“My first introduction to...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mela Indian Restaurant

Mela Indian Restaurant
70 N Lexington Ave, Asheville, NC 28801-2823 (Downtown Asheville)
+1 828-225-8880
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #37 of 565 Restaurants in Asheville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Buffet, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Description: Located on Lexington Avenue in the heart of downtown Asheville, Mela Indian Restaurant specializes in North and South Indian food made from scratch with local and organic ingredients. We are certified by the Appalachian Sustainable Agriculture Project for using ingredients produced by local farmers. Come sample our lunch buffet which has a range of delicious options including chicken and naan cooked in our authentic tandoor oven, raita prepared with house-made yogurt, and seasonal vegetarian specialties. The atmosphere at dinner is warm and intimate; specials include such favorites such as pistachio lamb and spinach and goat cheese naan which are baked in our genuine tandoor oven. Mela welcomes children and offers a kids menu. In addition to dine-in, we also offer catering services. We have many options available - please contact us for more details. At Mela, our goal is to provide our community with a taste of traditional Indian cuisine. We hope you'll come and join us soon!
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“My first introduction to...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2007

My first introduction to Indian food, thank you Mr. Lindrum. The lunch buffet is a great price and has lots of tasty stuff, especially that flatbread.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Best Indian food in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2007

Best Indian food in town

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Delish...great food, good prices. Try the lunch buffet.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2007

Delish...great food, good prices. Try the lunch buffet.

“Probably my fav!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2007

Probably my fav!!!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“My boyfriend and I went...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2007

My boyfriend and I went here for Valentine's. Very classy and delicious!