“Another World” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Quebec City, Canada
“Another World”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Divine appreciation for the Victorian Home with rich craftsmanship. My fiance and I stayed here while on vacation. It was beyond expectations, and the staff was friendly and personable. Cedar Crest Inn delivered the much needed tranquil vacation I was looking for in my escape from the city. The room was marvelous, and I was a true fan of the fireplace in the mornings. The bathroom is very small, but we certainly didn't mind. My fiance is rather tall, so the shower was a bit of a challenge, but we actually enjoyed the simpleness. The breakfast every morning was very good and I have stayed at many 5 star resorts and I favored the course of this B&B more. I just had such a splendid time and will defiantly without hesitation stay here again. Plan to return for a Christmas trip to Biltmore Estates.

Room Tip: The William Breese was very intimate
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My fiancee and I were in desperate need of some serious R&R and couldn't have found a better place. The Victorian house is beautiful and very well furnished, we stayed in the more modern Stables suite which was extremely spacious and clean. The staff is extremely courteous and are eager to please and go the extra mile. I highly recommend the Cedar Crest to anyone who is staying in the Asheville area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed with another couple in December in the Carriage House. We enjoyed it so much I returned with 5 friends for a girls weekend. We stayed in Cabin #1 and #2. Again everything was wonderful. The cottages, though different, were both very comfortable and spotless. The staff is very friendly and this time I had the opportunity to meet Drew who went out of his way to show us around the property. The complimentary desserts, wine and tea during the afternoon and evening are wonderful touches. The breakfasts were also very good. They truly make you feel like it is your home away from home.Sitting on the huge porch at the main house, or on the cabin's porch with a glass of wine or delicious chocolate chip cookie after a day of sightseeing or shopping was so enjoyable. Thank you Sabrina, Leta and Drew for another wonderful stay. I highly recommend staying at Cedar Crest Inn when you visit Asheville. I know that we will!.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This place is absolutely beautiful and within walking distance to the Biltmore Village. It has a huge wraparound porch with lots of seating. They offer complimentary snacks, wine, and tea throughout the day. Staff is friendly. I highly recommend staying here...if you don't care about good coffee and the breakfast. My husband and I were thrilled with our stay here up until breakfast. We would return if they started serving local coffee and if they put more thought into the breakfast; such as choosing local, fresh foods or at least "classing up" the courses. We only had one breakfast here, so maybe it was just an off day, but we quite disappointed with the pillsbury croissant, dry breakfast potatoes, and the sausage and egg biscuit that I could have gotten down the street at McDonalds. When you are paying extra for a bed AND BREAKFAST experience, typically the breakfast should be amazing too!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Cedar Crest B & B is located one mile north of the Biltmore Estate and one mile south of downtown Asheville. Convenient for almost anything! It is a well restored Victorian mansion with comfortable rooms. And the three course breakfast is ample. I stayed here 4 nights.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed at this B&B for 3 nights last weekend and were quite pleased with the whole experience. Their web site is correct in saying that the owners don't push themselves on you. In fact we never saw them. The staff were super helpful, congenial and competent, however. Cannot say enough about that feature of the place.The way the breakfasts are set up you really don't have to interact with other guests either. The wraparound porch was wonderful for breakfast and for afternoon libations. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Our shower in Breese room was small. The shower in our traveling companions' room was large. If...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Asheville, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My wife and I have had the pleasure of staying at the Cedar Crest Inn several times over the past 8 years, and I have to say it has just gotten better and better over that time. Our last stay was a few weeks ago, and the service we received from the owner and staff was tremendous. Since taking over a few years ago, the current owner is dedicated to customer service and providing a wonderful experience for his guests. He, and the entire staff, are always very friendly and ready to assist in any way. The rooms are comfortable and welcoming, and the entire house is beautiful. I can't recommend this place enough. If you are coming to Asheville, skip the hotels and stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Cedar Crest Inn? Share your experiences!