“good enough for short notice” 4 of 5 stars

Save up to 20%
Ranked #22 of 57 Hotels in Asheville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“good enough for short notice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Room was clean, smelled of cleaner/chlorine, everything worked, the bath tub had a layer of water between the original tub and the bath fitter cover. Staff was friendly, close to everything we needed. It was on short notice so we had this or something well over 200 a night. This was right down the road from the mall and a waffle house so it served it purpose

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Timberlake, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed at this property and it was very comfortable considering we were there on business. The staff was very pleasant as well as professional. Thoroughly impressed! We will be doing business in the area for the next few months, will definitely return to this property!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We have been to other Best Westerns, and because they are all individually owned we have had some good experiences and some not so good. We enjoyed our stay here. The staff was courteous, and our room with 2 comfortable queen beds was very clean and comfortable. And for us the location was perfect, with easy on and off the interstate highway,

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Oak Ridge, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I say simple because that is how it should be. When I travel and have to stay at a hotel I believe it should be an easy and pleasant stay without issues. This stay was just that. I reccomend this hotel highly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Wilmington, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I tried to find a room in some other hotels, but was in Asheville at a busy time, so decided to take a chance on a BW -- I have had mixed results when I've stayed in a BW hotel in the past. The room was over $200, even w/AAA discount -- & was advertised as being non-smoking. There was a smell in the room -- I was not sure if it was artificially added to cover the smell of cigarette smoke, or if it was a 'moldy' smell -- but it was quite noticeable. I am fairly sensitive to mold, so the air in a room is important to me. I did not report the smell, though I probably should have.The bed was quite comfortable, and the air conditioner worked, though it was a bit noisy. I thought the room and bathroom were clean enough. I would not stay here again -- would do a bit of 'pre-planning' so that I had an opportunity to find a room in another hotel.
I did fill out an on-line survey about my satisfaction level with the hotel and was contacted a day or so later by the manager,who offered to give me a 25% discount on a future stay. This was a nice gesture, and may indicate that my experience is not what they would want. However, I am not willing to stay in a hotel w/'bad air' again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Freeville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The price we paid for our stay at this hotel was much better than what we had paid the previous days at other chains. The hotel itself was nicer and the staff more helpful than the other hotels. It was close to many restaurants and places of interest. It was nice to come back from a long day checking out the sites to a clean room and be able to go to the pool if we wanted. The pool was clean which was not the case in the hotel we said in before this one.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Canonsburg, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful stay at the Ashville Biltmore, staff was accomadating when we needed and extra night stay and kept us in the same room. We are motorcyclist and when we requested a hose to spray the grime off of our bikes our request was filled within minutes. I plan to stay here again in late July, returning to this BW because of the staff and cleanliness of the rooms and property.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN of Asheville Biltmore East? Share your experiences!