“Roomy and Comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 58 Hotels in Asheville
South Carolina
“Roomy and Comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We just returned home from a 3 day trip to Asheville where we stayed at The Residences @ Biltmore. It appears to be a former Condominium complex with several buildings. We had a two bedroom suite on the 4th floor that was almost perfect. The beds, down comforter and pillows were beyond comfortable. Both bathrooms were well appointed and well supplied.
Stainless steel appliances in the full kitchen made for easy mornings. The only things I found the kitchen lacked were a frying pan and a sharp knife. The two that are supplied are well past dull.
We loved the gas fireplace and even the sofa was nap perfect.
Be aware that The Residences are pet friendly, and one of our neighbors had two that barked for three solid hours in the late afternoon. I'm guessing the guests were out of their room. It was still day light so we did not complain but still an annoyance. We love animals, but well behaved animals are much nicer to be around.
I'm giving the service a 4 star instead of a 5 because despite an email from the 24 hour Concierge, when I emailed asking a question before our visit, I received no reply. At check in, even though the question was answered, a mention of the email was waved off. I got the impression that she had no idea what I was talking about. Otherwise, check in, maid service and check out were prompt and courteous.
We loved the rooms so much that we'll be making this our Asheville place to stay.

Room Tip: Walls between units are not as well sound proofed or insulated as they could be, so ask for a room o...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Shane B, Owner at The Residences at Biltmore, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thanks for your kind review. I couldn't be happier to hear how much you enjoyed staying with us. I appreciate you sharing your favorite amenities. Our guests' satisfaction is always our primary concern, so we work hard to provide everything necessary to enjoy a relaxed, stress-free stay!

I'm glad you'll be returning to see us again. We're proud to be your go-to place in Asheville! I look forward to next time.

Shane Bounds, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Huntington, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

First, let me say that my wife and I loved The Residence at Biltmore. We stayed at the hotel with another couple during the 2012 Christmas holiday. The apartment-style rooms are wonderful: very comfortable, great kitchen, amazing bathroom, very convenient, etc.

One word of caution, however: although we and our friends booked the same room type, booked rooms that were adjacent to each other, booked them within about 24 hours of each other, and booked them directly with the hotel (our friends via the web and me via the phone), the rates we were charged were significantly different and ours was different that what was shown on their website.

We discovered the difference after we returned home. I contacted the hotel to see if there was an error of if they could adjust the higher rate. The hotel CSR explained that their rates were adjusted based on occupancy, booking method, etc.; and that she was unable or unwilling to adjust the rate. Her explanation was plausible but very unsatisfactory. I urge you to consider staying at the Residence BUT be very careful to verify that you'll be charged the expected rate.

I'm certain we'll return to Asheville but sad to say that we'll probably look for a new hotel on our next trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Shane B, Owner at The Residences at Biltmore, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. It's great to hear that you and your wife loved staying with us. Providing you comfort and convenience is what we're all about!

I'm sorry about the confusion regarding the booking process. I'm also sorry that the explanation you received was unsatisfactory. If you would like to discuss the situation further please don't hesitate to reach out. We'd love a chance to put our best foot forward, and we'd love to host you again next time you're in Asheville. Take care.

Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We had a two-bedroom suite (404) for our 2-night stay in December to visit Biltmore, so beautifully decorated for Christmas. The Residences are a great place to be, extremely close to the main gates of the Estate. The suite's amenities were excellent: a very comfortable sitting area, with fireplace, flat-screen TV, doors to balcony, and great kitchen (stainless steel appliances) and dining area in an open-plan setting. The bathrooms and bedrooms were equally well appointed. Car-parking is another great feature of the property, as we could park our vehicle right behind that part of the apartment complex. I can truly recommend the Residences without hesitation as a wonderful place to stay while in Asheville.

Room Tip: As we were three in our group, the 2-bedroom suite was an easy choice. I asked specifically for a to...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Shane B, Owner at The Residences at Biltmore, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thanks for your kind review. I couldn't be happier to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. I appreciate you commenting on our "excellent" amenities. Providing you with a comfortable, relaxed environment is always our primary concern. Thanks for recommending us to your fellow TripAdvisor users. Hopefully we will see you soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed a romantic New Year's weekend in Asheville at the Residences at Biltmore. This is a lovely property with attentive staff. We enjoyed a bottle of wine in front of our fireplace as we watched snow dust the mountains.

