“All hits with one miss....” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 626 restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American, French, Bistro
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
The Woodlands, Texas
“All hits with one miss....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Who can resist a real French waiter? Generous wine by the glass...enjoyed the German whites. The mussels in wine and garlic appetizer...outstanding! Chilled leek and roasted pepper soup...delicious. The salad looked fresh from the farm, with dried cherries, goat cheese and a balsamic cherry reduction artfully arranged on the plate. My Schnitzel was not available, so they substituted pork tenderloin. That was the miss, very tasteless. They quickly changed out my order for shrimp risotto with coconut milk. Outstanding. Dessert was panacotta with raspberry sherbet, pot de creme, and bread pudding--very buttery but a bit dry for me.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

89% Recommend
Southborough, Massachusetts USA
“Awesome fois gras!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful dinner here. I had a fois gras appetizer which was excellent with a pork loin entree. My wife had scallops which were very good but there were only 3. More would have been better and she is not a big eater. It is a smallish place with a very nice ambience. If you go there don't trust your GPS. We were off by a block. We called twice and finally the owner had to come out on the sidewalk to flag us down. This minor inconvenience was definitely worth it.

Visited May 2013
Durham, NC
“Friendly French Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband and I went to Fig Bistro for his birthday dinner. We wanted a nice dinner that made us feel like we were back in France. This quaint restaurant in the Biltmore Village area of Asheville met all of our expectations. That started with the very friendly and cheerful “maître d”, who hails from Paris, France. We had a great time talking about France, and hearing his recommendations for our next visit to his home country.
Thanks to the numerous reviews that stated to make reservations, we did. It was a good thing as by 6:30pm, the restaurant was packed. Though every seat was taken, it was not a loud venue. Everyone seemed to be enjoying their drinks and meals in the very comfortable setting.
We started out with Pommes Frites with truffle oil, pecorino, and chives. The fries were perfectly crisped, and the truffle oil gave it a nice balance – it was not too oily. Since the French, Belgians and Dutch got my husband addicted to it, he asked for mayonnaise on the side. He says that made the frites a perfect appetizer!
For dinner, my husband was definitely going to get the steak that so many had recommended. That night, it was not hangar steak, but ribeye with poached egg, spinach, tater, truffled bordelaise. It was heavenly! Ribeye can be a tough cut, but his steak was almost like butter – it was very tender. The condiments were perfectly balanced and flavorful. This includes the perfectly cooked egg on top. I was not so hungry thus I opted for a very nice green salad with walnuts, vinaigrette, goat cheese, dried cherries. The lettuce was very fresh! What else would one expect in the foodie town of Asheville? It was one of the best salads I have had in a long time.
Venture outside of downtown Asheville, and make Fig Bistro a dinner destination. It is only two miles south of downtown and a mere mile from I-40. Pretend you are in France, and enjoy a fresh and delicious meal. Besides you can walk along the tree-lined streets of Biltmore Village and get in trouble with all of those tempting boutique shops. Bon Appétit!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
St. Thomas
“Delicious food, sweet ambiance, good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Loved the lunch menu and the intimate setting. Servers were accommodating and friendly. The Pommes Frittes were delicious, as was the Salmon. Will go back again soon!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Groton, MA
“Amazing food! Highly recommended!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Figs Bistro – Excellent, interesting flavors. Small intimate space. Right-sized portions for one person. Helpful servers. Loved the shrimp risotto. Adult vibe - I would not recommend this place for young children. I believe the menu showing online is not up to date; we were offered several different choices when we were there. Also the map location showing on TripAdviser seems wrong. This restaurant is located in the Biltmore Village area, which seems to be a newly-developed area of shops and great restaurants just outside the Biltmore Entrance gate.

Visited April 2013