“I will make up a reason to go back!” 5 of 5 stars

North Lodge on Oakland
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   84 Oakland Rd., Asheville, NC 28801   |
Ranked #19 of 40 Asheville B&B and Inns
Tulsa, OK
“I will make up a reason to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

We had a fabulous time! The owners were great, very helpful, and super friendly. Very close to downtown. The three course breakfast was fantastic. My favorite was chatting it up with the owners and other guests. Definitely stay here; I know I will again, and again!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2010

The service was impeccable. The staff really went out of their way to make us comfortable. Our room was spacious and very clean. The Breakfast in the mornings was very good. My daughters and I liked the coffee, tea, sodas and popcorn that was available any time of the day. The video library was also well stocked.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

The breakfast was excellent and the staff was friendly. The rooms were clean and private. There is a huge DVD collection. The Inn is just a short drive from downtown Asheville and the Biltmore Village. We plan on returning soon.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
mass
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2010

A friend recommended this place and we were NOT disappointed. The inn is beautiful and very convenient to the Biltmore and down town. The room was large and comfortable. Everything looked clean and fresh, the bath room was smart and up to date and the linens were luxurious. The breakfast was one of the best we have ever had. The host was very helpful with our plans for visiting Asheville. We will be staying here again next time we are in Asheville.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
lexington, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

The North Lodge was a wonderful place to spend a relaxing weekend away in one of the most beautiful places in the world.
The staff was professional and kind. I loved the attention to every last detail.
The breakfasts were expertly prepared and so delicious!
We will definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Concord, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

I just returned from an overnight trip to Asheville with my husband & in-laws. When I was planning my trip, I was looking for comfortable accommodations with a good location for a reasonable price. The North Lodge on Oakland surpassed all of my expectations. It was about 5 min from both the Biltmore & downtown. It was so cozy, especially with all of the Christmas decorations. Our room had a 4 poster bed & a fireplace. And, despite the close proximity of the other rooms, I didn't hear anything from the other guests (which is a big deal for me because I’m such a light sleeper).

The hosts, Greg & Gregg were amazing. Very welcoming & attentive. There was always coffee, tea, hot chocolate & snacks available. In addition, the fridge was stocked with soda. If you are staying in for the evening, rooms have dvd players & there is a dvd library available for guests. Breakfast was DELICIOUS! I’m going to have to go on the website & get Gregg’s egg fluff recipe. YUM!

So, to sum up, it was a wonderful trip to Asheville that was enhanced by our stay at North Lodge. A lot of times your accommodations are just a place to sleep, not so at the North Lodge on Oakland. It is a place to relax, chat with some people and enjoy your surroundings. I read an earlier review that said you could tell that Greg & Gregg took pride in the North Lodge. I think that is absolutely true. You can feel it from the moment you step inside.

I definitely want to go back in the spring so I can sit outside with a book!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Nashville TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2009

We stayed at North Lodge the week of Christmas and enjoyed a rare and beautiful heavy snow. Our party of six rented three of the bedrooms and two others were also occupied. The breakfast was excellent, hosts very accommodating/friendly, and it's a great location if you are in town visiting the Biltmore (about five minutes from the gates to the estate and the adjoining Biltmore village). The house is in a great neighborhood and even with five of the six rooms in the house occupied, we found our rooms to be perfectly silent at night for sleeping. Believe all the reviews on this website, this is a great place to stay!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Been to North Lodge on Oakland? Share your experiences!