We have two complaints. Otherwise, our stay would have been flawless.

1. The Property provides down bedding in all rooms. I am allergic to down, however, and had to strip the bed on arrival. We called housekeeping for replacement pillows and blankets. Pillows were great, but we received two thin and obviously stained blankets as a replacement for the comforter. I would advise Residences to consider hypoallergenic bedding options that fit the feel of the property.

2. We read in other reviews that noise can be an issue, so we were pleased to be given a suite on the highest floor. Our first night was quiet and wonderful. The second night, our neighbors arrived. Their TV must have shared a wall with our headboard. We could hear every word of Rihanna "Diamonds" as well as our neighbor singing along. We called the front desk, who had some success with requesting that our neighbors turn down the volume. However, it was still impossible to sleep in our bedroom until well after 1:30AM. The last time I had a night of sleep this terrible, I lived in an apartment that cost less per month than our suite did per night (next to three grad students obsessed with Shakira). Not sure what to suggest on this front. My husband and I were remarking before heading to bed that we loved Residences at Biltmore and planned to return. It appears despite the best efforts of the Residences staff, the quality of our stay was ultimately determined by our neighbors.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your time in Asheville, and thank you for sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor, Rachel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at our "lovely" property. Your satisfaction is always our primary concern!

I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with some constructive feedback. I'm sorry that we could not offer you a better alternative to the down comforter. Your comfort is crucial to us, so thanks for pointing this out.

I'm also sorry to hear that your stay was disrupted by your neighbors. Next time, don't hesitate to ask to switch rooms. Like I said, your comfort and satisfaction is crucial to us. I hope you'll be back to see us again in the future. We'd love a chance to show you a five-star experience! Take care.

Elizabeth City, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We had a wonderful time staying at The Residences at Biltmore! The accommodations were spacious, clean, and very well kept.The perfect location for visiting The Biltmore and downtown Asheville. My husband and I will be returning this spring for sure.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
I couldn't be happier to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us! Thanks for sharing your experience. Our guests' satisfaction is always our primary concern, so the team will be thrilled to see this. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the spring. Take care.

Huntington, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

This former apartment complex has been converted into the perfect home away from home room: think apartment more than hotel room. Nestled into a residential neighborhood, our one bedroom unit was clean, tastefully decorated and quiet. We loved the gas fireplace, full sized kitchen, flat screen televisions in both the living room and bedroom, the HUGE bathroom with jacuzzi tub and access to the pool area, hot tub and firepit. Housekeeping was fantastic - we came home to a clean kitchen, fresh linens and everything was in oder every day. It's pet friendly and the rooms are for non-smokers. There is also a business office and a very small fitness room with two treadmills, free weights and a machine for a quick workout. The location is half way between downtown and Biltmore's gate. Loved this place and we'll be back!

Room Tip: If you have a pet, you will most likely want to be placed on a first floor room with patio access to...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Shane B, Owner at The Residences at Biltmore, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I couldn't be happier to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. Our customers' satisfaction is always our primary concern, so the team will be thrilled to see this.

I appreciate you commenting on how much you enjoyed our amenities. Providing the amenities necessary to ensure your comfort is always our goal! Thanks again for the kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

We really enjoyed our short stay. After reading other reviews we requested a top floor room. When we arrived we had a top floor room as well as being on the end unit. The only adjoining wall we had with another unit was the bathroom, and we never had any noise problems. The room was homey and well stocked. The bathroom was beautiful and the TV was nice and large. The only complaint was that although the bed was comfy, it was the smallest "queen" bed I've ever seen.

• Stayed December 2012
Shane B, Owner at The Residences at Biltmore, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thanks for sharing your experience with us. It's always great hearing back from customers, especially when they were so satisfied with their time here. Our guests satisfaction is always our top priority, so your review makes me very happy. Making you feel at home is what we're all about!

I appreciate your kind words. We hope to welcome you back again next time you're in the area! Take care.

Shane Bounds, General Manager

Been to The Residences at Biltmore? Share your experiences!