“Amazing weekend, great good and great atmosphere!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Abbington Green Bed and Breakfast Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Abbington Green Bed and Breakfast Inn
You added Abbington Green Bed and Breakfast Inn to your Saves list
46 & 48 Cumberland Circle, Asheville, NC 28801 (Historic Montford)   |
Ranked #5 of 41 Asheville B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Amazing weekend, great good and great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Abbington Green was a delightful experience! My mom and I spent a "girls weekend" in Asheville, enjoying the local food & scenery. Abbington Green was the perfect spot for us to stay. Valerie was such a welcoming host, very happy to tell us about the area and prepare wonderful organic breakfasts!

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

My boyfriend and I recently visited Asheville, and found the Abbington Greene through the CVB site. This B&B does not disappoint! It is far enough away from Downtown Asheville that it's an easy walk, and still nestled away. Valerie is an exceptional chef, and her breakfasts were a delicious way to start each morning. She knows just about everything to do in Asheville, and will give you a "tour" of where everything is located when you arrive. She upgraded us since the B&B was not sold out, which was a sweet surprise for us! I definitely recommend this B&B when visiting!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for our five year anniversary. This B+B is in a nice quiet area but close enough to all the action of Downtown Asheville. We actually brought our bikes with us so we could cycle around like we were locals.
Valerie was very helpful in letting us know where the fun places were and where to find some of the beat places to eat.
I have been to Asheville many times, however Valerie helped show my wife and I a whole new side of Asheville that makes us want to come back and stay again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

My husband & I met our adult daughter in Asheville and wanted a place where we could visit comfortably. The Abbington Green Bed and Breakfast was a great choice. We stayed in the Eaton Square Suite which is located in the Carriage house behind the main house. It is beautifully decorated and had the space we needed for a visit away from home. With 2 bedrooms, 1 1/2 baths, a living & dining area plus a small kitchen, the suite met all our needs. Our visit was on 3 weekdays at the end of preseason so we had the bed and breakfast to ourselves. We loved the fluffy towels, whirlpool tub, and robes. The freshly prepared breakfasts on fine china were ample and delicious. Valerie is very friendly and welcomed us with helpful suggestions for places to eat and shop. Abbington Green is located in a quiet residential neighborhood that is near the downtown of Asheville. The Eaton Square Suite is perfect for two couples or 3 - 4 family members.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

I've stayed in a lot of hotels and B&Bs in my life and this one was by far the fanciest. My husband and I were married in the Fall but because of my school we had to wait to take a December honeymoon. I actually chose to stay here because of their christmas decorations and I'm so glad I did! The food was excellent and Valerie was able to accommodate my gluten and lactose intolerance. The rooms were spacious and well-decorated. I definitely felt it was worth the cost!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Grosvenor Suite and the Eton Square Suite, both of which were excellent.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

We've stayed in many Asheville B&Bs. This is a great one. The hostess/owner, Valerie, is the Queen of hospitality, attention to detail, and a great chef! Probably the best breakfast of any B&B. Clean, relaxing, comforting accommodations with many extras such as whirlpool tubs, fireplaces, luxurious bed linens, and antique furnishings. You'll not be disappointed. Also, very secure.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Abbington Green Bed and Breakfast for Valentine's Day weekend and could not have been happier! We stayed in the Grosvenor Suite that is located in the Carriage house behind the main house. Asheville had just recieved 7-10 inches of snow a few days before we arrived but the walkways, driveways and stairs were completely plowed and salted so that was not an issue at all. The room was Gorgeous! My only complaint is that our weekend was packed with so many activities that we didn't get to spend enough time in the room! Breakfast was served promptly at 9:00 a.m. every morning and was delicious! Valerie was great at introducing all of the guests and giving us great detail about the dishes we were eating and the ingredients. You can tell Valerie takes great pride in this bed and breakfast and truly enjoys what she does. As a parting gift she gave me a small bottle of Peppermint Frost shea butter lotion from Greenwich Bay trading company based in Raleigh, NC. We are already planning our trip back to this great bed and breakfast!

Room Tip: If you prefer more privacy, then i would suggest any room in the Carriage house. You will have your...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Abbington Green Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!