“A Perfect Christmas Getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Abbington Green Bed and Breakfast Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Abbington Green Bed and Breakfast Inn
You added Abbington Green Bed and Breakfast Inn to your Saves list
46 & 48 Cumberland Circle, Asheville, NC 28801 (Historic Montford)   |
Ranked #5 of 41 Asheville B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
“A Perfect Christmas Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I was hoping to find a perfect B&B to complement my trip to see the highly recommended Biltmore Candlelight Nights Celebration. This one exceeded my expectations by leaps and bounds. Valarie meticulously decorated every room to make it like a Christmas wonderland. We could not get over her attention to detail in cleaning, decorating, and restoring this grand home. Her breakfasts were out of this world; creative and delicious! I am already planning to return to Abbington Green in the spring when the Biltmore garderns are in bloom.

Room Tip: Before you book, be sure to ask which rooms are in the main house and which are in the carriage hous...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Maryville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

My husband and I had an amazing two night stay in Grosvenor Room. The house was amazing and true to its historic roots. Valerie is such a gracious hostess and cooks the most amazing breakfasts. You will never want to leave!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My family stayed three nights over the Thanksgiving holiday.. The inn was beautifully decorated for Christmas! The bathrooms were luxurious, the beds comfortable, and our sitting room was a perfect place for us to gather for some TV together time. The 3D screen was amazing. The food was great too. Valerie was very welcoming and helpful. We'll definately return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Acme, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My husband, my adult daughter, and my little dog & I were guests at Abbington Green over Thanksgiving. We stayed in the Hyde Park Suite and enjoyed our stay immensely. Though we often stay in B&B's, I usually have trouble sleeping in a strange bed after the long drive. The mattress was the most comfortable I have encountered in my travels-it was like sleeping in my own super comfy bed! Valerie even supplied a variety of gourmet teas with an automatic tea machine. The usual day old bagels were not seen on this trip! Instead each morning, promptly at 9: our thoughtful hostess served a delicious hot (mostly organic) breakfast. She's been practicing her Julia Child recipes! Valerie had sent a questionnaire after i made the reservation and was thoughtful enough to compensate for my husband's need for a gluten-free menu. A friend and I are planning a return trip in the spring to tour the gardens at Biltmore & we will be staying with Valerie again.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a pet, there are only a couple of pet friendly rooms, so plan ahead!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We visited Abbington Green my husband's birthday. Valerie does a terrific job making sure you have all the luxuries of a high quality bed and breakfast. The grounds are beautiful, and the rooms are nicely furnished. We stayed in the St. James Park room, and were very pleased. The inn is within walking distance of downtown, although in the evenings I would recommend driving. We enjoyed strolling the Montford Historic District and looking at the beautiful homes. We would recommend it to others, and hope to return to Abbington Green.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Durango, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

At the last minute we needed two rooms in Asheville to rendezvous with friends. Time did not permit extensive review - but when i read about Abbington Green it just felt like "the place".

We had two rooms - one with a sitting room. we were able to visit with our friends, play a few hands of cards - while enjoying the holiday decorations and the care and tending of Valerie. She helped us get settled in - find our restaurant - and sneaked my husband 3 pieces of cake (because he was so hungry!). The breakfast was delicious the next morning and great attention was given our dietary needs and preferences!!

Like i said - "Sometimes you Just Get Lucky!"

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Nashville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stayed at Abbington Green during September for three nights. The inn itself was lovely and the innkeeper very friendly and thorough. It was a nice neighborhood for walks. There is a good restaurant on Montford that is within walkiing distance from the inn, and actually you could walk to downtown if you're feeling energetic. We stayed in Queen Mary's Garden which was really a bit small. The bathroom had been nicely updated, but once our luggage was in the room, it wasn't very easy getting around in the room. I would opt for one of the larger rooms. The breakfasts were nice, but more of an English flair vs a traditional American breakfast. Valerie sends a questionnaire regarding food preferences; be very specific about likes/dislikes. We were very general with our questionnaire and as a result were served some dishes that we didn't enjoy too much.Overall a good place to stay, though.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Abbington Green Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!