“Don't use your Hilton Honors Points for this Property” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save Up To 15%
Ranked #6 of 57 Hotels in Asheville
easton, pa
“Don't use your Hilton Honors Points for this Property”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2008

We stayed 2 nights at Homewood Suites Asheville to visit the Biltmore house, and tour the surrounding area. I booked my stay using Hilton Honors points, and requested 2 queen beds as my fiance was having problems with his back, and wanted his own bed. When we arrived to check in, I inquired about our room, to make sure we received two queen beds, and was told that there were no queen rooms available. Later that evening, I went online and checked, and saw that the website showed availability for 2 queen beds. I went down to the front desk to see if we could be moved, and to show them that the website showed the room being available. I was told that 2 queen beds are an upgrade, and when using Hilton Honors points, guests are booked in a king room. The room with queen beds was available, but we were lied to, and told there was no availability. I explained the situation with my fiance's back and also told her that I am a Hilton Honors Gold member, and my fiance is a diamond member. She would not allow us to change rooms, and said there was nothing she could do. When I asked for a manager she said that she was one and that was the hotel's policy. The price difference between our room and 2 queen beds was $10 dollars. It was not like we were asking to be upgraded to a very expensive room. We were not even offered the option to pay the difference between the two rooms, which I found out later we should have been allowed to do. Also both my fiance and I are suppose to have preferred status with Hilton, but this hotel would not recognize it. We have stayed at other Homewood Suites and have been upgraded without even asking. We used 30,000 points/night for this property which is alot considering we could have stayed at a Hilton for the same number of points.
As far as the room, I believe that because we were using points we were put in an inferior room. Our bathroom had mold on the ceiling above the shower, and large rust stains in the grout. The first night there, the air conditioning stopped halfway through the night and my fiance and I roasted until morning. When I told the front desk about the air conditioner, I was instructed to make sure we did not have the thermostat turned to the fan setting and that the air conditioner should automatically kick on . We tried it again the following night, but the same thing happened. It would work for awhile and then die. It probably needed a charge,
Upon checking out, I told the clerk about the air conditioning and 2 nights without much sleep. She said that she would have someone look into it, which did not do us any good as we were checking out.
The restaurant does do a nice job with the meals. When we were there, they were taking suggestions for improvements for the dining area. My only suggestions were, that we had chocolate chip cookies at night at other Homewood Suites. I was informed that this hotel only does this on the weekends. Also at breakfast it would be nice if there was a waffle machine. Many hotels have this, for people who don't want eggs or cereal. Homewood Suites are great in that you get both breakfast and dinner.
The hotel is conveniently located near Biltmore and close to major highways, We did trips to Chimney Rock and Grandfather Mountain and enjoyed both places.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2008

My husband and I just spent two nights at the Homewood Suites during a visit to Biltmore Mansion. We booked the hotel through the Biltmore web site so everything was taken care of and paid for before we even left our house. We had a King Suite which was very nice size, well appointed furniture, completely stocked kitchen, plenty of fluffy towels, good quality toilitries, and very comfortable bed with extra pilllows and blankets. There was even microwave popcorn! The breakfast was good and plentiful with many selections, both hot and cold. The location was convenient to Biltmore Mansion and the staff were VERY friendly and helpful. The only thing I saw wrong at all was it was a little noisy with being able to hear water running, etc. itn the rooms above us. but this was not a problem after 10:00 p.m. We definitly will stay at the Homewood Suites again.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — The noise level that could be heard from other rooms.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2008

A new and well run hotel whose rooms justify the term ‘suites’. Each has a kitchen/living room and a separate bedroom with bathroom. They are just big enough to accommodate a good range of furniture, with a sofa, armchair, desk + chair, and dining table + two chairs. They are quiet and everything works. The staff are efficient and friendly. There is a complimentary buffet Monday to Thursday with (was I dreaming?) free beer. The hotel is located in a newly developed car-accessed retail/hotel area.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Williamsville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2008

We loved this hotel! Check-in went fast. The lobby is gorgeous and there's tons to seating for breakfast. They had big cookies to help yourself to at the check-in counter.

The tastefully decorated and clean room was quite spacious with a king size bed and sofa bed. My only complaint were the ill-fitting sheets that kept falling off our bed -- slightly annoying. The kitchen was a nice size and had a small table for two.

Breakfast was abundant with lots of nice choices. My son woke up with a fever and the attendant was nice enough to give me a tray to take his breakfast up to our room. She was very pleasant and helpful.

The pool was clean and pretty big. The hot tub was a nice size, too. My only complaint was the a/c that was on in the pool area; it felt kind of chilly.

The hotel seemed to be located in a very nice area. There were tons of restaurants within walking distance from the hotel (Applebee's, Olive Garden..) Lots of places to shop were nearby, too.

It was about a five to ten minute drive to The Biltmore.

We had a nice stay and would stay again if we were in the area.

• Liked — Location of hotel and beautiful room
  • Disliked — The sheets that didn't fit the mattress
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2008

Our family of five, two adults and three children spent four nights at the Homewood Suites in Asheville and we had a wonderful experience. Was deciding between there and Residence Inn Ashville and went with the Homewood because of the meals. Definitely made a great decision. The suites were clean, good sized, and nicely decorated. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Best of all was the generous and healthy dinners and breakfasts each day, with fresh fruit, wine, beer, salads, etc. Overall atmosphere of the hotel is quiet, calm, elegant and relaxing. Other guests we met seemed to enjoy the hotel too. We would highly recommend this if looking for a peaceful, clean, all-encompassing hotel with great food. Close to Biltmore, downtown Ashville, area parks and Smokies 30 minutes away. Pool and hot tub nice too. Can't go wrong here!!! You won't be disappointed.

Stayed March 2008
Southeastern PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2008

We spent 3 days here in late March and had a wonderful experience. They serve a free "light" supper M-Th, which was ample for dinner and very delicious. They even had complimentary draught beer and wine! The free breakfast was superior to most other places we've been--bread pudding, turnovers, eggs, etc. rather than the usual pre-packaged or frozen bread products.
The rooms were very nice and the beds were comfortable. The desk clerks were exceptionally helpful in giving us directions and recommending sights.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2008

This hotel is the best Homewood Suites I've stayed at and an excellent value if you're traveling with family. Overall, I was very pleased with both the service and accomodations. The staff was friendly and helpful, even going as far as printing out a rather lengthy document for me at the front desk at no extra charge. The furnishings in the suites look brand new and the bedding is very comfortable. The entire hotel is clean and well maintained.
The complimentary breakfast is of average quality- they offer the usual cold items and two hot items. The staff working in the breakfast area were friendly and attentive.

This hotel is conveniently located to downtown Asheville (5 min) and about a 10 minute drive to the Biltmore.

• Liked — well appointed, clean suites with plenty of room
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road? Share your experiences!