My wife and I reside in Michigan and planned to spend our 2-year wedding anniversary on a vacation to the mountains of North Carolina. We settled on Asheville as the perfect place to day trip from and, after reading endless reviews, setlled on Homewood Suites by Hilton as the hotel of choice. We were extremely pleased with our stay from check-in to check-out and if we ever return to western North Carolina will most definitely be staying here again. We booked our room, a King Suite, in advance and received an extremely low rate ($100/night) for a hotel of this class.
The location of the hotel cannot be beat as it is a quick minute from I-240 which is the main route to Asheville. The hotel is located within quick walking distance of a great variety of restaurants including Olive Garden and Red Lobster. The hotel was extremely clean and well-kept, the decor was aesthetically pleasing, and the staff were extremely courteous and friendly. The indoor pool area was well-kept and included a hot tub. The hot breakfasts were an important factor in our choosing this hotel and were even better than advertised! The menu was substantial, the variety from day to day was fantastic, the food was never in short supply, and the dining area was the best I've seen in any hotel. Best hotel breakfasts I've ever had, by far. The manager's reception offered Mon.-Thurs. is worth mentioning as well. We were able to save a substantial amount of money by utilizing the light meal offered by the hotel during the week. Similar to the breakfasts, we were pleasantly suprised by both the quality and variety offered at these meals, and would not deem them "light", as they are described by Hilton.
Our King Suite was fantastic and included two 32" flat screen TV's (one for the living area, another for the bedroom), a DVD player, computer desk, 2-person dining nook, kitchenette with full fridge, spacious bath, and king size bed. Perfect for our week-long stay.
The hotel offers small additional perks such as free DVD rental at the front desk and free transportation via hotel shuttle within so many miles of the hotel, which were a nice touch. Our stay at Homewood Suites by Hilton was fantastic and could not have been any better! Made for a perfect vacation.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton - Asheville Hotel Asheville
- Homewood Suites By Hilton - Asheville Hotel
- Homewood Suites Asheville
- Homewood Asheville
- Asheville Homewood
- Asheville Homewood Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Asheville’s finest all-suites luxury hotel located within minutes of downtown Asheville, Biltmore Estate and the city’s finest dining. At Homewood Suites by Hilton, Asheville, extra room is just the beginning. Our spacious and roomy suites have separate living and sleeping areas, work desks with complimentary internet, fully equipped kitchens and new high definition LCD televisions. Start your day with a complimentary hot breakfast served in our grand fireplace lobby and Monday-Thursday evenings, you can look forward to a complimentary dinner and drinks. Make your luxurious mountain vacation dream come true at Asheville’s new Homewood Suites by Hilton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.