“Yum” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Limones is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 653 Restaurants in Asheville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Biltmore Ave
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We loved everything about Limones..just a very very good restaurant and second favorite meal of are weekend in Ashevile.

Visited June 2013

Asheville, North Carolina
“Too expensive for the food and service, don't understand the hype”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Asheville is known for great food for a great price. OR alternatively, great food with a price tag that's worth every bite. Either way, this place just blew it. We were a party of four, and we didn't have a single dish that was a good complete meal. We started with a salsa sampler appetizer. There were 3 salsas: 1) red, which tasted like marinara sauce, 2) tomatillo, which tasted canned, and 3) black bean dip which was okay. The mains were all disappointing in some way. On the menu, we had seen the "potato crusted Halibut" but when we arrived to dine, the Halibut had been changed to Seabass. It was a slight set-back, but since it was my favorite fish that had been substituted for my second favorite fish, I was still super excited. My reaction to the dish was mixed. The outer edges of the fist were cooked really well, but the center was still a bit raw and tasted a little fishy. The potato crusting was awesome, but the fish only came with some green beans and I thought for the price, that was outrageous. I got a partially cooked filet of fish and some green beans for $26. My boyfriend had the Rioja short ribs, and his dish was probably the best of the 4 of us. The meat was pretty tasty and it came with a corn/hominy and mushroom concoction(they called it risotto, but it wasn't a risotto at all) and cooked kale. He thought it was good, but not great. The other two dishes ordered in our group were the pork tacos and the chile rellenos...both were just edible. Additionally, we never had one server, but a series of servers who seemed annoyed to have to do anything for us. We also found the host to be a bit uninviting when we walked in. The positive notes would definitely be an awesome Rioja they had by the glass and the venue itself which was super cute (although very loud). With all that Asheville has to offer in terms of food, I just can't recommend this restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Another fave”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

This was our first time trying this wonderful restaurant. To repeat myself it turned out wonderful. I love that its kinda off the beaten path in its own little spot. My fiancé got the beef fajitas and the steak was cooked perfectly. The guacamole is great is great. A friend got the beef tenderloin and it said it was outstanding. So not to go overboard, I will just say I recommend this a little more upscale place to everyone.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Marietta, Georgia
“Best Seviche”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Wow! what an amazing place! Their seviche is so fresh you think you are on a caribean island, the fish tacos are AMAZING! Very pleasant and wonderful service

Visited May 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Unique dishes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We loved the unique dishes on the standard menu. I don't remember Spanish names of the dishes, but my fajita-type meal came in a very hot lava bowl. My wife had an awesome dish baked and served in a clay pot. We had a wonderful time.

Visited May 2013