“Dated” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 57 Hotels in Asheville
Roanoke, Virginia
“Dated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

I spent 4 nights at The Ramada Biltmore West with my wife for a conferance. We stayed in one of the exterior rooms as I like to be able to step out for fresh air. The room was clean but it was detiorating. We always had trouble getting our key to work. One day we had to go to the desk 3 times for a new key and finally a maid came along and let us in. We changed rooms because the king bed we had was so hard only to find the the twin beds were just as hard. Some people like a hard bet so that can just be our preferance. The first room had wet carpet and the second room had no floor mat for the shower and was very slippery so we put a hand towel in it. The blow dryer was loose from the wall. The breakfast was from the I-hop next door and wsan't bad but could have been fresher. Would I stay her again? I guess if I just needed a place to sleep without any frills. The price however should be lower if they are not going to make upgrades and if they don't it won't be there long.

Room Tip: try the interoir rooms they might be better kept.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Morehead City, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

We stayed overnight in this hotel during a car trip we took down the Blue Ridge Parkway. The hotel is located out of town but convenient enough to restaurants and shopping. Don’t be fooled by the name it is nowhere near downtown or the Biltmore. I could not hear the clerk at check-in because of the live Mariachi Band. Thankfully we were placed at the back of the hotel. Parking is convenient. There is also an IHOP adjoining the hotel. The hotel is very dated. Free breakfast is offered, but IHOP is tempting. There is a laundry area on site.

The beds were comfortable with nice linens. The rooms are sizeable, clean, tidy, full of local travel info, but very dated.

Overall my stay wasn’t great or bad. It is a little subpar in comparison to most Ramada standards. The price was reasonable.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

This property is a mess. It's old, and showing it's years in nearly every area. This can't be a corporate owned hotel as there is no way a "real" Ramada would be allowed to operate in such a rundown condition. Frankly it should be closed, gutted and completely refurbished.
I've been in places like Motel Six and Hotel Eight that were in better shape.

A short list of issues includes

Worn, stained, and torn carpet in room and common areas.
Broken chairs in room.
Bathroom ceiling textured paint peeling and broken toilet tank top.
Mold and mildew in many spots.
Non existent internet signal
Pool and hot tub under construction
Old cheap TV with broken remote
Broken tile all through common area.

The only reason I didn't rate this a Horrible is that there seems to be a slow attempt to bring this hotel back from the dead.

We had a better than average bed with very nice pillows.
Newer equipment in the fitness center.
And a pretty descent breakfast bar

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

The staff of the motel was very friendly.

My reservation was not in the clerk's computer and it was a good thing I had my reservation confirmation copy with me or I wouldn't have gottenthe quoted rate.

My bed was very comfortable. There needs to be better placement and more electrical outlets in the rooms. I carry a ventolator and a CPAP machine with me as well as a phone charger and again, it was a good thing I had an extension cord with me. Still, I didn't like having to bend over the beaureau to plug in my devices.

The morning buffet breakfast food was delicious and well presented.

The hot tub was out of order and the desk clerk said it might be 4 months before it would be fixed. Say What? ?

Room Tip: ask for inside room.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Asheville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011 via mobile

This hotel is not good at all! When my boyfriend and I first checked in the lady at the front quoted him$79. Well there was a gentleman next to us that she quoted inside rooms at $79 and $71 outside . Our $79 quote was for a outside room only!! Then my boyfriend is suppose to get a 10% goverment discount and that did not happen. She said she put it on there but it wasn't. Finally get in the room and someone had already been in that room. Sheets were all messed up. Called the front desk to tell them and according to her there were no more king size beds avaiable. So we asked for some clean bedding and about a hour later they bring it to us. Then, we had to change our own bedding. That really upset me. Also, the comforter had a stain on it, carpet was nasty, and the tv was ready to give out. Notified the front desk of all the problems and they did not care. Oh well attitude!! So if you want to stay at a nasty and we don't care attitude hotel this ones for you. Oh, and don't forget you will have to do your own housekeeping.

• Stayed September 2011
Denton, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

The front desk staff ( Hannah & Liz ) where professional and pleasant . The front desk to the housekeeper all are wonderful. The bed with all the fluffy pillows was really nice. . Got a great night sleep and noise level was quiet. The room was a great price for the stay. The lobby was nice, the pool was great .Also a play area for kids. There is an IHOP attached to the motel that offers 25% off for motel guests or if you prefer , a free continental breakfast. Sure there were little things, ( it is an older motel) but if you go just looking for a nice comfortable place to stay at a reasonable price with a nice pool and good staff, this is your place! Don't worry about the negative reviews, Well worth your money and I will definitely come back again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Kingsport, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

we stayed over the weekend , a big disappointment the room looked nothing like the photo,s on the internet, the room smelled. the room was un clean. spider web behind the door, cob web behind the door. the beds made us itch . my wife found a cigar but in the sheets !!! the bath door looked like someone tried to punch a hole in it. the room needed painting. the carpet felt nasty. i will never stay at another ramada again ! my wife and i have been apling cream in case it was ITCH MITES in the bedding. AVOID THIS DUMP !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Ramada Asheville / Biltmore West? Share your experiences!