“Great property!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 58 Hotels in Asheville
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Great property!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

My family consisting of 2 adult children has an absolutely wonderful stay at Residence @ Biltmore. Cleanliness is the highest priority to us and this unit was impeccable. We had a two bedroom suite with a hide away in the living room. So many wonderful things to say about this unit but one of the best features when traveling with Children is the two bathrooms. The kitchen was perfect for morning breakfast. I think they thought of everything : makeup mirror in each bath, an umbrella, even a serving tray for breakfast in bed. My son forgot his toothbrush and called registration and they happily supplied a toothbrush. The kitchen was well supplied with cutlery, pots and dishes that was more then sufficient for our needs as well. In the early evening before dinner we enjoyed siting on the balcony enjoying a cup of coffee. A beautiful unit, a wonderful stay and a property I would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Try for a room on a higher level if noise annoys you or if you are a light sleeper. You can hear peo...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Bill C, General Manager at The Residences at Biltmore, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
MaryAnn773,

Thank you for your great review. I am so thrilled we could meet your expectations. Our goal is to make your unit feel like home-away-from home. This is even more paramount when traveling in larger groups as having that family time together in our units can enhance your trip. I am so happy you were satisfied. I hope you can visit again soon.

Bill C.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights while discovering the city. We had a studio queen on the top floor which was very spacious and comfortable. The balcony had a table and 2 chairs and it was nice to sit out there to enjoy the cooler weather. The kitchen was well equipped with stove, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker and toaster, plus all the dishes and cookware you need. The bathroom was spacious, with double sinks and a large shower. There was a stackable washer and dryer in a closet in the kitchen, with laundry soap provided. The pool and hot tub were very nice. The people at the front desk were friendly and efficient and members of the housekeeping staff keep the unit pristine. Location was perfect, very close to the Biltmore Estate and Biltmore Village shopping area as well as downtown.

Room Tip: We had unit #432 which was on the top floor on the end. Very quiet location
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
jflk01,

Thank you for your kind review. I will pass your compliments on to the team as they take great pride in making our guests feel as comfortable as possible. We hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us again in the future.

Fajardo, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I had a two bedroom suite over the weekend for much less than what the over-priced Asheville hotels were charging. It was quiet, but centrally located. The two people I encountered at the front desk were pleasant and attentive.

The suite itself was amazingly comfortable. It had a decent sized living room with a fireplace and small kitchen. Both bedrooms were lovely, and there were two bathrooms. I wish the maid the next day had been less concerned with turning the towels in the bathroom into swans and remembered to clean the second bedroom, but...

I will say the walls ARE a little thin. My friends (in one room) and I (in the other) had dueling TV's going. They're also pet friendly, and the grounds are well-kept.

My ultimate review - I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Parking in the back allows you to walk to the elevators without going up a flight of stairs. Less c...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
beneciomom,

Thank you for your kind review. We love to pamper our guests and I will pass your comments along, including those re: your housekeeping service. We hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us again soon.
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Completely overrated and extremely disappointed. The room was average (the pictures make them look better than they are). For a "resort" style hotel, I expected more. Apparently, the property is a renovated apartment complex from the 1960's (as I was told by the "concierge office"). The ceilings are so thin that you can hear the guests above you as they open every drawer, walk around at all hours of the night, and have loud sex (as was our experience)...thank goodness we didn't have our kids with us. Save yourself the money, you can get a comparable room at a nearby chain hotel with similar amenities and be much happier. I will not recommend this property to others and will avoid it in the future.

Room Tip: If you decide to stay here, get an upstairs room so you won't hear everyone walking/stomping ove...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Kieth L.,
I am so genuinely sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. It is true the complex was originally built in the 60's and recently (2007) enjoyed a top/down renovation to the studs. Most find the units to be to their liking and the pictures to be a fair and accurate representation of the facility. If you would like to discuss your visit with me directly, I would welcome your feedback. Feel free to call me at (828) 350-8000 ask for Bill Cummings.

I wish you well,
Horsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night as we were visiting The Biltmore estate. What a delight, we had a studio room with kitchen, lounge and bedroom areas and a large bathroom with a double sink. We had been travelling on a road trip for a few days so we were delighted to discover in room washing and drying facilities - fully laundered by the time we departed. There was a balcony too - though not really enough time to use it. Plenty of room and impressive styling. Slight disappointment in that it only had a shower - no tub :(, but actually the other facilities made up for it. Quite hard to find - but a real treat.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Karen M.

Thank you for your kind review. I am so happy we met your expectations. Also, please know for future visits that all of our larger units (1 & 2 Bedrooms) have both a tub and a jetted tub. We hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us again soon.

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We will certainly return. Have booked our next stay for October. The room was spacious and clean (we got a 2 bedroom). Pullout couch was fine, not super comfy. Great kitchen with full sized appliances. Pet fee was not terrible. Great location and attractive grounds. We had a problem with our keys and the staff took care of it happily and quickly. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind review. We look forward to your October trip. If using the sleeper sofa again, please let us know if a mattress topper would make it more comfortable and we will be happy to provide it!

North Port, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic! We will be back!The condo was out of a top notch magazine,bathed with class.
Loved the granite, the peace, the tub- everything!I thought I was getting a sweet rate on a hotel room & I was blessed with a 5 star condo instead!

• Stayed June 2014
Bill C, General Manager at The Residences at Biltmore, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Janelle C,
What can I say but we are flattered beyond belief by your generous review. We strive to exceed our guests expectations, it seems as though we achieved that for you. We are looking forward to your next visit.
Bill C.

Been to The Residences at Biltmore? Share your experiences!