“The Bad Seeds” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Orange Peel

The Orange Peel
101 Biltmore Ave, Asheville, NC 28801 (Downtown Asheville)
828 225 5851
Improve this listing
Ranked #69 of 176 things to do in Asheville
Asheville, North Carolina
“The Bad Seeds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Probably one of the best shows I've seen this year. Great friendly crowd. The door staff were uber friendly. Went with my wife who was proggolicious at the time and the krewe went out of their way to get her seated. Nick Cave killed it. The sound was great and the beer prices were cheap for a music venue. Will def go back and spend my hard earned cash once I can find a babysitter

Visited March 2013

“If you know anything about music venues you will hate this spot.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I have been to many many shows at the peel and they have always had a problem with there staff. They look over the stall at you in the bathroom and follow you around like a bunch of cool guys. The straw that broke the camels back was an incident that evolved a drunk guy running into myself and a date (in front of the staff). I sold him to settle down and the guy slipped/swung at me and grabbed at the girls dress as he was falling. He got up and tried to attack me again. I shut that down but in the process he bit me bad enough to draw blood. The staff did nothing to aprehind the man or assist the police after they where called. Total amiture hour. So of you wanna punch girls and bight people hit up the peel. Just don't smoke weed in there, that's over the line! All locals know this venue is a shell of it's original self. Hit up Pisguh or the grey eagle. Don't waste your time with these clowns and there power trips. Best to you all. #ashrules

Visited April 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
14 attraction reviews
“Great Live Music Venue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We saw a fantastic John McLaughlin show. The band was phenomenal! We were able to get a good view of the stage, though it was standing room only. Once the show is going, it can be a challenge to get back to the bar for a beer.

Visited June 2013
Holly Springs, North Carolina
“Jim James at the Peel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Sound quality was excellent. Open and comfortable venue even with a sold out show. A couple of bars on either side of the stage, bathrooms ok for a bar. Park under the hotel next door for free parking. You'll take a ticket but the booth shuts down before the show ends... :)

Visited May 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
3 attraction reviews
“Never Been Treated With Such Disrespect”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I, like many others, held a high level of respect and admiration for The Orange Peel due to their sterling reputation and incredible history of great concerts. Last weekend I was very excited to visit the venue for the first time and see a concert.

Entering the venue was fairly painless, a standard ID check and nothing more. I really do like their tab set-up with the cards to keep track of your tab. Drink prices are a bit high but it's a music venue so it's expected.

My girlfriend and I stood around for a few minutes waiting on the opener to go on and I made a trip to the bathroom. Upon leaving the stall and washing my hands I can feel someone watching/following me. I worked at music venues and promoted concerts for over a decade so I know the feeling and decided to walk out of the bathroom.

The security guard grabbed my arm, hauled me around the corner, and proceeded to grill me about my activities in the bathroom. I'm way over the legal drinking age and far too old to be doing anything illegal in the bathroom. I was there to see the show.

This was completely unnecessary and ruined my experience. I was looking forward to seeing a concert at one of the best music venues in the country but after my experience I will never return.

Visited February 2013