“Second Chances” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 57 Hotels in Asheville
Columbia, South Carolina
“Second Chances”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

It was my birthday weekend and my boyfriend took me to Asheville for the weekend. I have to admit, initially, I was a bit skeptical about staying at the Four Points even though it is a Starwoods hotel, and I am BIG on Starwoods properties, rewards, perks, etc. The weekend before our trip, I had done some research on Asheville hotels and the price and location of Four Points was right but before we could commit , I had to read the reviews and one just stuck out- one about a customer accused of smoking in his hotel room even though he flatly denied it- the review went back and forth with hotel management and even the corporate office of Starwoods- needless to say, I was a little hesitant about staying at this hotel, but then I realized, I am also BIG on "second chances- in life, love, jobs, and yes, even in hotels. So we decided to book a room and I can honestly say I am glad I gave this hotel a "second chance" to impress the customer.

From the moment we booked the room (directly from the hotel) to the moment I checked out, my boyfirend and I were treated well. Two gentleman in particular, Benjamin and Cesar, went out of their way to continue to look out for us when we wanted to upgrade from double beds to a king and from a first floor room to one on a higher floor. One evening, when we came back to our room after a night of dinner and wine and wanted to relax with a good movie, but found the ordering system not working, the front desk helped us through the whole process and even sent up a member from the tech department, another great hotel employee, at 10 p.m. to personally set the movie up for us in our room! Now that is my kind of service! Neither my boyfriend nor I are famous, but I was feeling like we were given VIP status anyway.

As for ameneties, the bed was spacious and luxurious, our view overlooked the pool and several beautiful downtown building, the bathroom was outfitted with nice white tile, clean lines, and moden accessories that even my soulmate, who is a bathroom remodeler, said was renovated well. And even the front desk advice on a good place for breakfast, sushi, or coffee proved to be exceptional. Our weekend at the Four Points Sheraton-Asheville proved that second chances are not only necessary in life but can also prove to be quite extraordinary.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor for better views of Asheville and continue to call the hotel direct...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
FourPointsAsheville, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Deb C,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience with us! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and appreciate second chances. We hope you will come back and see us again the next time you're in the Asheville area.

Thank you for choosing Four Points -- Asheville Downtown!

Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have to say I was very nervous about staying here and I have to admit it was not my first choice. However, when some reservations went wrong with the Renaissance I decided to call the Sheraton. First off, the reservations lady was so nice and my last minute reservation was no problem! I was so worried because of the bad reviews that this hotel had gotten. I'm a self admitted hotel snob. So my whole drive I prepared for the worst. Well when I got there I was so happy with the location. I could walk to anything downtown. Parking was free and convenient. I walked into the hotel and it was very nice. The front desk clerk greeted me and asked how my drive was and when he saw my dog he even asked if she needed anything right away like water. So off to a good start! I still tell myself, "wait until you get to the rooms Sandy"! After a quick check in we go up to the room and WOW, how surprised was I! It was so nice. Very clean, comfy bed, flat screen TV, down pillows and they even got the roll away bed up there and set up before we got up there. So impressed! We stayed for three days and I will absolutely stay again!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
FourPointsAsheville, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Hi Sandypllm,

Thank you so much for sharing! We are pleased to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again in the near future!

Florence, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was a good location - in downtown, close to several restaurants and breweries - but most importantly the hotel was dog friendly. For $50 for our entire stay our pup was allowed to stay with us as well. (Oh - and on Wednesdays for guests they have complimentary beers in the Chop House for guests from 5-6:30) Excellent perk!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Btb3,

Thanks for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us! We hope that you and your pup enjoyed your time here and would love another opportunity to accommodate you in the future.

We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Four Points -- Asheville Downtown!

Beech Mountain, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The front desk staff was very good. I ask to see the room before I booked it and they took me to the room to check it out. I could not ask for better service. The room was clean and comfy , The Four Points was within walking distance to downtown. Will stay again when I return to Asheville,NC

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Loretta B,

Thank you very much for the great review! Your comments regarding our service are very much appreciated and we're pleased to hear you had a great stay. We look forward to having you again the next time you're in Asheville.

Thank you for choosing Four Points -- Asheville Downtown!

Cary, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We recently returned from two nights at the Four Points in Asheville. First, the location is very good. We were within walking distance to all of the restaurnts, pubs, and shopping downtown which was very convenient. The hotel itself was very dated and worn. The staff was friendly enough but apathetic. There was boxes and other garbage out in the hallway one evening. The next day at noon, the debris still hadn't been cleared away. The topper was that we saw rom our room what appeared to be a homeless man off of the street using the pool. We were getting ready to go for a swim and reported this to the front desk. When we got to the pool, the guy finished up his "bath", took a couple of towels, and walked off down the street. One hotel employee was sitting outside by the propped open door having a smoke and did nothing. When we went back in we mentioned the swimmer to the front desk person. His response was to chuckle and said, I guess it takes all kinds. I would think the hotel would worry a bit more about guest safety.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
FourPointsAsheville, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear NCCoug,

Thank you for the review regarding your recent stay with us. I want to apologize that our property did not meet or exceed your expectations. Guest safety is our number one priority and I can assure you that we will address every item you have mentioned with the team. It is my hope that you will allow us another opportunity to provide you with a comfortable, honest and uncomplicated stay in the future.

Thank you for choosing Four Points -- Asheville Downtown.

Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

The room was on average clean. The hall way to the room had a very musty smell as well as the room. The bed itself was the worst bed I've ever slept on in any hotel. When in the bed I was a good 4 or 5 inches higher than my husband on the other side. It was very uncomfortable. The hotel was in a good location but my family and I will not return. The rooms and beds definitely need some updating.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Luckybum,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize that you did not find our beds to be comfortable. We appreciate your business and wish you the best of luck in your future travels.

Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed here for two nights at the end of July (right after Bele Chere) and found it to be a good value. The location is terrific--on the edge of downtown within easy walking distance to the sites and bars. Also very easy on/off the interstate, which is an extra plus. The hotel itself does feel dated, and small (only one elevator for the entire hotel). Nothing specific to complain about, it's just not as nice as the "standard" Four Points location. Rooms are adequate, but not fancy. We had two queen beds, and this hotel is following the trend to not use fitted sheets so it was hard to keep the beds neat. (Granted, our two kids were jumping on the beds, which didn't help matters.) The bathrooms are nice and have shower dispensers for shampoo, body wash, and conditioner instead of the travel bottles. We took our two kids to the pool one day, which was a nice feature to have. We didn't try the restaurant, choosing instead to go for some of Asheville's great restaurants (Tupelo Honey is still the best choice for breakfast). The hotel also has a nice green space for pets on the opposite side of the parking lot. Bottom line from our experience is it's a great option if you're not looking for luxury, but do want a nice, safe, reasonable option for downtown.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear jreigelman,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review! We appreciate your feedback and hope you will come stay with us again.

Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown? Share your experiences!