“Another great meal at Bouchon!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Asheville, North Carolina
“Another great meal at Bouchon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

We are fortunate enough to live in the area and Bouchon is a gem! Great, consistent food. Husband loved the bone marrow and cordon bleu this past visit. Service is hit or miss.

Asheville, North Carolina
“happy place, good French comfort food, friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

We've eaten here several times and the food has been good every time. This time we took current and future relatives, two of whom are vegetarians. Everyone was satisfied. Bouchon often draws a crowd and does not take reservations. If street parking is unavailable, I recommend either of the city-owned lots on Rankin Avenue up the hill one block to the west. I like the duck here and the pate appetizer is very good if you can eat that much food. My son had the steak au poivre which is served with the classic sauce and he loved it. The fries are the best I've had in this area. The salads are fresh and plentiful. The trout is good too. I like the wine selection as well.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great for dinner AND dessert”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We have eaten here twice recently, once for dinner and once for dessert only. Both nights were very enjoyable. If you leave room for dessert be sure to try the African Queen. Good stuff!

Tourcoing, France
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Bouchon is one of the best restaurants in Asheville. I always have a blast here: the atmosphere is both lively and warm, the food is delightful and the wine is good. The steak au poivre is amazing. I also had scallops which are the best I've ever had. And their crepes are delicious too! Everytime I go to Asheville is a great opportunity to go to Bouchon, and is worth the trip! Very glad I live not too far. It's the spot for every special occasions.

• Visited February 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Always a winner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Every time I'm in Asheville I must go to Bouchon! I sit at the patio bar at the front of the restaurant, get the escargot, the sparkling rose and indulge a little. I got the shrimp & crab avocado half, (at $12 for a small half, it's pricey) it was good, but not amazing. I got the African Queen for the first time this visit... a crispy phyllo filled with a cooked mash of banana surrounded by a smoky caramel sauce and topped with coconut ice cream...j'adore!

I forget the bartender's name, it was unusual girl's name, but she was wonderful and engaging and gave me excellent service.

• 4 of 5 stars Food