“Ok Room. Good Location. Noisy at the time. Very unreliable Internet” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #43 of 57 Hotels in Asheville
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Ok Room. Good Location. Noisy at the time. Very unreliable Internet”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Being a downtown hotel the rooms are a little cramped but clean and nicely appointed. The Location was a pretty easy walk to most of downtown Asheville. The Hotel has a steakhouse that serves prime beef at the expected cost (i didn't try it what with all the wonderful options downtown). They have a breakfast buffet that looked good (not complimentary). I had two problems with my stay. 1st they were doing construction on my floor replacing sliding doors with solid windows thereby eliminating the balconies (I guess they had their reasons, I'd prefer they left them.) and a lot of noise started at 9AM and I was very happy to be asleep a couple morning at that time. The 2nd was the Internet only working about half the time or less. The staff's answers were not particularly good ones. They explained that the workers had a contract that allowed them to start at 9 (obviously 4pts agreed to this) and since the Internet was complimentary it wasn't guaranteed to work. Otherwise the staff was fine. I had a very good rate for this Hotel and would only stay there again if a similar rate was available.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
FourPointsAsheville, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay with us. I want to apologize for the issues you experienced during your time here. We recently finished installing brand new windows in all of our rooms and I appreciate your understanding as we work to make improvements to our facility. In the mid part of last year we installed a new fiber optic wireless system as well. We are currently testing the stability and speed of the wifi to address any issues such as the one you mentioned. I hope this will not deter you from visiting us again.

We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown.

Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Jacksonville, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We booked this hotel through HotWire. I was very impressed, especially after reading all the not so great comments before our trip. We stayed the week of Thanksgiving and had nothing negative to say. The rooms were clean, staff was friendly and helpful. There was no breakfast included but given that the hotel was within walking distance to all the local places to eat, it did not bother us. The hotel was also located next to the interstate so going on the parkway or other places was easy. We were very impressed and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Book through HotWire. We got a great deal for a busy holiday weekend!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi,

Thank you for the positive feedback and I hope you enjoyed your time here for Thanksgiving week! We appreciate you acknowledging our cleanliness and staff friendliness. I'm pleased you were able to find a great deal through Hotwire and hope to have another opportunity to provide you with an honest, comfortable and uncomplicated stay in the near future.

Clayton, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

This is a nice hotel and I enjoyed my stay. I saw several dog owners with their pets at the hotel which surprised me for a nice hotel like this. The beds are comfortable, everything was clean, the television had good reception, and I got a good night's sleep. I would stay here again if I'm in the area. The breakfast buffet is overpriced, but the serving staff (as well as the front desk staff) were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hi there!

Thank you very much for the kind review concerning your recent stay with us. I'm glad you had a nice stay and want to welcome you back the next time you're in the area!

Asheville is a very pet friendly city and likewise we are a pet friendly hotel. We appreciate the positive feedback regarding our staff and we hope you enjoyed your time here.

Thank you for choosing the Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown!

Athens, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I recently stayed in this hotel while on a combined business/pleasure trip. The reviews I had read on tripadvisor were very negative but I went ahead and chose this hotel for two reasons. First the location was very convenient -- walking distance from downtown and across the street from the Renaissance which was hosting the conference that I was attending. Second, the online rate was very reasonable -- just $69 per night. But I was a bit worried as to what I might find.

What I found was a very comfortable hotel with friendly staff and all the basic amenities including free internet. The lobby has a cosy seating area with a fireplace. Based on recommendations on this site, we asked for and got a room away from the highway which I think is a good idea. The room was a decent size, the bed was comfortable.

I had one breakfast in the restaurant. The unlimited continental breakfast was just $6 and included coffee and juice. There were bagels, pastries, cereals, yogurt, granola, oatmeal, fruit, really all you might want. I had ordered a bagel to go for my husband but the waitress let me take a bagel from the buffet instead of charging me for it (which was a pleasant surprise.)

The only negative to report was that there was one time that I smelled cigarette smoke through the vents, but it went away after 15 minutes.

This is a pleasant and great value hotel within walking distance of charming downtown Asheville.

Room Tip: As recommended by others, ask for a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
FourPointsAsheville, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Hello!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review! The feedback we receive is very important to us and your willingness to share is greatly appreciated.

I'm happy you had a comfortable stay at a good value and hope that we were able to exceed your expectations.

Thanks again for choosing Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown!

Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

If you aren't looking for luxury but still want a fairly nice place, this will fit the bill. Check-in staff was friendly and accomodating: we asked for a refrigerator/microwave to be placed in the room and they had it delivered within minutes after we got into the room. Room was clean and served our needs. Hotel sits on the edge of downtown, so you can walk anywhere you want to go: we're not particularly "fit" and we did fine.

Room Tip: Outdoor pool is on the south side of the building and can get noisy in the summer with kids horsing...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with. I'm pleased that you enjoyed our convenient location and that we were able to accomodate your needs. Please come visit us again the next time you're in Asheville for another honest, comfortable, and uncomplicated stay!

DE & SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I recently stayed here for a night, and I chose it because the price was the best for the location. That being said - it was a great hotel. Clean, updated rooms. Friendly staff. Easy parking. Walking distance to everything downtown. Only negative thing I can think of is that there wasn't an exhaust fan in the bathroom.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
FourPointsAsheville, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to share your review and the great reccomendation! Your willingness to share is greatly appreciated.

We're happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in the area.

Regards,

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Great hotel, very clean and cozy. Since it was cold out it was a little further than I'd rather walk to the local shops and restaurants, but it was only about a quarter mile and parking was only $5 pretty much anywhere you go. This was a great value and the staff was very friendly. I would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hi,

Thank you so much for the positive review concerning your recent stay with us! We're pleased that we were able to accomodate you with a clean and cozy stay.

Thank you for choosing Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown. We look forward to having you again for another honest, comfortable and uncomplicated stay.

Regards,

Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown? Share your experiences!