“What a find...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 57 Hotels in Asheville
Boca Raton, Florida
“What a find...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

What a find and value. I was looking for a property within walking distance of downtown Asheville and was surprised at the prices being asked. Everything was approaching $200 per night. Any property around $100 and under involved driving 10 to 15 minutes. This property was the exception. It is a little older but very well renovated. The rooms are very nice and the bed is extremely comfortable. The staff was incredibly welcoming and helpful. The price even includes parking. I really enjoyed cooling off the the large pool area after a sweaty day of sightseeing.

This will be my go to property anytime I am in the Asheville area.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
FourPointsAsheville, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Sheasen,

Thank you so much for the great review and positive words regarding your recent stay with us. We're so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time here and we look forward to providing you with another simple and uncomplicated stay!

Thank you for choosing Four Points -- Asheville Downtown!

Steven Brown
Guest Services Manager
Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Great location and an easy walk to the town of Asheville, the first we encountered at the desk was particularly helpful and ensured we got the lay of the land for a walking tour - the rest of the folks weren't so keen unfortunately. The rooms were a good size, clean and functional. If your eye sight isn't what it used to be you should take a torch with you in the lift to ensure you hit the right buttons or you could be spending your time riding between the lobby and the basement. Good value overall if you enjoy walking around the town

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
FourPointsAsheville, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Yendon,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us. We sincerely hope you had an enjoyable stay and would love to see you again in the near future.

Thank you for your business and for choosing Four Points -- Asheville Downtown!

Steven Brown
Guest Services Manager
Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

This hotel is one of only a few right near the action. We were able to walk to the bars and restaurants each day of our visit, and easily stop back in during the day without going out of our way. The rooms are not the fanciest, but suited our needs. The bathroom could definitely use some work, but it was fine. The hotel has a pool which was nice, and the restaurant has pretty good food, plus on your first night they have a complimentary beer tasting. We also explored further from the center of town, and the access on and off the highway was very convenient. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
FourPointsAsheville, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review! I'm glad to hear you were able to enjoy your time here and the downtown Asheville area. Please come and stay with us again the next time you're in the area!
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed here on June 29th for one night. We had a total of three rooms. Our group found everything quite satisfactory. The staff was helpful in every regard starting with getting all of our rooms together. The location is good in that it is an easy walk to the square where so much happens in Asheville yet is far enough away that you don't get the city noise at night. The hotel was completely booked but you never got the sense that you were being overrun with other guests. I am 6'4" and did not have a problem with the bed being too short so I don't understand the comment from the reviewer whose 5'2" wife had a problem.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

San Jose, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We booked a stay at the Sheraton Four Points because it got a 3 Diamond rating from AAA and the rate was good. I should have realized that the hotel was poorly run when neither the elevators nor the halls were air conditioned. When I wanted to get ice for the room there were no sign as to where an ice machine was. I finally found one on the ground floor which required one to insert the room key, but no further instructions as to how to get the machine to give ice. I fortunately tried pushing the spout the ice comes out of and was able to get the ice. Now how hard is it for a hotel to put up signs as to where to get ice or to list the information in the room. My next experience related to my needing to make a toll free call. I called the front desk and the person on call said he did not know and I should consult the room card. I did find the information on the room card, but the phone provided in the room was a portable phone and the battery went out after a few minutes. I guess the adage "you get what you pay for" is true at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
FourPointsAsheville, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. I sincerely regret that we have missed the opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations, but I can assure you that we will address every point you have mentioned with our staff using your feedback as a learning opportunity. We will be renovating the HVAC system in the hallways and elevators this winter. Unfortunately we do not put operating instructions on every piece of equipment in our hotel. We do offer ice machines on the 2nd, 4th, and 5th floors for our guests convenience. Once again, thank you for staying at Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown and we appreciate your feedback.

Assistant General Manager
Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown, 22 Woodfin St, Asheville, NC 28801
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Ended up staying at the Four Points Asheville hotel this month for two nights and I think that was two nights too long! Nothing went right since I checked in. First they tried putting me into a room with a musty smell, which is common as all the reviews state here. I obviously walked right out of that room and asked for another which was on a higher floor and had air conditioning problems. The thermostat on the wall didn't even work!! Was moved to another room since I couldn't sleep because the temperature of the room was so hot. Finally this room was ok and this floor was not even given to me as an available option when I checked in! I'm glad the staff was accommodating but Wow this hotel needs work. The constant traffic outside since the hotel is next to the highway can be a nuisance but not that bad at night if the air conditioning is on (if it works that is). Breakfast buffet was ehhh ok at 10.95... I've seen better. I'm glad I got this on Priceline because I would never pay the regular rate for this hotel when there are definitely better options around Asheville.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. I sincerely regret that we have missed the opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations, but I can assure you that we will address every point you have mentioned with our staff using your feedback as a learning opportunity. We are planning on renovating our rooms in January of 2014 per Starwood standard. I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with an uncomplicated stay in the future. Once again, thank you for staying at Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown and we appreciate your feedback.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

The location is good if you want to spend time in downtown Asheville. The pool is nice also. The bed was hard and lumpy and did not seem to be a normal length. Even my 5'2" wife had a hard time keeping her feet from sticking off the end. The sheet was too thin and the comforter too thick so you had to make the room really cold or really warm. The towels were small and scratchy. You could hear people in other rooms too easily and plumbing noises kept waking us up. The in room coffee was really disgusting and didn't even look like a normal coffee color. I would recommend somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2013
FourPointsAsheville, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that we did not meet or exceed your expectations. We do follow all Starwood standards on all items in the rooms but I have passed along your comments to the Executive Housekeeper and the Chief Engineer to investigate if any of your issues can be resolved.

Assistant General Manager

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown? Share your experiences!