“Unforgettable Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Unforgettable Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I had my small wedding ceremony in the back garden At Cumberland Falls Bed and Breakfast and will never forget what a wonderful experience it was. My family rented the entire inn so the owners had a full house. They handled it beautifully with excellent service from every staff member. The house and grounds are of course beautiful - but what stood out the most was how welcoming everybody was. Breakfast was always delicious and the rooms and grounds always clean and inviting - the entire staff truly goes above and beyond. If you are looking for a place to call home while visiting Asheville you have certainly found it in here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

An absolutely lovely home. Located in a quaint neighborhood an easy stroll to downtown Asheville, Cumberland Falls B & B is a beautifully appointed, meticulously maintained inn situated on charmingly landscaped grounds. The hosts, Patti & Gary, are hospitable to a fault. The breakfast, tea and other snacks are delicious and plentiful. The common areas are very comfortable and relaxing. All in all, Cumberland Falls has the feel and comforts of home, but the solace and solitude of a resort. The perfect setting for our spontaneous anniversary getaway weekend. We look forward to our next visit!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Greenville, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We visited At Cumberland Falls Bed & Breakfast for a weekend getaway to celebrate our first anniversary. It took only my mentioning that on the phone with Patti for her to email me restaurant suggestions and places we could rent bikes (something I mentioned we wanted to do) and for us to find a lovely card wishing us well upon our arrival. Innkeepers Patti and Gary were truly a delight, gracious when we needed anything and even when we spilled hot tea on a lovely tablecloth. The home is comfortable, well appointed and immaculately clean. And being just off the main drag in the Montford area, it was convenient to downtown but without the traffic that courses along Montford Avenue. We would certainly recommend this inn to anyone visiting Asheville.

Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

From the moment I hung up the phone with Gary I knew my vacation was in good hands. The Cumberland Falls Bed and Breakfast Inn is one of the most delightful homes in which I've stayed. Gary and Patti's home is absolutely lovely with it's beautiful decor and amazing woodwork in the living room. You've got see it! Honestly, they've left no stone unturned...I resided in the Sunshine Room which I found to be light and cozy. Turkish cotton towels, a hot jacuzzi bath tub, and a carafe with filtered drinking water-why they have even have make up removal pads in the bathroom. (Now, that's anticipating my every need!)

The breakfasts were unbelievably delicious! I am trying to decide which was my favorite: the German egg with julienne potatoes or the toasted almond slivered french toast with country sausage patties. Yummy! Indeed, as all other reviews have stated, the breakfasts are very filling and the presentation makes it even more special. Can't say I've had breakfast with candlelight before;) I think I'll have to go on back to Cumberland Falls for southern hospitality at its finest!

So, if you're looking for a B&B where the proprietors are gracious and most solicitious of you, where the breakfasts can only be described as scrumptious elegance, and the accomodations are clean, comforting, and beautiful...Emphatically and unequivocally, I recommend you give Gary and Patti a call. You'll be so glad you did!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Cumberland Falls for 3 nights. I had wanted the Garden room with the wonderful view of the back gardens, but as it was unavailable for the full 3 nights, we decided to start in the Mystic room and our hosts moved us the following day. Honestly, the Mystic room was so comfortable, we could have stayed there the whole time, but it was fun to try out the Garden Room as well! Both rooms are tasteful and comfortably appointed, with every need addressed. Breakfasts were a feast of 3 courses--be prepared to skip lunch! Gary and Patti are charming and professional hosts, extremely helpful in guiding our sight seeing and dinner plans. One of the great pleasures was meeting the interesting people who were also guests, and sharing our discoveries of the Asheville area. Loved the location, too.

Room Tip: The desk in the Garden room is handy. The bathroom in the Mystic room is over-the-top luxurious!
Summerville, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed here for our 1 year anniversary. We had originally planned on staying in a hotel, but decided on a B&B because we wanted a different Asheville experience. We stayed in the Natural Mystic room which has beautiful white and cream linens, jacuzzi tub for two, and a cute little fireplace on the second floor of the three story house. The surrounding property if beautifully landscaped with several great photo-op spots and is pretty centrally located to anything one wishes to do in Asheville. Breakfast was amazing, three courses leaving us full until mid-afternoon.I will highly recommend this B&B to anyone. Thanks Gary and Patti!

Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at Patti & Gary's bnb. They made us feel truely welcomed.

The common areas of the home were very comfortable - including the parlor, porch, and gardens - calling you to sit and relax.

We stayed in the DayDream Room at the top of the house, which shares a floor with 1 other room that sits in the attic. It has windows of all sizes and at all heights including 3 or 4 skylights - it was very bright and cheery to wake up in - just watch your head with the angled walls. The whirpool tub with handheld shower is in the room - no seperate shower in the bathroom- this room IS for a couple. We stayed for 3 nights - and my husband had to work from the room one of those days - this was a GREAT room for our needs. The room has a microwave, sink, minifridge, and coffee maker which was ideal during which time my husband had to work, as was the cute sitting area in one of the gables - where he was able to set up his laptop and use the wifi.

Breakfast has 1 seating - at 9 which consisted of muffins, fruit course, and a hot entree (mushroom egg benadict, egg bake with scallopped potatoes, and waffles) across the length of our stay - did not eat much for the rest of the day after that! They took my husband up his breakfast so he wouldn't miss out.

We'd previously decided that we didn't care much for bnbs where the owners did not live onsite, but this is the exception to the rule although they do not live onsite they are the ones serving the yummy breakfast they make when you come downstairs in the morning and they send you in the right direction for your day, and I'd say they're around the bnb through the afternoon until most have checked in - we made a last minute reservation just before we arrived at 7, and Gary came by to greet us and show us around - no envelope left with instructions at the door here!

As for location, this is in a beautiful neighborhood that is about 6 blocks from the visitor's center and a bit further to downtown. I don't beleive there are any BnBs downtown but there are a few in this neighborhood. We walked to a neighborhood restaurant Gary recommended around the corner the first night, and to the visitor's center, but we drove downtown when we weren't getting on/off the trolley which stops running before 5.

When in Asheville next, there's no question where we'll be staying!

Room Tip: I can't imagine a room I wouldn't want to stay in - well off street in a residential neighbo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to At Cumberland Falls Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!