay. We typically stay in BnB's when we can, so we were looking forward to investigating all the rave reviews at Reynolds.

As soon as you walk in, the restoration and feel of the inn is an experience in itself. You feel like you've just walked into the home of a 19th century mansion. The study and parlor are awesome and the dining room is one you'll never forget, not only for the food, but the attention to detail.

Definitely stay here if you can. I'd write a longer review if I had the time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

This was our first stay as a couple, although I had previously visited with a friend. We loved it!!! Guest room Linda was perfect for us, and the mansion was immaculate as always. Billy's breakfasts are unbelievable - we have stayed in other B and B's, but they cannot compare! Billy's unfailing attention to detail, both for comfort but also about the history of the house, is unparalleled. You absolutely cannot go wrong by staying here. There's a reason this is the top rated inn in Asheville! We will be back for sure!!! Thank you Billy and Mike!!

• Stayed November 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

No matter what you're looking for in a B&B, you'll find it here. History, check -- there are books written about this house, and Billy and Mike are more than happy to tell you about it. Amazing food, check -- the breakfasts are amazing, I didn't eat lunch the entire time we stayed there, after gorging on decadent breakfasts. Cheerful hosts, check -- Billy and Mike are happy to chat, tell you about nature, art, food, history, the property, and anything else you might want to know about. But they're also able to give you space and privacy when you want it, not forcing their presence on you in any way. My wife and I look forward to returning again soon!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Reynolds Mansion this weekend, and I will definitely be back. It's by FAR the best B&B I've stayed in. The history of the house was so interesting! When you walk in it's as if you are transported back in time. But the experience doesn't stop there.....the bed was so comfortable, warm, & comfy with plenty of lux (big deal for me)...without sacrificing modern amenities. Breakfast each morning was also nothing less than spectacular while served on formal china, set & served like only a fine dining experience can deliver.
I will definitely be returning....hopefully soon.....Billy and Mike are fantastic!

Room Tip: If you choose the Maggie room, I hear there are ghost stories that come along with it!
Burke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Asheville's primary attractions, such as the Biltmore Estate and the Grove Park Inn, draw huge crowds due to their grandeur, their rich history, and their hospitality. Billy and Michael have achieved similar results (albeit on a smaller scale) with the Reynolds Mansion. They have put this house back in the form it was in its heyday, and have not only respected its history, but made it accessible to any visitor. Their commitment to getting it right (which included such things as having an artist spend four weeks laying on his side on a scaffold to duplicate a faux wood finish below the dining room crown molding) is incredible to experience.

There are B&B's whose structures are more exotic, whose rooms are bigger, and whose furnishings are more expensive. But I haven't stayed in one whose owners and staff were as genuine and accommodating, and their breakfasts were as good as I've had on any of the four continents I've visited.

If you go to Asheville and you really want to get a feel of life back in the day, stay at the Reynolds Mansion. And be sure to have Billy tell you some of its history over breakfast, and have him show you the pictures of what the house was like prior to its restoration. Then, you will really know what it's like to have a big dream, and what it takes to realize it. You will leave not only refreshed from your stay, but inspired.

I realize this sort of praise sounds overheated. But, I was in the military for 23 years, and I've been to lots of places, ranging from grandiose to miserable and dangerous. The Reynolds Mansion, in my book, is the real thing - an indisputably good place.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Linda room, very Victorian, fabulous bed and furnishings ...
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

To say I was impressed with both the wonderful hospitality and beautiful home would be an understatement! Reynolds Mansion is amazing! Asheville is one of my favorite places, and now I have a home away from home. Billy and Mike are so welcoming, and the entire house is so inviting. I was visiting with a friend, so we enjoyed having a room with 2 beds. I have stayed several places in Asheville, but this is the place to which I will always return. Several other guests were there for the first time, also, and they said the same thing! We enjoyed learning about the history of the house, too! Billy had great recommendations for things to do and restaurants in the area. The only complaint we had was that we couldn't stay longer! You will love your visit!
Leanne

Room Tip: We took a tour and saw all the rooms. They were all beautiful! Any room would be a great choice!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

These innkeepers are superb - they are hospitable, interesting, generous, attentive, helpful, and genuinely friendly. The house is authentically furnished and background music of the 1930's adds to the atmosphere. No detail is ignored in the accommodations and the bed met the Goldilocks standard. The breakfasts are truly unique and memorable - such as roasted vegetable crepe or apple stuffed French bread that was wonderful! We agree with all the rave reviews of this lovely Inn and its charming innkeepers.

Room Tip: We liked our room on the 1st floor with easy access to the pantry and the porch, but we didn't h...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Reynolds Mansion? Share your experiences!