“Solid 4 stars!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Dayton, Ohio
“Solid 4 stars!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Check in was efficient, our room was spacious, very clean and well appointed. The bed was VERY comfortable with 4 pillows per bed. Glad we had reserved ahead because this Best Western is popular and was sold out both (weekend) nights we stayed. Breakfast was also popular and provided the basics plus waffles and other hot items to start the day. Free wi-fi plus a guest computer in the lobby. This is a nice hotel and we would definitely choose it again.

Room Tip: Outdoor swimming pool looked inviting. Rooms in the front have some street noise, but the A/C fan d...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed here two days. The rooms were modern for an older hotel. Bed and pillows not very comfortable. Typical of this type of hotel which is more of a motel. Bathroom small can not shut door once inside. Found a cigarette butt in our non smoking room and it smelled very musky and damp during our stay. Room was only $71. So hard to say too much since the price was good. Good place for smokers, dog owners, or anyone wanting to keep their car or bike right outside the door. Pool was very clean. Typical breakfast with some hot items. Hotel staff nice but not overly friendly. Probably wouldn't stay here again if I could find something nicer.

• Stayed June 2013
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have stayed here many times and am always made to feel welcome. The desk staff and the housekeepers are always accomodating and friendly. Such a convenience location - right off the BlueRidge Pkwy. The rooms are large, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed two nights in a spacious room at the quiet back side (226). The bed is comfortable, the bathroom ok, shower looked brandnew and was clean. Paid a good price, direct at BW website. Breakfast area was on both mornings rather overcrowded. Visited Biltmore Estate which was more impressing as what we expected. Blue Ridge Parkway was a bit disappointing. Can recommend the downloadable Urban Trail Walking Tour through the center of relaxed, post-hippy Asheville.

Sharpsville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I will go back to this Best Western again. It is clean and had the best breakfast . There were eggs,sausage gravy,sausage,varieties of bread, bagels,biscuits,apples,bananas,fruit juices: apple, cranberry,orange water. There was a variety of cereals,waffles,sweet rolls, muffins. the coffee was very good. There was tea ,hot chocolate, and milk for those that do not care for coffee.
For coffee.We like the refrigerator in the room and a newspaper in the morning.

Bedford, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I understand that hotels in this area are kind of pricey due to the proximity to the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Biltmore Estate. However, given the price we paid for our room (even after the AAA discount), I expected more. I do have to say that the room was comfortable albeit a little cramped--the table and chairs were crammed up against the air conditioner and in good shape. I believe that there was a recent renovation, so the furnishings were adequate. What I didn't like was the service.

First, the website stated a $10 per night pet fee. Okay. When I reserved the room, I specifically noted two dogs. When I checked in, the front desk person made me initial by the pet fee ($10 per night) and confirmed that I had two dogs. When I check out, there were TWO $10 charges (PLUS taxes). I asked the gal what was going on. She pointed to a sign stating that it was $10 per PET PER NIGHT. Well, this was the same girl that checked me in. I told her that I REFUSED to pay that amount. The website stated a flat rate, and she said NOTHING at check in about a per-pet fee. She told me that she would have to ask her manager. I asked to speak to the manager..."Oh, he's not here."

I called her on the fact that she did not explain the charge at check-in and I would not be paying it. She finally relented and refunded the additional pet fee. Yes, it was only $10. But I don't like this 'bait and switch.' If there is a fee per pet per night, be clear and state it on the website. I would NOT have had an issue with this had it be explicitly stated. What I do object to is the lack of care of both the management and the obviously unconcerned and poorly trained front desk personnel.

Oh--they do give you a 'goody bag' for your dog upon check-in that contains a pack of dog-waste bags in a holder. That was nice.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Staunton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My son, daughter and I found the hotel to be outstanding. We had a great stay on our way to the beach. The customer service was outstanding in a time that finds customer service lacking. The continental breakfast was the best we have ever experienced and the rooms were spotless. Anytime we are down that way we will stay at this Best Western.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN of Asheville Biltmore East? Share your experiences!