“Best meal in Asheville” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Best meal in Asheville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Folks, this place is NOT to be missed. Sort of an odd location in Biltmore Village but food is incredible. Truffle fries and watermelon salad for appetizers. Watermelon salad was served with sheep's cheese, arugula and a jalapeno glaze. Sounds rather odd but your palate will not be sorry. Menu changes so these may not still be on the list but the salmon with pinot reduction and melted leeks would have made a tadpole slap a whale. The pork loin with caramelized onion and bacon tarte with fingerling potatoes…delish. We were too full for dessert but dessert menu looked great. Travis seated us and was very friendly and helpful. Made a recommendation for a beer/wine for dinner and also recommended a trip to RAD to a brewery that was also worth the trip.
We are avid trip advisor and Yelp food searchers. Add this one to your itinerary, you won't regret it!

Visited July 2014

Franklin, Tennessee
“Limited menu-tasty choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

While we were disappointed when a wine, a dessert, and an entree were sold out or not available, what we had was delist. The duck confit salad was yummy and the tuna tartare was the perfect compliment of cool, spicy and fresh. The PEI mussels were well cooked and the broth was tasty. Not enough dessert options.

Visited June 2014
Denver, North Carolina
“Great Little Place for Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

My husband and I have visited The Fig Bistro many times for lunch and every time it has been a great experience. If there are no tables available, try the bar seating - fun to watch the staff who are very friendly.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Added to my list of Favorite Places”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I am so thrilled that I discovered a new “must eat here” restaurant to add to my list. Asheville is an amazing destination where spirited art and a creative vibe flow seamlessly to the canvas or the kitchen. Fig Bistro is one of those lively restaurants where the chef’s palette creates unbelievable magic on my palate.

The setting inside is simple and cozy with a few additional tables outside for al fresco dining if desired. The food is the real star here. I ordered a couscous and asparagus dish with a delightful lemon flavor that was so fresh and summery. I was not especially hungry when we arrived but my empty plate divulged that I could not stop eating this delicious dish. My sister ordered a reuben sandwich and was equally pleased. She also kept stealing bites of my couscous.

The wine and beer selection were wonderful but we did not sample anything. I appreciated that many local brews were offered. I intend to return on my next visit to Asheville. I’ve added Fig Bistro to my list of favorites.

Visited June 2014
Brevard,NC
“Typical trendy bistro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

While trendy, Fig is not especially typical. We had a late lunch and wife had the salmon. I chose
Pork schnitzel with cannelini beans, kale and sherry jus. Not my normal fried chicken meal.
Service was extremely good and food arrived at the table fresh and piping hot. We had choice of
Dining on the terrace or inside. Have had my fill of camping for awhile so chose inside. Highly
Recommend when/if shopping in Biltmore Village