“Our Second Visit To Limones” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Limones is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 624 restaurants in Asheville
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Biltmore Ave
asheville
“Our Second Visit To Limones”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Wednesday evening, February 26th, my wife, a friend and myself made a second visit to Limones Restaurant. It has been several years since our first and I'm happy to say, our second visit was just as great as our first. We received the same attentive, prompt, knowledgeable and courteous service as our first visit. The food was absolutely delicious, very creatively prepared and the menu choices were varied enough but not too overwhelming. All three of us had seafood choices, I had the sea bass with risotto and grilles asparagus and everything was done to perfection. My wife and our guest also agreed their choices were I had great memories of our first visit and was pleased that the consistency of Limones was still the very same impeccable service and wonderful food on our second visit. Our next visit will be much sooner and Limones will be a definite go to restaurant for out of town guests. If you're craving great upscale Mexican food, Limones should be your choice.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

92% Recommend
Kings Mountain, North Carolina
“We sat at the bar!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We just walked in and got lucky to sit at the bar and order!They were booked and had no available tables. I had the Fajitas ( yummy!!! ) my Husband got the pork sopes. Great flavors very fresh.

Visited February 2013
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“food good, service so-so”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

the food was very good - and LOVED the pomegranate japeleno margarita, but the service was so-so. At first, she came every 30 seconds it seemed to see if we were ready to order, when we hadn't even had a chance to glance at the menu. After 5 trips to ask if we were ready, after that, she was scarce when we wanted anything more, including letting our drinks empty and we had to wait before she came back to get more. That aside, the food was very tasty and we enjoyed that part of it.

Visited February 2013
Black Mountain, North Carolina, United States
“TACKY CUSTOMER RELATIONS BY OWNER!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We had made reservations through Open Table for Valentines Day 2013. On February 13, the restaurant called and wanted us to give our credit card number over the phone to secure our reservation. We called back and were told the owner wanted credit cards to secure the reservation or it would be cancelled. So of course, we cancelled! We have never had a restaurant call and expect us to actually give a credit card over the phone! Incredibly tacky and very poor customer relations. We will never eat here and have told all our friends of this incident.
Of course, it was too late to find another reservation in town for Valentines Day.

• Visited February 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Quality Taste and Visually Appealing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

For you non-chain seekers out there who love excellent chefs and visually appealing food at an affordable price...this hole in the wall is for you. We usually go for dinner.

I will not tell you what taste good because I have never eaten anything here that hasn't left me wanting more of it. The menu is based on in season items which I love that they cook with the freshest ingredients they can get their hands on. Every time I visit Ashville my husband knows that this will be one of the meal stops. Oh, and by the way...when peaches are in season they have this peachy ancho chili cocktail that drinks like water and so complimentary to the menu...awesome it was!!!

The decor is hardwood and metal with a warm palette. It is warm and inviting. My favorite seat with my spouse is the window seat with the colorful pillows...there are two areas like this. Enjoy!

• Visited July 2012