“The Small Fig Delivers Big” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 644 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American, French, Bistro
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“The Small Fig Delivers Big”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

Asheville is one of my favorite places for a weekend getaway and in a city full of great restaurants, Fig Bistro still manages to stand out. Tucked in the back corner of the Biltmore Village, Fig has a cozy spot that includes an intimate dining room and wonderful outdoor seating options as well. The service, wine, and atmosphere are all very strong - but nothing matched the amazing pork tenderloin. While it's not inexpensive, you get every bit of your money's worth. They have great choices for all kinds of tastes and deliver high quality throughout the menu.

Glen Allen, Virginia
“FIG = FRENCH FOOD AT ITS FINEST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2009

I live in Virginia, so I am not a local, but I quickly learned just how magnificent the food is at FIG a few years ago when it opened. Now, every time I am in Asheville, I make a point of having dinner at FIG and always end up saying, "This is the best food I have ever eaten." Chef Klein has truly proven that common stigmas associated with french food can be replaced by superlatives. Portions are adequate, presentation is pleasing, sauces are not overdone nor overpowering, courses are creative and harmonious and, most importantly, the food is cooked to perfection. Completing the experience are excellent service and a chic, relaxed, intimate setting. In a word, FIG is perfection. You will love it!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Diego, CA
“Well Done!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

I went to Asheville in October during the peak of the Fall Foliage and found myself without a reservation in the Biltmore Village area. The Fig Bistro was booked until 9 pm on a Friday night, but with nowhere else to go, I took it. Boy, what a find! The owner really put his heart into his restaurant. The ambience, the food, the wait staff...all first rate. It was the first time diners came up to me as they were leaving and recommending different dishes to try. One recommended the Rib Eye, and I loved it. They also have a roast duck with an orange sauce that I'm going to try the next time I'm there. Wine, salad, and steak set me back about $50, and well worth it. Plenty of parking, which is a premium in that area.

Cincinnati, Oh
“Lovely!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

My wife and I ate at Fig Bistro for our 10th anniversary this past weekend. Special Occasion dinners can be difficult because the pressure to have everything go well on your special night can get in the way of the relaxation and enjoyment of the evening. We had never been to Fig before but chose it based on it's online reviews and had our fingers crossed that it would do well for our anniversary. Fig Bistro did not disappoint in any way.

From the time we arrived the hostess was very welcoming and made sure we had a nice little table by the window. The atmosphere is sparse, but cozy with both indoor and outdoor seating available. Our server was friendly, knowledgeable and very polite. We each had a salad and entree and we both were very happy with the creativity of the dishes, the presentation of the plates and flavor of our food. Our server offered us a complimentary dessert for the occasion. We had the Pots de Creme and loved it! We would highly recommend Fig Bistro for anyone looking for a creative and delicious meal for any occasion.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tucson, AZ
“A Wonderful Dinning Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

My wife and I along with another couple had dinner in early September. Everything about the restaurant was impressive. The quality of the food and the preparation were outstanding. The duck breast was the perfect dish. The waiter was so knowledgeable he even knew which wine paired well with the duck.
If ever we're near Asheville we would make a stop to have dinner here again.