“Excellent customer service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville

You added Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Resort Drive, Asheville, NC 28806 (Formerly Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #41 of 57 Hotels in Asheville
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Excellent customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I received excellent customer service from Brian at the Crowne Plaza Resort. He assisted me with a problem in a prompt, friendly, and efficient manner. I will stay at Crowne Plaza on my next Asheville visit.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Bryan B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words regarding the service I had the privilege to provide. I look forward to assisiting you on your next visit to Asheville. Have a great week!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Chapel Hill, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We were fortunate as we booked thru Hot Wire. Our room was lovely. The bedding was most definitely 4 Star. Must say, we didn't have a view, but that was not a problem. They offered a shuttle downtown for $5 round trip. Was sorry I didn't take advantage of that because downtown Asheville is lovely. Lots of art, cute shops. Very eclectic.

Really enjoyed their Pub. Had a huge fireplace, lots of TV's and excellent food. We both raved about the quality of the food. Portion size was more than generous.

My husband enjoyed the coffee provided in the lobby.

Would definitely return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for providing this review and I'm so happy that you enjoyed your time at our property. I will pass along your compliments to our Food and Beverage Director as well as our Executive Chef about your great experience at our Pub, and also let them know that you enjoyed our fresh brewed lobby coffee as well! You will have to come back again and take advantage of our downtown shuttle so you can explore more of our great shopping and dining opportunites in Asheville. Thank you again for your feedback.
Durham, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The customer service and breakfast were outstanding. THE BED WAS SO HORRIBLE, MY ambien wouldn't even put me to rest. I did not sleep with the exception of 90 minutes the entire night. I have never been so dissapointed to pay so much ($170/night) for a hotel room and the bed not even be comfortable. I am so dumb founded by the rock hard beds I have decided to write the company, I have had better beds at the Holiday Inn, Comfort Suites, Hampton Inn, and Marriott hotels. I am a school teacher with a small salary and I really wish I had my money back for beleiving this was a true 100% resort... The Mattress firm has better sample beds on sale for $299.

Room Tip: eat breakfast, you wont regret it
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Bryan B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share some feedback about your stay at our Resort, and I am very sorry and dissapointed that you did not find our beds comfortable. We have Simmons Beauty Rest mattresses in all of our rooms and even add an additional pillow topper for added softenss and comfort. I have not yet recieved any information from my corporate office yet regarding this issue and I cannot determine what room you stayed in based on your review. If you'd give me the courtesy of a call at 828-285-2607 to let me know which room you were in so I can have that particular bed addressed by my executive housekeeper it would be much appreciated. I am so glad that you were able have positive interactions our great staff as well as our breakfast chef, and I will be sure to pass along your compliments at our next staff meeting.
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza for two nights for a work meeting. I had problems in pretty much every area of this hotel. First off, the rooms: they are a good size, and I had a great view. However, there were ants in the hallways and silverfish in the bathtub. Really gross. The hallways also smelled really musty. Breakfast in the restaurant the next morning was really good, although service was super slow (especially considering how few guests there were). The meetings were terrible. We had problems with our A/V (microphones were crap) and their "high-speed internet" was anything but high speed. We had an issue every time they brought food to our room - they were either late, or didn't bring utensils or forgot half the food. So our agenda got pushed back with every single meal. There were no pens and pads in one of our breakout rooms. I could go on and on, but I will just say that this place might be okay if you're just spending the night (and don't mind bugs) but I would NEVER hold an event here. Ever.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Deb R,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Wake Forest, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

First off I just want to say we had problems at this hotel but also they were all taken care of to our satisfaction. We went there for a meeting and the hotel was chosen by others. The grounds were very nice, with walking trails rocking chairs, and fairly close to down town. Upon check in Bryan was nice and helpful in that we wanted two rooms fairly close to each other and he took care of this with no problem. As Rewards members he gave us drink vouchers for their bar which we would use because we were a little tired. The bar was nice with a fireplace and a pool table which we used both. (the bar tender on the other hand must have been having a bad day because she let it show by not caring if we were there or not) Next morning the shower did not work (broke in my hand) and the front desk gave us a key to another room to take our showers but this did make us late for our meeting. That night we went back to the bar for a drink and had the same problem so we did not stay long. The next night we used the hotel shuttle to go down town and had a great time, The shuttle driver was GREAT and we tipped her in both directions for the five min ride, She was full of stories and knew alot about the area around. That night is when we had problems with a drunk in the hall. I won't go into it but it finally got handled and we were able to get to our room and get some sleep. Now I said they took care of the problem and they did, the next morning we meet with Bryan and he listened to all that happened to us and compensated us to our satisfaction. That is why we give them a good rating and thus the title we were in the right place just the wrong time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Bryan B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Thank you for sharing the details of your experience at our Resort, I just wish you could have had positive interatctions with ALL of our staff/guests, not just in spurts as you described. I sincerely appreciate your great feedback in regards to the grounds, our shuttle service, and the majority of the staff you encountered during your time with us. I thank you for coming to speak with me on your check out day to discuss ways we could have improved your stay and I've had the opportunity since you departed to go over some of your concerns with my General Manager as well as our Food and Beverage Director. Thank you for your feedback despite the issues you encountered and I hope you will give us another chance in the future.
Galveston, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We decidded to leave home a couple days earlier and decided to stay at the Crown plaza while on our way to the Grove Park Inn. we stayed at the Crown Plaza for 2 days. We thought it was wonderful! If you enjoy exercising they have a great facilty to exercise. The breakfast was great.Rooms clean and friendly staff.
They have a zip line- we didn't do it but it looked like fun. We just really enjoy the Ashville area. We will go back again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your excellent feedback and I'm so glad that you enjoyed your time both at our Resort and in Asheville as a whole. I appreciate your comments regarding our wellness center as well our friendly staff and I hope you can return for a visit in the future. I highly reccommend our zipline which you mentioned, or the new Treetop Adventure Park which is more of a high ropes challenge course and also located on our property. Thank you again for your review and hope to see you back. Thanks!
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Got a good deal on priceline.. now I know why..

I had to wait in line 30 minutes for check-in..not even an apology when I was finally helped.

As mentioned, the rooms need updating. The sofa cushions were frayed and everything is a bit dingy. The shower head was shooting water at the ceiling (I was able to fix this myself), and the toilet is very slow to flush, where everyone was scared to use it.

But more annoying is that the walls are thin (I listened to the person in the next room for a few hours while trying to sleep both nights), the hallways noise is also loud. The heater/air conditioner cannot be set on a degree, it is just hot or cold air that blows.. so that the room gets too hot or cold when you fall asleep.

Minor gripe is they didn't have a DVD play to hook into the TV.

On the plus side, the beds were comfortable and there was an empty mini fridge to store items. The bathroom was well stocked with towels and supplies.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Bryan B, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Thank you very much for your review and I appreciate your great feedback regarding our comfortable beds as well as our new bathroom amenities. I do apologize for the wait at check-in and I obviously wish my front desk agent had acknowledged the fact that you had to wait, and to thank you for your patience. I cant be certain of your room number based on your review but anytime you have issues in your guest room such as the HVAC controls or a slow flushing toilet, please let the front desk know either during your stay or during the check out process so we can have our engineering department address the problem. We most likely could have corrected the problem and saved you some aggrevation during your visit. Though I wish you could have an all around more pleasant stay with us, I want to thank you again for leaving your comments and know that your feedback will not go unnoticed by our management team. Hope to see you again soon!

Been to Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville? Share your experiences!