We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Asheville
Compassionate Expressions Mountain Inn & Healing Sanctuary
207 Robinson Cove Rd., Asheville, NC 28748   |
Ranked #14 of 58 hotels in Asheville
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

As soon as we pulled into the property, we were surrounded by peace and beauty. We loved how the simplicity of the cabin seemed to help us reconnect to ourselves and to each other. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Gulf Breeze, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I went to this inn for a wedding but it is more like a resort with trails, hot tubs, saunas and healing services. I ended up staying an extra night and it was well worth the cost. It's very relaxing. It's super clean which I appreciate. My room and a deep giant tub to relax in and read my novel. The owners seemed to go out of their way to fulfill all of our needs and we loved meeting their dogs! Sweetest dogs ever (-:

Room Tip: All the rooms were very nice. However, the cabins had a fire burning stove to add to the ambience an...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Canton, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

A truly peaceful, healing space on our planet where busy people can go to renew and rejuvenate their body, mind and spirit! I plan on returning to this little piece of heaven in the mountains of North Carolina every year for as long as possible. The mountain air, the creek with pure, clear water, the magical island, all combine to make this a wonderful, healing sanctuary and Reva being a true healer is the icing on the cake. This is a place where miracles can happpen. Thank you Reva!

Room Tip: The rooms near the creek are peaceful.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We hoped for quiet and peace in a lovely mountain setting from which we could drive down each day into Asheville to see the sights. To our happy surprise, our week in this Sanctuary, free from the assaults of TV, telephones, cellphones, doorbells, internet and other thieves of peace, quickly became the the centerpiece of our vacation.
If you want a perfect setting to rediscover yourself and your loved one , to stay for a while near a babbling brook , to hot tub under a star filled sky, this inn, run by two lovely women who seem to intuit exactly when and how to let you be, to listen to your heart and the celestial symphony , to savor serendipitous serenity- then this remarkable place may be as perfect for you as it was for us. Disney , it is not - thank God!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
phila, pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Thankfully, I chose compassionate expressions as the location for a personal retreat. It was perfect. The view of the mountains, the sound of the stream, the quiet and peacefulness of the sanctuary...all combined to provide a beautiful environment that was conducive to relaxing, reading, meditating and just being. Traveling alone, I felt totally comfortable there. Reva and Lenora provided a warm welcome and were available whenever needed. Having a healing session by Reva was a special part of the time. I was also grateful for the reading material and videos they shared with me after learning of some of my interests. Clearly, I was meant to be here and I hope a retreat to compassionate expressions becomes an annual event.
Nancy, Pennsylvania

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Culloden, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

In April my husband and I celebrated our fifth spring retreat at Compassionate Expressions. The mountains were newly green and the dogwood trees and redbuds were just beginning to bloom. We took several hikes to enjoy the beauty of Mother Nature. We stayed in a Retreat House which was very comfortable and has a nicely equipped kitchen. A sauna and two hot tubs were located a short distance from our house. My husband enjoyed the sauna but I LOVED the Himalayan Hideaway hot tub. My muscles were totally relaxed...slept like a baby!!! The Swedish massage and craniosacral therapy was exceptional. There are numerous therapeutic offerings at C.E. but it is Reva's energy healings that bring us back yearly to be recharged and balanced. These sessions are powerful and have healed my husband and I individually and as life partners.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

I spent three wonderful and almost magical days at this lovely destination. I needed alone time to rest, reflect and connect with myself, and the beauty and serenity of the location was just the ticket. The accommodations are simple and comfortable, The hosts are unobtrusive yet responsive, helpful and friendly and the dogs (and goats) are charming. No cell phone reception, no internet, and no TV are not for everyone, but for me it was a welcome respite from being available to all. Nestled in the mountains outside of Asheville, it is a lovely drive into town to take advantage of the charm and hipness of Asheville, as well as visit Biltmore. A massage and an energy healing session added to my sense of well being. If you really want to get away from it all, I heartily recommend a trip up the mountain to Compassionate Expressions. Reva and Lenora have really created a healing environment and if you open yourself to this experience you will benefit in unexpected ways.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Been to Compassionate Expressions Mountain Inn & Healing Sanctuary? Share your experiences!