We had a wonderful stay at Patti & Gary's bnb. They made us feel truely welcomed.
The common areas of the home were very comfortable - including the parlor, porch, and gardens - calling you to sit and relax.
We stayed in the DayDream Room at the top of the house, which shares a floor with 1 other room that sits in the attic. It has windows of all sizes and at all heights including 3 or 4 skylights - it was very bright and cheery to wake up in - just watch your head with the angled walls. The whirpool tub with handheld shower is in the room - no seperate shower in the bathroom- this room IS for a couple. We stayed for 3 nights - and my husband had to work from the room one of those days - this was a GREAT room for our needs. The room has a microwave, sink, minifridge, and coffee maker which was ideal during which time my husband had to work, as was the cute sitting area in one of the gables - where he was able to set up his laptop and use the wifi.
Breakfast has 1 seating - at 9 which consisted of muffins, fruit course, and a hot entree (mushroom egg benadict, egg bake with scallopped potatoes, and waffles) across the length of our stay - did not eat much for the rest of the day after that! They took my husband up his breakfast so he wouldn't miss out.
We'd previously decided that we didn't care much for bnbs where the owners did not live onsite, but this is the exception to the rule although they do not live onsite they are the ones serving the yummy breakfast they make when you come downstairs in the morning and they send you in the right direction for your day, and I'd say they're around the bnb through the afternoon until most have checked in - we made a last minute reservation just before we arrived at 7, and Gary came by to greet us and show us around - no envelope left with instructions at the door here!
As for location, this is in a beautiful neighborhood that is about 6 blocks from the visitor's center and a bit further to downtown. I don't beleive there are any BnBs downtown but there are a few in this neighborhood. We walked to a neighborhood restaurant Gary recommended around the corner the first night, and to the visitor's center, but we drove downtown when we weren't getting on/off the trolley which stops running before 5.
When in Asheville next, there's no question where we'll be staying!
- Also Known As:
- At Cumberland Falls Hotel
- At Cumberland Falls Hotel Asheville
- At Cumberland Falls b&b Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Cumberland Falls Bed and Breakfast Inn; a National Registry home in the historic district. Waterfall and garden retreat within walking distance of downtown Asheville and 3 miles to Biltmore Estate. Every detail perfect, unparalleled service, candlelit gourmet breakfast, fresh flowers, home baked treats and "at day's end", you in snuggly robes curled up in front of a fireplace after a relaxing Jacuzzi. Free on site WIFI, cable and Flatscreen Television in most rooms. Life is good At Cumberland Falls Bed and Breakfast Inn! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B so you can book your At Cumberland Falls Bed and Breakfast Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.